Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192
Results 4,776 to 4,788 of 4788

Thread: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think small ball works in the NBA, so we need to find a point who can guard the bigger SG's around the league. If we do that, I am perfectly fine with it.

Hmmm. You know, we had that last year. Recall that in the playoffs when the Heat were making a strong run, Hill would hand the ball to Lance, right? Lance was basically playing PG and had the length and strength along with many other attributes, to handle that position well.
    Tell Dallas that having 2 small guards doesn't work.

I agree, the ideal situation for GHill is to play SG with a big PG that can defend SG's. Unfortunatley Lance isn't the answer, he has proven to be too disruptive to team chemistry.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    Tell Dallas that having 2 small guards doesn't work.

I agree, the ideal situation for GHill is to play SG with a big PG that can defend SG's. Unfortunatley Lance isn't the answer, he has proven to be too disruptive to team chemistry.
    Rondo and Ellis both play big...and both are physical. That really doesn't count. That's like saying Westbrook is small ball when Paul George can barely keep up with him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Hill is not reliably aggressive. I definitely agree with that. But even his non-aggressive game is solid.

I'm not saying he's the end-all, be-all for PG. But the issue I have with even discussing him is that he's NOT our biggest problem NOR is he preventing this team from contending. Again, you are attempting to treat a small flaw when we are dying from gaping wounds.
    Dear lord I just liked one of your posts lol. An olive branch may very well be growing

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Lance bad shooting game today but 9 assists. With Kemba gone they crushed the Wolves. The "Lance and Kemba not a good combo" theory looking stronger.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

6. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Not sure there is anything new here, but wth. From Ric Bucher.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...n-playoffs-too

• One league source says the three-way deal that was to send Brook Lopez to Oklahoma City and Lance Stephenson to Brooklyn was never that close. "They didn't want [Kendrick] Perkins or Lance," the source said of the Nets. That doesn't mean a deal still couldn't be rekindled with other parts and trade partners. One wrinkle is that the Nets are still in contention for a playoff spot, which has GM Billy King reluctant to simply hold a fire sale. If that changes in coming weeks, it's far more likely King wouldn't hold out for talent and would accept future assets instead.

The other problem, one Western Conference GM said, is when reports make it painfully clear a player is on the market. "When these things become public, it lowers the player's value," he said. "Everyone is like, 'Oh, they want to move him, let's make a (lousy) offer.'"

Thanks to Seth i now have a Lance bobblehead! Lance might not like it, but I think its cool.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Lance looked good last night. Seemed to be getting along with his teammates also. And they won ... against Miami.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Lance looked good last night. Seemed to be getting along with his teammates also. And they won ... against Miami.
    In the first half I caught Al and Lance get pretty animated with each other regarding defensive rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I thought it was a pretty ugly game from both teams from the parts I was able to watch.

Next stop June 2015

The chemistry appears to be improving for the Hornets.

It didn't look good for Lance when they went down by 25 with 7.00 left in the 2nd quarter. But then Lance sat down and three minutes later they were down 40.

Damn, and I thought we were having a rough night tonight. Looks like the Cavs can't miss a shot.

Next stop June 2015

Soooo. Paul George is actually the one who was stealing Roy's rebounds the most?

As the above chart shows, many of the players who may not have been adding as much value with their rebounding are peremetire typers who secure freebie defensive boards and little more, while those who benefited most were the bangers who not only hit the offensive glass, but fought and won battles on the defensive backboards. On the negative side, Stephenson
    does make a prominent appearance, but he wasn’t even the worst offender among Pacers, with Paul George taking that honor. On the other side of the ledger, Roy Hibbert appears to have been the victim of this thievery, perhaps aligning his play more to the needs of the team than his own numbers.

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/01/19/bounding-stealin-examining-value-rebound-types/

Oh, that Paul George guy. Thank goodness he's not around stealing all the boards and feasting on empty stats. We would be so much worse off.