Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Four straight wins. No Lance

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always darkest before the dawn. However, it also gets really dark right before you die...

One thing is likely with Lance IMO. One of those two things will happen. His situation will improve a lot...or it will get really, really bad.
    I always thought the "N" in BlueNGold stood for 'and' but tonight I've learned it's actually "Nostradamus"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I think this is great. Makes the Horcats more likely to trade Lance at a loss.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I think this is great. Makes the Horcats more likely to trade Lance at a loss.
    Lance + a 1st/Zeller/Vonleh and Lance is immediately waived. I'd absolutely PayPal able some cash just for the hilarity.

Is it too much to consider that a player can still be good, but if he's removed from a team, the team will play better? This isn't rocket science. Some players, especially non-allstars have to be in the right fit to be effective. I was on record months ago saying Charlotte was an awful fit for Lance.

Lance needs to be on a team that needs ball handling and has shooters. In that situation he'll be effective. ****, in Golden State I bet he'd do well! Of course he was going to fail in Charlotte!

In reality, the Pacers were able to make him look good in another bad fit. He was an awful fit in Indiana as well. Yet on paper it at least appeared good. Glad he's gone, but I don't like to see people pile on him. He's a talented guy. Put him in the right situation and he'll thrive.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

You take what makes a team win and you add the parts.

A little ball handling. At least one serious scorer. Shooters. And defense however you make that happen.

Lance is the ball handling category. It's that ****ing simple. Add him to a team that lacks ball handling he'll do well. Indiana had ball handling they just didn't realize it. (PG/Hill). They needed shooting.

Charlotte was in the same boat. They had ball handling. They needed shooters. They got another ball handler. It was a disaster. Shocker.

Edit- I'm not saying it is easy to put that together, I'm just saying it is easy to understand that's what it takes to win. Because if you take every championship team over the last 5 years every single one of them had all of those components. They had their scorer. They had their designated shooters. They had one other guy to dominate the ball when their superstar wasn't, and they played defense. You know what you need. Why pursue someone who doesn't bring you closer to what you need?
    Last edited by mattie; 12-24-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    You take what makes a team win and you add the parts.

A little ball handling. At least one serious scorer. Shooters. And defense however you make that happen.

Lance is the ball handling category. It's that ****ing simple. Add him to a team that lacks ball handling he'll do well. Indiana had ball handling they just didn't realize it. (PG/Hill). They needed shooting.

Charlotte was in the same boat. They had ball handling. They needed shooters. They got another ball handler. It was a disaster. Shocker.

Edit- I'm not saying it is easy to put that together, I'm just saying it is easy to understand that's what it takes to win. Because if you take every championship team over the last 5 years every single one of them had all of those components. They had their scorer. They had their designated shooters. They had one other guy to dominate the ball when their superstar wasn't, and they played defense. You know what you need. Why pursue someone who doesn't bring you closer to what you need?
    ball handling or ball dominating? Big difference.

You can really see why Larry loved Lance with certain stretches of play, but it is also no wonder he has yet to find a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Lance + a 1st/Zeller/Vonleh and Lance is immediately waived. I'd absolutely PayPal able some cash just for the hilarity.
    Brian Shaw in Denver seems interested in Lance. Your idea sounds good, but I'd rather have Vonleh than Zeller. Vonleh from the little I saw of him recently has potential to be a stretch 4. You can flip Lance to the Nuggets for Randy Foye, Afflalo, or Wilson Chandler.

Next stop June 2015

Hey Grimp. This is Lance's thread.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I always thought the "N" in BlueNGold stood for 'and' but tonight I've learned it's actually "Nostradamus"
    No. It actually stands for "Not impressed by players without enough talent to get it done". "It" being an NBA title.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Four straight wins. No Lance
    What I get from this is that Kemba Walker and Lance cannot win games together. Were Kemba out instead of Lance, I would think that the result would be the same. If Lance is paired with a good player, like Paul George, Lance can help win games. If paired with a bad player, like Kemba Walker, Lance struggles to help win games
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    What I get from this is that Kemba Walker and Lance cannot win games together. Were Kemba out instead of Lance, I would think that the result would be the same. If Lance is paired with a good player, like Paul George, Lance can help win games. If paired with a bad player, like Kemba Walker, Lance struggles to help win games
    I don't necessarily think that Kemba is a bad Player....it's just that in this case....it's a matter of pairing 2 Players that are too similar and don't complement each other that would explain why they aren't doing do well.

I'd think that if Kemba ( or Lance ) was paired with some solid off-the-ball shooter/scorer....they'd do better.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-24-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If 17, 4 and 6 is having a bad year, then what kind of year is Lance having?

Kemba isn't a good shooter, so his shooting percentages are sub par, but he's not as terrible of a player some are making him out to be. He's definitely overpaid, but what is supposed to do, decline the large extension offered to him?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

Kemba isn't a good shooter, so his shooting percentages are sub par, but he's not as terrible of a player some are making him out to be. He's definitely overpaid, but what is supposed to do, decline the large extension offered to him?
    Not to mention the guy is still only 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

Any NBA player with the green light to shoot can achieve those numbers. Only getting 6 assists per game is not good for how often Kemba has the ball in his hands.
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Any NBA player with the green light to shoot can achieve those numbers. Only getting 6 assists per game is not good for how often Kemba has the ball in his hands.
    Kemba's usage Percentage is only 4% points higher than Lance, and he only shoots the ball 4times more per game.

Their numbers are too similar to say that.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: