Thread: Top NFL Receiving Corps?

Default Top NFL Receiving Corps?

I tried ranking them today. Do you all agree or disagree?

http://inkonindy.com/2014/08/14/rank...ps-colts-land/

Default Re: Top NFL Receiving Corps?

I think if you include tight ends then I would but Indy at #1 honestly, assuming Wayne is close to his former self. Also, just fyi, its Dwayne Allen not DeWayne.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bears are better than the Colts, unless you factor in who's throwing them the ball. I have no issue with Denver at #1.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

I think our receiving corp has good potential, but three of our top players are coming off injuries, and outside of those guys and Hilton everyone else is potential. Until I see Wayne, Nicks and to a lesser extent Allen back healthy- I don't see us as the 2nd best corp in the NFL.

JMO

I also thing Green Bay is too high

There are just way too many unproven variables to have the Colts above the likes of Chicago, Green Bay, San Francisco, etc.

Ty Hilton needs to show that he can be consistent throughout an entire season.

Wayne needs to show that he can come back from injury at an old age.

Nicks needs to show that he can regain some of of the old form he had in NY.

Allen needs to come back healthy, Fleener needs to improve.

Pep Hamilton needs to show that he can get the most out of our passing offense.

I'm a huge fan of our receiving corps and I think we're going to have a great season passing the ball, but we still have some stuff to prove before we're elevated over multiple teams with loaded receiving corps.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bears are better than the Colts, unless you factor in who's throwing them the ball. I have no issue with Denver at #1.
    I liked the Bears corp, I just felt the Colts had more depth

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    There are just way too many unproven variables to have the Colts above the likes of Chicago, Green Bay, San Francisco, etc.

Ty Hilton needs to show that he can be consistent throughout an entire season.

Wayne needs to show that he can come back from injury at an old age.

Nicks needs to show that he can regain some of of the old form he had in NY.

Allen needs to come back healthy, Fleener needs to improve.

Pep Hamilton needs to show that he can get the most out of our passing offense.

I'm a huge fan of our receiving corps and I think we're going to have a great season passing the ball, but we still have some stuff to prove before we're elevated over multiple teams with loaded receiving corps.
    I agree, though I feel the same can be said about other teams as well. 49ers had Crabtree back from injury late last year, Stevie Johnson had injury issues, and Lloyd is coming off sitting out a year. The Packers had Cobb out the majority of last season, and Nelson has had hammy issues off and on. The Bears I like, but I made this list based off the assumption guys would be relatively healthy and I just felt the Colts were deep.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I liked the Bears corp, I just felt the Colts had more depth
    If the Bears had Andrew Luck at QB instead of Jay Cutler, they'd be the most potent offense in NFL history.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you rank the top ten receiving corps in the NFL, you don't include Whalen and Rogers in No.2 Indy. You just mention the two TE's, Hilton, Nicks and Reggie and you're OK (assuming Allen and Wayne are in proper shape).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post: