Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Myth Buster: Is Roy Hibbert A Bad Rebounder?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Myth Buster: Is Roy Hibbert A Bad Rebounder?

I remember getting heckled last year and the year before fore stating my opinion on how much Roy ducked and his rim protection was a facade. it's funny to see those same ones a year later realizing what I said years ago..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

His rim protection is a facade? All of the stats are fake? What is the agenda of countless national writers pushing this facade? Is Roy's agent buying off these people? This is the biggest conspiracy in the NBA. Forget the frozen envelope and Kings-Lakers game 6. Roy is not a good rim protector. Amazing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Guardshock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

know our rebounding scheme, Roy blocks out, West Blocks out, our SF and SG swoop in for the rebound.
    Does this include certain wings who were always accused of "stealing" rebounds from David and Roy?

Who knew, after all the blaming, that this is how it was supposed to work all along?

Last edited by Tom White; 03-07-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...rt/avgRebounds

Why are we doing this whole "Roy Hibbert is a bad rebounder, lets ship him off to Siberia" thing again? As a team we are fifth in rebounding. If you really want to worry about the Pacers, are there not other areas that should merit more concern?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Does this include certain wings who were always accused of "stealing" rebounds from David and Roy?

Who knew, after all the blaming, that this is how it was supposed to work all along?

And this is exactly why I never said that "Lance stealing rebounds" was an accusation of Lance's character. It was part of our scheme. Lance just took it a bit further at times.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are the Roy apologists ready to own up and admit that hibbert is an average player that is way overpaid. I mean the guy is getting owned by the zaza pachulia's and tyler zellers of the nba these days.

or is it gonna be more of the same ole broken record BS about his mythological "rim protection" that at this point is simply way over exaggerated.

Roy hasnt had elite rim protection in almost two full seasons. good.... but no where near considered elite. thats simply a crock of horse to buy into these days.

hell i doubt even Nuntius can formulate any kind of exaggerated theory to defend roys D league level of play recently.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    or is it gonna be more of the same ole broken record BS about his mythological "rim protection" that at this point is simply way over exaggerated..
    http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Go ahead and complain about other aspects of his game, but before you talk 'mythological rim protection' - you might want to be aware of some stats.

For the click-impaired, he ranks #3 in the league.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

April 2, 2015

Dear PacersPride:

This cease and desist order is to inform you that your harassing and irritating posts have become unbearable to a large number of Pacers Digest contributors. Such anti-social and unproductive behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. This letter is to demand that you cease and desist immediately from such activities as bumping old threads to rehash the same tired sentiments about Roy Hibbert and spamming threads, regardless of topic, with these same aforementioned sentiments.

You have been heard. We understand your opinion and either agree with it or disagree with it. We acknowledge your right to hold such views, but the law also acknowledges our right to protection from the relentless and insufferable expression of these views. Something about cruel and unusual punishment. Should you continue to pursue these activities in violation of this cease and desist order, we will not hesitate to pursue further action against you, including, but not limited to, putting you on ignore and complaining to the moderators. Note that a copy of this post and a record of its delivery will be stored on able's servers. Note too that it is admissible as evidence in a court of public opinion and will be used as such if need be in the future.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
    Last edited by LG33; 04-02-2015 at 10:42 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Go ahead and complain about other aspects of his game, but before you talk 'mythological rim protection' - you might want to be aware of some stats.

For the click-impaired, he ranks #3 in the league.
    for the reality-impaired his numbers dont stack up vs elite centers like deandre jordan, gasol, and others. im not impressed because hibberts numbers get skewed by playing philly, ny, and the other suck teams from the east 3-4 times a season and only western conference teams twice.

for the reading - impaired... no one said roy sucks at rim protection... in fact i clearly can be quoted as stating he is good.. not great. its all the other aspects of roys game that i said are suck to average.

the link you provided has Andrew Bogut as the top rim protector in the nba??? pretty much nullifies any credibility that link has to offer dont ya think.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    the link you provided has Andrew Bogut as the top rim protector in the nba??? pretty much nullifies any credibility that link has to offer dont ya think.
    Well, find one that suits your opinion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    April 2, 2015

Dear PacersPride:

This cease and desist order is to inform you that your harassing and irritating posts have become unbearable to a large number of Pacers Digest contributors. Such anti-social and unproductive behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. This letter is to demand that you cease and desist immediately from such activities as bumping old threads to rehash the same tired sentiments about Roy Hibbert and spamming threads, regardless of topic, with these same aforementioned sentiments.

You have been heard. We understand your opinion and either agree with it or disagree with it. We acknowledge your right to hold such views, but the law also acknowledges our right to protection from the relentless and insufferable expression of these views. Something about cruel and unusual punishment. Should you continue to pursue these activities in violation of this cease and desist order, we will not hesitate to pursue further action against you, including, but not limited to, putting you on ignore and complaining to the moderators. Note that a copy of this post and a record of its delivery will be stored on able's servers. Note too that it is admissible as evidence in a court of public opinion and will be used as such if need be in the future.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Tough . maybe if i didnt get blasted and treated in a rude manner to begin with i wouldnt be such a **** about it at this point.

i got chastised by several on here and am overdue for an apology. its clear i wassnt too far from the truth when i had a herd of roy fanatics bombarding me with all kinds of delusional garbage and lame jokes about how roy is worthy of his contract and not a detriment to the pacers overall chances to win a Title at his current salary.

tried to have a reasonable conversation about roys true value and it got dismissed with mockery and ridicule. so again tough casue i aint bout to roll over now after the way i was disrespected by several here.

roy coulda came out and proven the critics wrong and helped guide this team to a playoff position.. and i woulda owned up to it like i said i would.

at this point roy is as good as he is ever gonna get. theres not a chance in hell roy ever sees a near max contract again, at least not with the blue and gold. and roy fanatics can quote me on it.

i have been a long time supporter of roy ... but first and foremost is the Franchise and thats how it will always be with me. i got my limits and roy at near max for the production he gives is a crime in my book.

if roy expects anywhere near that market value again... good riddance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Well, find one that suits your opinion.
    the pacers record with roy as the highest paid active player says all i need to know. along with roys stat line in must win games. average numbers across the board.. and abuse received by the elite centers and playmakers of this league.

am i imagining this or has roy of recent been straight abused by zaza and tyler zeller. but yet im to believe roy is elite at protecting the rim?? the guy has inconsistency issues in every facet of the game.

yet that doesnt transer for to his defense and rim protection??? how can that even be. im fascinated by what the roy crowd sees beyond his above average rim protection at his current salary.

speculating vogel is not seeing it much either these days based on roys minutes per game.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

have faith, i can close much faster than you can post
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post Game thread/Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    You obviously didn't listen to the broadcast, because Slick didn't say anything that you're saying. He was begging the team to dump it into Roy, and then by the 3rd qtr he acknowledged that Roy was struggling in the post, but that was pretty much it. He was also the first one to get excited about Roy's rebounding in the 3rd qtr.

Mark Boyle was more frustrated with Roy than Slick was. And was much more vocal regarding it. Constantly bringing this up during every win or loss is not necessary though. We know how you feel, but there are other players on the court aside from Roy.
    when did i claim to have listened to the broadcast. did i state that at all anywhere in my post? i simply referenced a claim made by someone who did indeed listen to the broadcast. as far as verifying it i have no way to do so. maybe others can clarify Bobby Slicks thoughts on Roy Hibberts post game.

with that said, albeit i did not listen to the broadcast i did watch... and it was clear that roy could not get a shot off vs miamis undersized backup bigs with Whiteside out of the game. would make no sense to continue to feed roy when the ultimate result is turnover or missed fg attempts.

hence the reason spolestra never even considered a need to double roy.

With the **** i took right from the get go for originally making a mild comment on roys suck *** basketball ability... not a chance im just gonna let this go like the last time i got **** on only to be proven right in the long run.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...the-Year-Award

once roy pulls his head outta his ***crack and starts earning that check i will be right here for yall to tell me otherwise.

Eh, Roy Hibbert is really, really bad these days. I don't really see the counter-argument. An optimist might call him subpar.

But I also don't see the point in this debate anymore. This has been the status quo for a while. Pacers are stuck with his contract for at least one more year. May as well figure out what he can still contribute, and maximize those skills.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Eh, Roy Hibbert is really, really bad these days. I don't really see the counter-argument. An optimist might call him subpar.
    If you are expecting him to score 20ppg yeah he has been playing bad, but if you are expecting a defensive anchor who can occasionally provide some offense he has been playing fine.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    If you are expecting him to score 20ppg yeah he has been playing bad, but if you are expecting a defensive anchor who can occasionally provide some offense he has been playing fine.
    All people want is 10/10 per game out of him and he can't even do that. "Defensive anchor" is useless when he catches 2 fouls and have to sit down or plays 20 minutes a game.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    All people want is 10/10 per game out of him and he can't even do that. "Defensive anchor" is useless when he catches 2 fouls and have to sit down or plays 20 minutes a game.
    which is an entirely separate issue. im with Dr. Hibbert on this one... we are stuck with him and time to accept it. but the way the roy brigade jumped my *** for stating my position with supporting detail was complete homerism at its finest. i get it.. im a homer.. but were talking about a guy that is average and is eating up 15 million dollars of valuable cap space.

you dont just sweep that away like its irrelevant for a small market franchise that is in the conversation as a title contender.

its a given at this point on one end of the court roy is a complete disaster. cant score vs backup bigs, and cant offensive rebound vs teams that actually have a center on the roster. one end of the court is futile for roy.

at best he is an equalizer with his defense cancelling out how bad he is offensively. however, does that really apply any longer... i mean for crying out loud... tyler zeller and zaza pachulia are punking roy in the paint.

i sincerelly belive roy is living on some facade of rim protection that has not been present since the ECF two seasons ago. look i get roy has solid rim protection but it is nowhere near elite any longer.

ive made this point once or twice... for a player that is so inconsistent in both scoring and rebounding and performance overall.. im to buy this notion that roy brings it defensively nite in nite out yet all other facets of his game are dr. jeckyl mr hyde if you will.

no way can that be true. and its evident cause roy has been outplayed by mediocre centers,, and gets dominated by elite like DeAndre and Al Jefferson and yet were paying this guy near max type money????

how in the hell can anyone still defend roy at this point. season 3 of a 4 year deal and not only has he not improved.. he has actually regressed?

i sincerely would like to konw what others see in him that i got my pov ridiculed and chided and point blank dismissed as if it was absurd to even suggest such a notion....

Roys an anchor alright... the kind of anchor that sinks the ship of a franchise that is contending for a title when you pay him a whopping 15 million of valuable cap space.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Vogel has him playing <20mpg now. Come on. Obviously I like the guy (see avatar) but I'm not keeping my head buried in the sand when it comes to the truth.
    Amen. Thank you. I mean do you love the Franchise or do you love the player. You can love both but never place one above the other.