Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Its been hell for George Hill

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Its been hell for George Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That fool has lost sight of what real life is. He's typical of a lot of these pampered athlete types. Dude's been handed a rich boys life from the time he could bounce a ball. Let him work a 16 hour day and go home and open up the bills for the month and try to figure out how to give his family a decent life.

I need to get off this thread. It's making me negative.

Geeze, this article talks about how committed Hill has been this summer and how much he has sacrificed and people are killing him for it. What do you want from him?

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That fool has lost sight of what real life is. He's typical of a lot of these pampered athlete types. Dude's been handed a rich boys life from the time he could bounce a ball. Let him work a 16 hour day and go home and open up the bills for the month and try to figure out how to give his family a decent life.

I think you and pacer fan are taking his comments much too literal
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    The sad part is that composure and professionalism is often mistaken on this board as nonchalance and disinterest.
    Wish I could agree, but no. The issue w/ George Hill is that he passed up WIDE OPEN SHOTS time and time again, had games where he had under 5 FGA (of his own doing), often stood in the corner with his hands on his knees and watched the game. He's pretty much admitting in this article that he was something akin to nonchalant (at the very least, not aggressive).

So I can't really buy that his composure and professionalism was being mistaken for something else. I can only speak for myself, but I like the guy, just don't think he should be a starting point guard. I'd much rather see him as a 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Perfectly said. I'll enjoy the tranquility of this thread before Hill takes his turn as the whipping boy this season and Grimp conjures up 1,000 unrealistic trades involving him.
    Blame me for WhoLovesYaBaby coming in and taking a dump in the middle of this thread. I jinxed the **** out of it. My bad, fellas.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    The sad part is that composure and professionalism is often mistaken on this board as nonchalance and disinterest.
    Yup, I think he was unselfish as heck last season, maybe to a fault. I think he'll have a real nice year. It is my option that it was basically his job to bring the ball up and pass it. Fifth option.

His comments get over analyzed and exaggerated too. He doesn't dislike Indy or the fans if you ask me.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

Get em GHill! Stay aggressive
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

11. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    Good one.

But after that first half season, it was very difficult for young players to get playing time. It was only because of injuries that Lance had a chance to even get on the floor.
    Gerald Green got hurt?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

J7F

You know nothing about George Hill. Clearly. You make it sound like George Hill has been rolling in piles of money since the day he was born.

He was a two sport superstar in high school. He was one of the very best goalies in the state his last couple years in high school. George Hill has had nothing given to him his basketball career. Even being one of the best scorers in Indiana high school basketball history he could barely manufacture one D1 scholarship offer early on and he took it (IUPUI).

I'm sorry but this post just comes off very jealous. Do you think it's easy to become a professional basketball player? Do you think there isn't an incredible amount of work required just to sit in a suit at the end of an NBA bench? We can't all be NBA players, but the ones who do get there have been an incredible amount of work. To suggest otherwise is flat out ignorant.

More over did you even get to the part where he's attempting to go help in Haiti again? Or did you just open up the reply post and **** out the most useless post you possibly could.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 08-23-2014 at 01:52 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh Lordy....... Well, good bye

It sounds great to read how hard Hill is working. Still doesn't excuse him getting absolutely destroyed by Jeff Teague in the Atlanta series. The police should have been called during that series. Jeff Teague committed a crime, and Hill was the victim. In fact, I think Jeff Teague should legally change his name to "George Hill's Daddy"
    David "And One" West

I would love to have a more "pure" ball-handling point guard and move George Hill to the two guard spot, but that's not going to happen this year. Regardless, George Hill has been a hugely valuable piece to the Pacers over the last few years. The professionalism and winning traits that he brought from those three years in SA were so important to the growth of this team, particularly to young players like Paul George. Also, I'll never forget Game 5 against the Knicks in 2013 when we sucked without him. Hill was huge in the playoffs that year. Yeah the Heat could give him trouble with defensive pressure, but we're talking about a team that made the Finals four straight years. Also, the whole "hometown hero" was a nice marketing piece in an era when we were trying to win back fans.

It's tough to know that we traded away a future Finals MVP, but that trade was a good idea at the time because we needed veterans who could help our young players grow. Hill has been a big piece for the Pacers and I think he will take a lot of pride in trying to win games next year.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I would love to have a more "pure" ball-handling point guard and move George Hill to the two guard spot, but that's not going to happen this year. Regardless, George Hill has been a hugely valuable piece to the Pacers over the last few years. The professionalism and winning traits that he brought from those three years in SA were so important to the growth of this team, particularly to young players like Paul George. Also, I'll never forget Game 5 against the Knicks in 2013 when we sucked without him. Hill was huge in the playoffs that year. Yeah the Heat could give him trouble with defensive pressure, but we're talking about a team that made the Finals four straight years. Also, the whole "hometown hero" was a nice marketing piece in an era when we were trying to win back fans.

It's tough to know that we traded away a future Finals MVP, but that trade was a good idea at the time because we needed veterans who could help our young players grow. Hill has been a big piece for the Pacers and I think he will take a lot of pride in trying to win games next year.

I would love to see CJ Watson start at point and take George Hill's 2013-14 role and see Hill start at the 2.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I would love to see CJ Watson start at point and take George Hill's 2013-14 role and see Hill start at the 2.
    I expect to see more of this in the regular season...but not in the Starting Lineup. Having Watson and GH on the floor at the same time technically improves the overall ball handling and passing on the floor....but we essentially are talking about putting 2 competent ComboGuards that can handle the ball on the floor at the same time. If this did happen...I'd expect that GH would be handling the ball more than Watson would be.

No matter what, GH would be handling the ball when he is on the floor. Maybe slightly less if he is paired with Watson.....but the offense will be flowing through him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

George Hill is to small to be a starting 2 in the NBA.
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dlewyus View Post
    George Hill is to small to be a starting 2 in the NBA.
    I am not so sure about that. He has really long arms and moves his feet well. He can certainly guard the position.

I am not so sure about that. He has really long arms and moves his feet well. He can certainly guard the position.
    He's especially effective when it comes to defending off-ball types of guards that like to run around and shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    It sounds great to read how hard Hill is working. Still doesn't excuse him getting absolutely destroyed by Jeff Teague in the Atlanta series. The police should have been called during that series. Jeff Teague committed a crime, and Hill was the victim. In fact, I think Jeff Teague should legally change his name to "George Hill's Daddy"
    This is laughable at best. Teague shot a terrible percentage against the Pacers after game 1. Teague only had one more high scoring games and that was game 6. Even then he only shot 42%.

Hill also played great defense on Wall on the 2nd round. But ya know, keep hating.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This is laughable at best. Teague shot a terrible percentage against the Pacers after game 1. Teague only had one more high scoring games and that was game 6. Even then he only shot 42%.

Hill also played great defense on Wall on the 2nd round. But ya know, keep hating.
    Teague could get his shot over Hill at any time. We just got smarter as a team defending him and that included putting Paul on him. Jeff Teague may very well be the Hawks best player and they came pretty close to beating the Pacers. He or Milsap is their Paul George, at another level compared to Hill who was the least important starter last year.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 08-26-2014 at 08:08 PM.

We are going to see a lot of that (small ball) out of necessity whether that's CJW or Stuckey playing with Hill. CJM is not going to play 48 minutes a game, particularly since he only played 19mpg on a bad team last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Teague could get his shot over Hill at any time. We just got smarter as a team defending him and that included putting Paul on him. Jeff Teague may very well be the Hawks best player and they came pretty close to beating the Pacers. He or Milsap is their Paul George, at another level compared to Hill who was the least important starter last year.
    It's pretty much impossible to guard any of the modern Point Guards. Unless you're someone like Avery Bradley who's only focus is to defense, you are going to have a tough time with anyone. That's why the game is shifting to more offensive oriented point guards compared to ones like Rubio or Rondo.

Sports Logo

We are going to see a lot of that (small ball) out of necessity whether that's CJW or Stuckey playing with Hill. CJM is not going to play 48 minutes a game, particularly since he only played 19mpg on a bad team last year.
    I think that Miles is going to average about 24 mpg....maybe even more. Outside of Solo....this Team is short on Wing Players that can play actual defense while needing one that has a decent shot at making a 3pt shot.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Hill will be aggressive this season and will probably lead us in scoring, raising his trade value.
    Here we come lottery?

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think you and pacer fan are taking his comments much too literal
    Don't drag me into that shiot. I didn't say any of that and I don't agree with what he said. If you think that I am taking his comment of the word "hell" to literal then the same can be said to you on my previous comment, you took my comment to literal.

So which is it? You living in homerville or what?

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Teague could get his shot over Hill at any time.
    Getting his shot over GHill, and hitting the shot, are two seperate things. Teague shot 39% in the series.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post: