Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Press Conference With Paul George - 2pm EST

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Press Conference With Paul George - 2pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have more faith in our team minus PG this season if our point guard didn't suck. If we had a Rondo, R. Jackson, or Dragic to man the ship with our without PG we'd have a chance. But George "no heart" Hill? Nah.
    I'm going to get tired of this **** real fast.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    Do you like the taste of crow? Just curious...
    I think people who believe Hill is going to morph into Damian Lillard this season are naive and borderline drunken. Bird has to deal one of our bigs for a decent PG. Hibbert to Milwaukee for Sanders, Mayo, and Knight or to Phoenix for Bledsoe and one of their bigs make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    I'm going to get tired of this **** real fast.
    It's called the "ignore button" It works great.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alabama-Redneck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I think people who believe Hill is going to morph into Damian Lillard this season are naive and borderline drunken.
    Who has said or think this?

Most of the GH supporters simply think that he will be a much better player than he was last season and closer to the 14ppg/5apg guy that he put up 2 seasons ago.

Bird has to deal one of our bigs for a decent PG. Hibbert to Milwaukee for Sanders, Mayo, and Knight or to Phoenix for Bledsoe and one of their bigs make sense.
    LOL that you think that Brandon Knight is a PG. He's as much of a Point Guard as GH is.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-15-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

Most of the GH supporters simply think that he will be a much better player than he was last season and closer to the 14ppg/5apg guy that he put up 2 seasons ago.

LOL that you think that Brandon Knight is a PG. He's as much of a PG as GH is.
    less actually.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    less actually.
    It's okay, he's not GH....so it doesn't matter....anyone other than the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz can run the point better than GH
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-15-2014 at 07:23 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

It's okay, he's not GH....so it doesn't matter....anyone is better than GH as our PG
    Put me in coach.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Put me in coach.
    I don't know.....do you have a heart?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

LOL that you think that Brandon Knight is a PG. He's as much of a Point Guard as GH is.

You can think that? But I think there's a better chance of Hibbert being reborn than Hill next season.

It takes a lot of heart to sit on a Pacers message board and the espn trade machine and jerk off to fake trades all day ok guys?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I would have more faith in our team minus PG this season if our point guard didn't suck. If we had a Rondo, R. Jackson, or Dragic to man the ship with our without PG we'd have a chance. But George "no heart" Hill? Nah.
    Yeah let's being back Evan Turner instead. That should work.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

You can think that? But I think there's a better chance of Hibbert being reborn than Hill next season.
    George Hill averaged 14/4/5 2 seasons ago, what tells you he can't do that again?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You can think that?
    Okay, let's be reasonable and realistic about this.

You originally posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp
    I think people who believe Hill is going to morph into Damian Lillard this season are naive and borderline drunken.
    Show me who on this board thinks that GH is going to morph into Damian Lillard ( or any future near Elite Level PG like Lillard ). My guess is that you won't find one.

But I think there's a better chance of Hibbert being reborn than Hill next season.
    Do you care to edit this part of your post before proceeding any further?

I ( nor many of us here on PD ) do not think that GH is realistically going to produce on the level of Lillard who averaged 20ppg/5.6apg last season.

What you will likely find is that the majority of the GH supporters out there ( or at least ones that do not think that he should be dumped for some streaky Guard that can drop 30 points on any Team in a single game then not show up for the other 81 games ) think that GH could realistically creep back up to his 2012-2013 numbers of 14ppg/5apg.

Last season, GH put up 10ppg/3.5apg playing the 3rd ( but sometimes 2nd ) scoring option on the Team where the offense shifted more to Lance and PG13 as the season progressed. You don't think that as the 1st through 3rd scoring option on this Team ( something that he will have little choice but to embrace ) while having most of the offense initiated and flowing through him that GH is not capable of getting his #s back to where it was 2 seasons ago?

That is what we think that GH can be reborn as.....the Player he was 2 seasons removed.....not as some Near Elite PG that you think that GH Supporters daydream about him becoming.

To be clear, I am not saying that we can't do any better with an upgrade to a legit and real PG ( something that you have been pining for )....that's 2 different things ( having a legit PG that can run the Pacers offense and GH performing at a much better level compared to last season ). I'm saying that we have far more realistic expectations of what GH is capable of doing when given the chance and opportunity ( not this narrative that you keep on pushing that GH is some heartless Player that has little drive to win ).

And one more thing, I think that there is as good of a chance that Hibbert does much better in the 2014-2015 season than he did in the 2013-2014 season. How much better? probably enough to raise his Trade Value.....but let's be realistic about this.....it's not hard to do much better this season than he did last season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-16-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    George Hill averaged 14/4/5 2 seasons ago, what tells you he can't do that again?
    Easy....being unreasonable, unrealistic and setting very low expectations for a Player like GH.

Is it possible with the defense likely focusing more on his weaknesses and him being a #1 to #3 scoring option that his efficiency #s will drop?

Yeah....but I think that it's entirely possible that GH can do that for many of the reasons I mentioned before ( which is what many of us here are arguing for ). All GH has to do is score 5 more points and put up 2 more assists compared to last season and he'd have a career season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-16-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    Yeah let's being back Evan Turner instead. That should work.
    I'd actually like Evan replacing PG. He started for us twice last season and put up good numbers. Right now, we don't know who will start at SF. Most experts say Copeland but who knows? I think the best lineup would be.....

West
    Miles
    Roy
    Hill
    Stuckey

Easy....being unreasonable, unrealistic and setting very low expectations for a Player like GH.
    Not low expectations. The guy screws up too much. If he were giving the same effort he gave vs. Portland every game? Sure. But that George Hill is like finding money on the street. It happens once sometimes twice every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    If we're gonna threaten in the East we need someone capable of taking over. Hill isn't that person. Nor is he a great passer, and we're gonna need all the easy buckets we can get.

Sports Logo

Not low expectations. The guy screws up too much. If he were giving the same effort he gave vs. Portland every game? Sure. But that George Hill is like finding money on the street. It happens once sometimes twice every 2 years.
    GH's role significantly changed between the 2012-2013 season to the 2013-2014 season. I am not surprised that his production changed this much and that his aggressiveness on the offensive end is so up and down. The guy averaged 8.4 FGA last season.

Don't mistake not being as aggressive on the offensive end and running a boring offense for "screwing up".

The guy may run a fairly vanilla tasting offense, but he averaged a very respectable 1.7 turnovers per game last season. Do you want to know who turned it over more? PG13 and Lance to the tune of 2.6 and 2.8 turnovers per game.

So please tell me again how much he screws up.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

GH's role significantly changed between the 2012-2013 season to the 2013-2014 season. I am not surprised that his production changed this much and that his aggressiveness on the offensive end is so up and down. The guy averaged 8.4 FGA last season.

Don't mistake not being as aggressive on the offensive end and running a boring offense for "screwing up".

The guy may run a fairly vanilla tasting offense, but he averaged a very respectable 1.7 turnovers per game last season. Do you want to know who turned it over more? PG13 and Lance to the tune of 2.6 and 2.8 turnovers per game.

So please tell me again how much he screws up.

Lance is too flashy for his own good. And Paul is a forward, not supposed to be a great ball handler. Either way, I still think Roy and Hill played a significant role in Lance leaving. He didn't relish the idea of returning to a lineup consisting of those two.

If you clicked on this thread expecting it to be turned into a trade proposal thread, you wouldn't be disappointed.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    If you clicked on this thread expecting it to be turned into a trade proposal thread, you wouldn't be disappointed.
    And a discussion on NBA "slavery".

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

George Hill is not a point guard and he can't create well for the offense.

But he is a solid player. He has plenty of heart. He's a great guy and he makes the Pacers better. No reason to hate on him for not playing the position or role that's left for management to bring in.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

35. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been giving the benefit of the doubt for a while, but I'm seriously thinking that we're just being trolled around here after reading the second page of this thread. It has reached a new peak of ridiculousness.

Wow, totally derailed thread. PG watching and learning some how turned into a discussion about our hopes with a heartless underachieving starting pg, then into a yes he is/no he's not conversation. I love to play devil's advocate all the time, it's fun and good for discussion. Gotta keep it relevant though. This is not productive.

If we're gonna threaten in the East we need someone capable of taking over. Hill isn't that person. Nor is he a great passer, and we're gonna need all the easy buckets we can get.
    Your right, we have have Paul George for that. If you think we are threatening in the East without Paul George, you are crazy.