Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can still be blue collar but we should drop the gold swagger because the swagger has taken that part of the equation to Charlotte...
    Yes. I know. All is lost because we didnt re-sign Lance. We lost everything about our team when he left. Even though that moniker was created before Lance even got consistent minutes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird has stated that his plan was to build around Paul and Lance. You can't build around Paul and Lance if Lance plays for another team. It was the front office's responsibility to find a way to keep Lance. For whatever reason they dropped the ball.

The idea that it was okay to lose Lance due to LT concerns just because he was the last core player to sign is ludicrous. You evaluate the roster and decide who has to go to keep the player you want to build around. You decide who to sacrifice based on the makeup of the team going forward, not based on who is last to sign. I actually think the Pacers FO understood that and intended to keep Lance. But they weren't on the same page as Lance's agent and Jordan was able to steal Lance away. That's a major fail for the FO. They played the "we don't have any more money" card a bit too long. They should have given up that tact when Lance had a verbal deal with the Mavs. But they gambled that Lance wouldn't get another offer and lost.
    My friend, the fact of the matter is that Lance chose to leave. The FO did the best they could to sign him and Lance simply chose another offer. That's what happened. No, I will not blame the FO because a player chose to leave. And I won't blame the player for choosing to leave either.

I'll say it again. Lance said himself that this is a business and there are no hard feelings involved. There is no need to blame either party.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014