Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 2061

Thread: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

  1. #26
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,764

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like my friends but will still call them out on their ********.
    Do you call your friends names like "side show" and compare them to complete morons like JR Smith?

  2. #27
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,182

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you call your friends names like "side show" and compare them to complete morons like JR Smith?
    All the time.

  3. #28
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the time.
    I'd have a blast being buddies with guys like JR Smith. ****, I have buddies that're guys like JR Smith, minus a few mil.

  4. #29
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,182

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have a blast being buddies with guys like JR Smith. ****, I have buddies that're guys like JR Smith, minus a few mil.
    They are the wildcards of the group. Every group of guy friends needs one or two of the crazies to keep everyone else on their toes. Or maybe me and my friends are just dicks to each other.

  5. #30
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,942

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Idk why you guys try to have sensible conversations about Lance. Within the current PD, if you don't absolutely love Lance, you probably hate and underrate him and his superstar talent. Never mind if your argument makes sense or not.

    Its the same thing in every Lance thread

  6. #31
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you like Lance? A guy who you compare to J.R. Smith? A guy you call a "side show"? A guy you compare to Nick Young celebrating a missed shot? You like this "side show", huh?
    Yeah he can be entertaining. Just like JR Smith and Nick Young can be entertaining. Just like JR Smith and Nick Young can have big games.

    You may not like it, but Lance blowing in Lebron's ear was a side show. It wasn't standing up to Lebron or anything else. It was a goofy guy doing something goofy. And the cold hard fact is that the ear incident is probably the most famous current moment in Lance's NBA career right now.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  8. #32
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question isn't Smith's talent. It's his character. He's saying that Lance, a guy he supposedly likes, is JR Smith in the sense that Smith drops to his knees after making a meaningless three pointer.

    He supposedly likes him even though he describes Lance as a side show...a guy who would celebrate a missed shot. IDK. I cannot understand why his "supporters" like him like that.
    Lance blew air into the best player in the world's ear in an elimination game in the Eastern Conference Finals, what would you like me to call it?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #33
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said "Lance is a side show right now". That's not the same thing as saying Lance's antics, which are not that frequent, are a side show. I would not consider the guy who led the team in boards, assists and FG% to be a side show.
    In the Miami series alone, he comments on Wade's knee before the series ever started, said he was in Lebron's head, flopped more than anyone else in the series, snuck into a Miami huddle (admittedly by far the funniest thing he did), and blew in Lebron's ear, but yet his antics aren't that frequent? Look like I said I like the guy, he's fun to watch, but if you can't admit that he's got a serious streak when it comes to the antics then you're just in denial.

    Even Larry got tired of it after the ear thing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #34
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are the wildcards of the group. Every group of guy friends needs one or two of the crazies to keep everyone else on their toes. Or maybe me and my friends are just dicks to each other.
    don't you kinda have to be a dick to your posse? it's how you show love y'know, I'm not going over to my buddy's place and telling him I'm proud of the way he drives the UPS truck, I'm telling him he looks like a dumbass in the brown socks and shorts.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,182

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't you kinda have to be a dick to your posse? it's how you show love y'know, I'm not going over to my buddy's place and telling him I'm proud of the way he drives the UPS truck, I'm telling him he looks like a dumbass in the brown socks and shorts.
    I have to admit, I laughed really, really hard at this

    Hit the nail on the head though.

  13. #36
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,273

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are the wildcards of the group. Every group of guy friends needs one or two of the crazies to keep everyone else on their toes. Or maybe me and my friends are just dicks to each other.
    You know what you get when you have wildcards in your group?



    You get a guy that cuts the brakes in the car while you're driving it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  15. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what you get when you have wildcards in your group?



    You get a guy that cuts the brakes in the car while you're driving it.
    Sorry man, CDASH and I were just having some fun.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  17. #38
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,173

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Looks like Frank is keeping it classy.


    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  19. #39
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    I am a huge Lance fan.
    With that being said, I like to think of him a lot like gasoline.
    In the right environment it can do amazing things.
    In the wrong environment it will destroy everything in its path.
    I hope Cha. installed a good smoke alarm and a sprinkler system.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  21. #40
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KStat lives in Charlotte so him seeing a Lance Stephenson jersey is pretty freaking unsurprising. Some you are so silly.

    For a guy who apparently has more notoriety than a player who is one of the top 8-10 most recognizable guys in the league the Hornets sure are lacking on the national TV front this year. They have less than the Pacers without Paul George.

    Paul George has Nike, Gatorade, Papa John's, he was going to be a starter on USA Basketball.

    Lance wears And 1 shoes and is most famous for blowing in a guy's ear. Lance is a side show right now, maybe one day he'll be more, but right now he's a talented side show. He's JR Smith dropping to his knees after making a three in a meaningless regular season game, he's Nick Young turning around and celebrating a 3 as it rims out. Certainly Lance can be more, but he isn't yet. Just because a guy who lives in Charlotte saw Lance Stephenson jersey hanging up at a store doesn't mean a damn thing.

    I get that there are some people on here that really, really, really like Lance (unfortunately I only like him which I guess makes me a hater or maybe I just have commitment issues), but let's at least be logical here.
    Wow.

    Ok....

    I posted for the Larry Johnson irony. Also, up the only two current players featured in the store were lance and Al Jefferson.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #41
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow.

    Ok....

    I posted for the Larry Johnson irony. Also, up the only two current players featured in the store were lance and Al Jefferson.
    No I get it. My post wasn't directed at you man.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #42
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,764

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Miami series alone, he comments on Wade's knee before the series ever started, said he was in Lebron's head, flopped more than anyone else in the series, snuck into a Miami huddle (admittedly by far the funniest thing he did), and blew in Lebron's ear, but yet his antics aren't that frequent? Look like I said I like the guy, he's fun to watch, but if you can't admit that he's got a serious streak when it comes to the antics then you're just in denial.

    Even Larry got tired of it after the ear thing.
    He's young and immature. Reggie Miller did some of the same things. But my point is that Lance did a lot more good things on the floor than his antics. In comparison to the real skill the young man has, his antics are still fairly mild. This is not as bad as Ron Artest and people hung with Ron for a long time and to a lot older age.

  24. #43
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,420

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Miami series alone, he comments on Wade's knee before the series ever started, said he was in Lebron's head, flopped more than anyone else in the series, snuck into a Miami huddle (admittedly by far the funniest thing he did), and blew in Lebron's ear, but yet his antics aren't that frequent? Look like I said I like the guy, he's fun to watch, but if you can't admit that he's got a serious streak when it comes to the antics then you're just in denial.

    Even Larry got tired of it after the ear thing.
    Before the playoffs, what other antics was he known for? There's the choke sign to Lebron James and Sir Lancelot (which I liked personally)...other than that, he was relatively quiet for most of the 2013-2014 season.

  25. #44
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,495

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When has Hibbert ever laid anyone on their a$$?
    Al Horford got blocked by Roy a couple of years so hard that it busted his other shoulder.

    He also spiked a block into the long-lost Plumlee Ukrainian brother who played for Milwaukee last season's face. It was rather entertaining.

    I'm pretty sure Melo still has nightmares after Roy blocked his dunk attempts at the rim twice at BLF in under a year.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  27. #45
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,795

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's young and immature. Reggie Miller did some of the same things. But my point is that Lance did a lot more good things on the floor than his antics. In comparison to the real skill the young man has, his antics are still fairly mild. This is not as bad as Ron Artest and people hung with Ron for a long time and to a lot older age.
    People or pacers people?

    Lance Stephenson was simply not as good as Ron Artest. Ron Artest had people debating whether he or JO was our best overall player, in terms of actual results produced. Lance had some of the same musings, but for him it was about exactly how much potential he had and whether or not he would fill it.

    With that said, Lance actually was on the team longer and played in more games than Artest. The difference being that we traded Artest away and Lance chose to move to a team that at best had a small chance at being better than the pacers, on a comparable deal.

    I actually liked his playoff antics, btw. I hated his regular season showboating because it cost us possessions on an almost nightly basis. In the playoffs, Lance cut back and made sure he wasn't jeopardizing the teams play due to him dancing or throwing crazy no-looks.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  28. #46
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,764

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People or pacers people?

    Lance Stephenson was simply not as good as Ron Artest. Ron Artest had people debating whether he or JO was our best overall player, in terms of actual results produced. Lance had some of the same musings, but for him it was about exactly how much potential he had and whether or not he would fill it.

    With that said, Lance actually was on the team longer and played in more games than Artest. The difference being that we traded Artest away and Lance chose to move to a team that at best had a small chance at being better than the pacers, on a comparable deal.

    I actually liked his playoff antics, btw. I hated his regular season showboating because it cost us possessions on an almost nightly basis. In the playoffs, Lance cut back and made sure he wasn't jeopardizing the teams play due to him dancing or throwing crazy no-looks.
    I agree Artest was better, but he was in his prime and Lance may have been the same or better than Ron at the same age.

  29. #47
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,173

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Biggest winners of the offseason.

    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/09...Qm0c21MmciT.99

    LANCE STEPHENSON: “Born Ready” proved he was ready for the free agency game, ignoring the bells-and-whistles presentation the Pacers made him, looking solely at the offer and correctly deciding that the guy who led the NBA in triple-doubles was worth more than $8 million per season. The Hornets agreed and gave him $27.5 million over three years. He will have a much bigger role for fast-rising Charlotte, and when that deal expires in 2017, Stephenson will be just 26 – and probably the best two-way shooting guard in the NBA.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  31. #48
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,764

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Best 2 way SG in the NBA? Could be.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,273

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best 2 way SG in the NBA? Could be.
    I lost track of what it means....but does "2 Way" SG mean that he's a Combo Guard?

    or

    Does "2 Way" SG mean that he's a very capable SG on both the defensive and offensive end of the court?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  34. #50

    Default Re: All things Lance Stephenson thread for the next year or so

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I lost track of what it means....but does "2 Way" SG mean that he's a Combo Guard?

    or

    Does "2 Way" SG mean that he's a very capable SG on both the defensive and offensive end of the court?
    2 way means 2 way player so both a defensive and offensive force. Lance though isn't quick or clever enough to guard most 2s, like we saw in the playoffs against Krover, Beal, and Wade

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •