Page 220 of 220 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220
Results 5,476 to 5,493 of 5493

Thread: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Sports Logo

Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good... Not great... Last year Lance played well... He did not play great...
    LOL.....this reminds me of this clip from 30 Rock:

I'm not sure if you are disagreeing with BnG or simply correcting his grammar
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-02-2015 at 05:11 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Let me answer by saying I have a very strong distaste for the Internet grammar police... Specifically those being dicks about it... If I wanted my posts to be grammatically correct, I would run them past my high school English teacher...

I have a profound disagreement with the premise that Lance is a bad *** basketball player based on one season... Where in that season he was it appears, the main cause in an epic collapse...
    2013-2014 Pacer fan's asperations...

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Isn't it kind of worse for Lance if he's working hard and not finding results? I mean this isn't like a 10 game slump. If Roy Hibbert did this for 50 games, people would have him in a straight jacket by like game 30.

If he is working hard and still can't find results.....I mean usually I would just call a player like that......bad.

The thing that is funny is that I expected Lance to be a terrible fit in Charlotte, but I didn't expect him to be this terrible on an individual level.
    Lance's Clifford is basically Hibbert's JOb. If JOb still coached the Pacers, Hibbert would be in a psych ward or out of the NBA.

As for Lance's horrific individual performance this year, it's just a sign that something is indeed terribly wrong. A player doesn't go from playing as well as he did last year to this without something more than just "oh well, dude just sucks now". I cannot believe the short memories around here.

Here's a little reminder: http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/1/2...-some-opposing
    Source: Indy Cornrows
    Author: Tom Lewis
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 03-02-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Lance's Clifford is basically Hibbert's JOb. If JOb still coached the Pacers, Hibbert would be in a psych ward or out of the NBA.

As for Lance's horrific individual performance this year, it's just a sign that something is indeed terribly wrong. A player doesn't go from playing as well as he did last year to this without something more than just "oh well, dude just sucks now". I cannot believe the short memories around here.
    Or it is possible that his level of play last year was as much of an outlier as his level of play this year.

The pro-Lance extreme end has been that any problem Lance had last year was blamed on his teammates and coach and it was insinuated that he would have been a superstar if he hadn't been held back by them. When he left, he was clearly going to show the world that he was better than anyone thought he was (and that the only reason the Pacers didn't break the bank for him was because Bird was stomped on).

That didn't happen, and it is once again being blamed on his coach and teammates.

I think only the lunatic fringe anti-Lance faction is denying his contributions last year - the biggest portion of the non-pro-Lance crowd just balances the bad with the good and reasons that this is showing Lance isn't a pure talent who can overcome all circumstances and, in fact, it may be that just as Clifford seems like a bad fit that is dragging Lance down the situation with Frank and Bird may have been the best possible situation for Lance.

It remains to be seen what will happen if/when he gets a third situation. My money is on something in the middle, but that he is not ever going to be a max money or even a double-the-MLE guy.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Here's a little reminder: http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/1/2...-some-opposing
    Source: Indy Cornrows
    Author: Tom Lewis
    Nobody has forgotten that Lance had one very solid season. We all know he average 13 points 7 rebounds and 4 assists last year.

But if you're blaming Clifford, you haven't been watching the games. He is still trying to let Lance play late, he is still trying to run the offense through Lance and has publicaly had his back shielding him from blame. That excuse, like the Kemba excuse is gone.

And I wouldn't mention a 2 time all star and All NBA player and make comparisons to Clifford and O'Brien. At no point of Hibbert's career has he shot the ball as bad as Lance. Not even from the free throw line, where Lance is 60%. Lance is shooting 60% from the free throw line and looks afraid to drive and get to the line.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Or it is possible that his level of play last year was as much of an outlier as his level of play this year.

The pro-Lance extreme end has been that any problem Lance had last year was blamed on his teammates and coach and it was insinuated that he would have been a superstar if he hadn't been held back by them. When he left, he was clearly going to show the world that he was better than anyone thought he was (and that the only reason the Pacers didn't break the bank for him was because Bird was stomped on).

That didn't happen, and it is once again being blamed on his coach and teammates.

I think only the lunatic fringe anti-Lance faction is denying his contributions last year - the biggest portion of the non-pro-Lance crowd just balances the bad with the good and reasons that this is showing Lance isn't a pure talent who can overcome all circumstances and, in fact, it may be that just as Clifford seems like a bad fit that is dragging Lance down the situation with Frank and Bird may have been the best possible situation for Lance.

It remains to be seen what will happen if/when he gets a third situation. My money is on something in the middle, but that he is not ever going to be a max money or even a double-the-MLE guy.
    If you're money is in the middle, he's probably going to be a solid backup somewhere. I actually think he's more likely to be boom or bust...where the boom isn't a max level player or anything close to it. It is a player somewhere between Paul George and George Hill. I consider that level to be all-star caliber which, considering the sum of posts in this thread, is all I have been saying.

BTW, an important part of his allure was his potential. Hill has reached his ceiling. Lance and Paul George have only shown glimpses so far.

The fact it's been a train wreck for Lance this year doesn't really impact my view point of him much....because I've already seen what he can do. It's simply not possible that he forgot how to play the game to that extent. There has to be something more to it because no player goes from being a key player on a contender with the best record in the entire league, to a bad team where he gets benched and shoots 15% from 3. That's why I'm not concerned about him. If he was playing a little better, I would actually be more concerned. He's so bad that something beyond his game is going on. If that's true, his game can resurrect itself elsewhere.

Question to the participants in this thread.

2 All star appearances for Lance Stephenson in his career...

Over/Under?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

Over/Under?
    The problem is all stars usually come from winning teams, and Lance on a winning team posts decent numbers but not necessarily All Star level. It's really hard to see a playoff team gambling on Lance at this point.

I'm going to say no All Star appearances for Lance but he finds his way to a bad team and gets his numbers back up.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

If you're money is in the middle, he's probably going to be a solid backup somewhere. I actually think he's more likely to be boom or bust...where the boom isn't a max level player or anything close to it. It is a player somewhere between Paul George and George Hill. I consider that level to be all-star caliber which, considering the sum of posts in this thread, is all I have been saying.

BTW, an important part of his allure was his potential. Hill has reached his ceiling. Lance and Paul George have only shown glimpses so far.

The fact it's been a train wreck for Lance this year doesn't really impact my view point of him much....because I've already seen what he can do. It's simply not possible that he forgot how to play the game to that extent. There has to be something more to it because no player goes from being a key player on a contender with the best record in the entire league, to a bad team where he gets benched and shoots 15% from 3. That's why I'm not concerned about him. If he was playing a little better, I would actually be more concerned. He's so bad that something beyond his game is going on. If that's true, his game can resurrect itself elsewhere.
    Paul George's glimpse includes a couple third team All-NBA teams, a second team NBA All-Defensive, a first team NBA All-Defensive, two All-Star selections, an NBA's Most Improved award, and a second team All-Rookie.

Lance's glimpse has brought in one arguable All-Star snub.

Also, I don't buy that Hill has reached his potential because he is a better player this year than he was the past two years. He's not going to get any more athletic, but he has a few years before he begins to lose what he has and even then he has a few more years of being a productive veteran.
    My prediction: Solomon Hill is going to lead the team in Surprisingly Good Plays for the year. -10/29/2014

Next stop June 2015

Over/Under?
    He's not going to be a marquee player in the mold of Paul George. Granger only made one all-star game and was the franchise player for years. I'm not even expecting Lance to be the franchise player anywhere. He doesn't fit a particular position perfectly. This might be why people don't think much of him. The reason why he's good is because he can do many things well, including clean glass, dish, pick up the garbage, drive and power into the lane, etc. He's not LeBron James nor is he even Reggie Miller. He is Born Ready and he's coming home...

He's not going to be a marquee player in the mold of Paul George. Granger only made one all-star game and was the franchise player for years. I'm not even expecting Lance to be the franchise player anywhere. He doesn't fit a particular position perfectly. This might be why people don't think much of him. The reason why he's good is because he can do many things well, including clean glass, dish, pick up the garbage, drive and power into the lane, etc. He's not LeBron James nor is he even Reggie Miller. He is Born Ready and he's coming home...
    Sooo 1 appearance? No appearances? I'm genuinely curious

Next stop June 2015

Sooo 1 appearance? No appearances? I'm genuinely curious
    He has the talent to be an all-star if things fall right for him. But like Jalen Rose, Monta Ellis, Josh Smith and many other very good players, I would predict 0 simply because I think there are too many superstars like DWade, LeBron and Kobe types that will prevent him from being in the all-star game.

Edit: BTW, Danny Granger snuck into his one appearance so you know the bar is really high.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He has the talent to be an all-star if things fall right for him. But like Jalen Rose, Monta Ellis, Josh Smith and many other very good players, I would predict 0 simply because I think there are too many superstars like DWade, LeBron and Kobe types that will prevent him from being in the all-star game.

Edit: BTW, Danny Granger snuck into his one appearance so you know the bar is really high.

You just couldn't waste an opportunity to rag on a former/current Pacer in order to prop Lance up, could you? At least your ASG prediction for Lance was realistic.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    [/B]

You just couldn't waste an opportunity to rag on a former/current Pacer in order to prop Lance up, could you? At least your ASG prediction for Lance was realistic.
    I wasn't ragging on Danny. I even made the point that that just shows how high the bar is.

It is what it is. He made an all-star game by launching enough 3's in JOb's offense. He's a great shooter who happened to have just the right circumstances to make an all-star game. That's not ripping on him. That's stating what is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    The problem is all stars usually come from winning teams, and Lance on a winning team posts decent numbers but not necessarily All Star level. It's really hard to see a playoff team gambling on Lance at this point.

I'm going to say no All Star appearances for Lance but he finds his way to a bad team and gets his numbers back up.
    ..... Isn't he on a bad team tho? From the games I've watched he's gotten plenty of opportunity but he doesn't have guys to mask his weaknesses imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    ..... Isn't he on a bad team tho? From the games I've watched he's gotten plenty of opportunity but he doesn't have guys to mask his weaknesses imo.
    For sure, I guess I meant he'll find his way to a worse team and get his numbers up. I don't think any potential playoff team would take the gamble. He extremely friendly contract has proven to be almost unmovable.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny Granger in his prime will always be a better player than Lance Stephenson.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Danny Granger in his prime will always be a better player than Lance Stephenson.
    I think this is completely obvious. Yet, there are people who will argue it. Its nuts. Fan perception is really something.

In the eyes of many, the "young guy who still has potential" can absolutely do no wrong.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports