Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 6240

Thread: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

I bet this entire debate would have never even came about had people not mistaken flashy ball handling as natural physical talent lol
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet this entire debate would have never even came about had people not mistaken flashy ball handling as natural physical talent lol
    I would say that I think Lance's court vision is as good as I've ever seen, in my opinion better than GHill's. His choices of how to use it, on the other hand...
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I would say that I think Lance's court vision is as good as I've ever seen, in my opinion better than GHill's. His choices of how to use it, on the other hand...
    Yeah, Lance has good court vision, but he always doesn't know his limits (which I think you were alluding to here). I can't remember how many times I saw him throw a laser pass at someone's head or got out of control and put himself in a position to commit a turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Oh yeah he definitely has a fantastic court vision. It's never actually turned into good passing tho.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    Once again...saying Hill is better player than Lance is laughable. I'd welcome Lance back on a 1 year contract OFF THE BENCH to prove to us that the bonehead **** is over and that he's willing to grow. Lance reminds me of your hard-headed son that pouts and 'runaway' to the near park, only to realize he had it good and comes back within a couple hours. Daddy and Mommy Pacer says nothing, pats him on his head and everything goes back to normal..

well that's what I hope happens. lol
    So the fact that Hill has had a better career for every season except one when compared to Lance, makes it laughable to think that Hill is better?

Hell Hill's best season is better than Lance's.

Maybe I'm confused
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 04-24-2015 at 07:53 PM.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    So the fact that Hill has had a better career for every season except one when compared to Lance, makes it laughable to think that Hill is better?

Maybe I'm confuzed
    Hill has definitely played better most of his career. I would say that Hill's best year was on par with Lance's only good year. (I don't consider this Hill's best year...not a half season playing for a sub .500 team where the competition didn't respect the Pacers).

But Lance is about potential, not what he's accomplished at this point. The boy is 24 and if you recall it looked like Lance was headed out of the league several years ago. Remember that? It was a dramatic turnaround...about as dramatic as the fall in Charlotte.
    Kravitz: why is Roys numbers down this year?

Bird: Well its not Lance stealing his rebounds this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Hill has definitely played better most of his career. I would say that Hill's best year was on par with Lance's only good year. (I don't consider this Hill's best year...not a half season playing for a sub .500 team where the competition didn't respect the Pacers).

But Lance is about potential, not what he's accomplished at this point. The boy is 24 and if you recall it looked like Lance was headed out of the league several years ago. Remember that? It was a dramatic turnaround...about as dramatic as the fall in Charlotte.
    Problem is that Lance dipped significantly in Charlotte. Typically, prospects improve incrementally each and every year, until they peak. You would like to see that player keep similar production once peaking. In Lance's situation, he got better each season, peaking last year. Instead of improving further, or maintaining his current production, his production fell off a cliff this year, which is concerning
    David "And One" West

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Lance is clearly a momentum, feel, in-the-moment kind of player. When he lost that in Charlotte, he imploded.

Discipline, hard work, and practice allow you to survive during those dry spells with no momentum. In my opinion, Lance didn't do the hard work over the summer and was not mentally tough enough during the season to get something going.

Not that he can't get it back. But the severe drop off is partly, if not largely, on him.

"I like our group of people," Ainge told USA Today. "I'm trying to teach them about basketball, and they're trying to teach me about analytics."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

Oh stop that already. Its such horseshit. We weren't Knicks level bad.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

Maybe I'm confused
    Lol... Say it's summer 2014. Lance and Hill are free agents. We only have enough to sign 1. You're gonna sit here and say You'd sign George "backseat passenger " Hill over Lance?

This can't be life.

Lol... Say it's summer 2014. Lance and Hill are free agents. We only have enough to sign 1. You're gonna sit here and say You'd sign George "backseat passenger " Hill over Lance?

This can't be life.
    Wait, why are we going back in time here? If they were both free agents in summer 2016 I would take Hill all day over Lance. I'm a hater and all, but Hill is just better.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

This can't be life.
    I'll take George "Backseat Passenger" Hill over Lance "I'm Mad I'm Not an All-Star, and Going Out To Prove I Am, and I'll Also Blatantly Ignore Larry Bird, Too" Stephenson, yes.

It's real, troll.

This can't be life.
    I think you'd have to be tripping on acid to sign Lance Stephenson over George Hill if you could go back to the summer of 2014 and sign one of them, especially since we know how each of their seasons ended up.

This can't be life.
    Well I dont have time machine, so no...it can't be life. Lol

That aside, why would you go back in time anyway? An entire season has happened since summer of 2014. That just doesn't make much sense. But I'm sensing a trend here.

Mood

This can't be life.
    I think the Pacers FO policies can answer this.

In 2012 we offered George Hill a 5 year, $40 million contract. The salary cap was set at $58,044,000, meaning we offered George Hill 13.8% of the initial year's salary cap before it was known how big the cap was going to balloon to in 2016.

In 2014 we offered Lance Stephenson a 5 year, $44 million dollar contract. The salary cap was set at $63,065,000, meaning we offered Lance 14% of the initial year's salary cap when it was known that the cap was going to be over $90,000,000 for more than half of his contract.

What does this mean? Over the course of their respective offered contracts, George Hill was offered 11.7% of the team's salary cap. Lance Stephenson was offered (conservatively under-estimating) 10.4% of the team's salary cap.

Which player did the Pacers value more as a building block of the team, again?
    My prediction: Solomon Hill is going to lead the team in Surprisingly Good Plays for the year. -10/29/2014