Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Its been hell for George Hill

Sports Logo

Default Re: Its been hell for George Hill

I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing GH.....I just thought that he could have helped pay for his train ride home cuz the cost is so minimal to someone like him. I'm not saying that his initial gesture wasn't enough.....or that he should have.....I'm just saying that it would have been a nice gesture on top of an already nice gesture.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the issue is the automatic negative assumption, at least that's what my response is. Why assume GHill didn't pay for the ticket, as opposed to assuming he did and just merely didn't tweet it?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can only fit so much in 140 characters... If George had tweeted that he paid for his ticket home, he would be getting ripped for not feeding the guy.

Sidenote, China Pacer fans once again proving how HARDCORE they are.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the issue is the automatic negative assumption, at least that's what my response is. Why assume GHill didn't pay for the ticket, as opposed to assuming he did and just merely didn't tweet it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    You can only fit so much in 140 characters... If George had tweeted that he paid for his ticket home, he would be getting ripped for not feeding the guy.
    Based off of the information that was presented to me....I just commented that I am surprised that GH didn't buy the guy a train ticket home. Nothing more...nothing less. If he did but didn't tweet it....great....but I'm not criticizing GH or anything.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Based off of the information that was presented to me....I just commented that I am surprised that GH didn't buy the guy a train ticket home. Nothing more...nothing less. If he did but didn't tweet it....great....but I'm not criticizing GH or anything.
    Right, and there was nothing about a train ticket...so you commented based on nothing.

I find it hard to imagine that he invited a random stranger up to his room for dinner because he couldn't get home, and then did not get him home.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I find it hard to imagine that he invited a random stranger up to his room for dinner because he couldn't get home, and then did not get him home.
    I find it hard to imagine anyone spending the very last of their money in the hopes of meeting George Hill.

Sofia Vergara maybe, but not Hill.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

We need holick to clear this up. Bet he has all the details.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Right, and there was nothing about a train ticket...so you commented based on nothing.

You are right, there was no mention of GH buying the guy a ticket. It is therefore entirely possible that GH could have simply bought him a ticket after he brought him up to eat something.

But why is it that it is not entirely possible that the opposite ( where GH didn't buy him a train ticket ) could have happened?

You assume that he did ( cuz I can see that GH could be that type of guy ) while I assume that he didn't ( cuz GH simply didn't tweet or commented that he did or did not and therefore my initial comment ). Based off of the given information, neither of us are right or wrong in this.

To be clear ( and I have no idea why I feel like I have to defend myself ), as I said before....I don't feel that I am saying anything negative about GH in the first place. I can see that such a comment ( if it was by others on the board that don't particularly like GH ) can be taken and viewed as a negative comment....but I assure you, that was not the intent of my initial post.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

You are right, there was no mention of GH buying the guy a ticket. It is therefore entirely possible that GH could have simply bought him a ticket after he brought him up to eat something.

But why is it that it is not entirely possible that the opposite ( where GH didn't buy him a train ticket ) could have happened?

You assume that he did ( cuz I can see that GH could be that type of guy ) while I assume that he didn't ( cuz GH simply didn't tweet or commented that he did or did not and therefore my initial comment ). Based off of the given information, neither of us are right or wrong in this.

To be clear ( and I have no idea why I feel like I have to defend myself ), as I said before....I don't feel that I am saying anything negative about GH in the first place. I can see that such a comment ( if it was by others on the board that don't particularly like GH ) can be taken and viewed as a negative comment....but I assure you, that was not the intent of my initial post.
    You don't have to defend yourself and you were not overly negative. People here can be sensitive. Some are reacting as if you compared George Hill to Jeffrey Dahmer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    You don't have to defend yourself and you were not overly negative. People here can be sensitive. Some are reacting as if you compared George Hill to Jeffrey Dahmer.
    No, what people are reacting to is that it seems like GHill does something nice and the first reaction is "why didn't he do something nicer?" instead of "what a good guy."

While "Why didn't he do something nicer?" isn't saying he's bad, it IS saying he isn't living up to some expectation, and the irony is that it seems like even when there shouldn't be an expectation he's expected to live up to one.

It's a very valid observation given the constant discussion of him on PD.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    We need holick to clear this up. Bet he has all the details.
    My guess is the hotel-lobby-guy was too late to buy a ticket home, rather than running out of money. Lost in translation sometimes.

Anyway, it was nice that George Hill treat him a dinnier, right? I am sure many NBA players will walk by the lobby as if he saw nothing.

BTW, I will meet George Hill tmr, and let me ask details.

http://www.ChinaPacers.com

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to holick For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

I didn't think of this...but why is GH in China in the first place? Are the other Pacers there too?

I didn't think of this...but why is GH in China in the first place? Are the other Pacers there too?
    He's sponsored by Peak Shoes. He's over there on a Peak Tour.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Speaking of lost in translation.

Dude was probably looking for Grant Hill. He passed out after finding he spent his last dime on air fare to see a backup PG.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

CJ Watson was about to come to China for Yao charity game last weekend. But he canceled the trip last minute.

Also invited by PEAK.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Speaking of lost in translation.

Dude was probably looking for Grant Hill. He passed out after finding he spent his last dime on air fare to see a backup PG.
    Please you are just making yourself look foolish.

All right, here is the details I found out:

The lobby-kid was too late to catch a train, and obviously taking a cab back was too much for him so he opted to spend a night at the hotel lobby.

George Hill took a TV commercial shooting yesterday in Beijing, and will be featured player for PEAK's new season.

7d890814gw1ek1pct430nj21kw11xgyo.jpg

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to holick For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Starting to wonder if I'm in some type of coma and this is a dream. Reading this last page and subsequently thinking to myself that people are going this far in depth over something so small is highly entertaining to say the least.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    Starting to wonder if I'm in some type of coma and this is a dream. Reading this last page and subsequently thinking to myself that people are going this far in depth over something so small is highly entertaining to say the least.
    I wouldn't call it entertaining...

I am actually a George Hill fan. Not a huge one like that guy. But I am so glad he is running the point over Darren Collison, TJ Ford and even Jarrett Jack. But seriously. George will think he's in hell this coming season without Paul and Lance around. He will have to contend with MUCH tighter defense and longer guys than the opposing PG because as perhaps our best guard he will be called on to shoot and score a lot. I don't mean to diminish George as a player. He is a solid all-around combo guard and a great addition to this team. But he will be a target this coming year and contend with tougher defense than he has ever faced in his life.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

sav

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I am actually a George Hill fan. Not a huge one like that guy. But I am so glad he is running the point over Darren Collison, TJ Ford and even Jarrett Jack. But seriously. George will think he's in hell this coming season without Paul and Lance around. He will have to contend with MUCH tighter defense and longer guys than the opposing PG because as perhaps our best guard he will be called on to shoot and score a lot. I don't mean to diminish George as a player. He is a solid all-around combo guard and a great addition to this team. But he will be a target this coming year and contend with tougher defense than he has ever faced in his life.
    I agree. If I was the other team, George Hill would be facing a ton of double teams and half-court pressure defense. There's no Stephenson or George to share the ball-handling duties with or bail him out if he gets trapped in the backcourt. Personally, I don't have that much faith in Stuckey, CJ Miles, or S. Hill as his running mates. However, they could still surprise me this season.

EDIT:
    George Hill's assist to turnover ratio is not too bad though.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...tTurnoverRatio
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-07-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I agree. If I was the other team, George Hill would be facing a ton of double teams and half-court pressure defense. There's no Stephenson or George to share the ball-handling duties with or bail him out if he gets trapped in the backcourt. Personally, I don't have that much faith in Stuckey, CJ Miles, or S. Hill as his running mates. However, they could still surprise me this season.

EDIT:
    George Hill's assist to turnover ratio is not too bad though.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...tTurnoverRatio
    I think Stuckey or CJ Watson will help him but I don't have much confidence in Miles or SHill handling the ball.

Maybe Copeland could help.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I think Stuckey or CJ Watson will help him but I don't have much confidence in Miles or SHill handling the ball.

Maybe Copeland could help.
    Stuckey has the toughness to handle the ball without getting too dominated physically. He may actually prove to be an important pickup. I think he's being under-rated, although I would agree he is a poor fit for our team.