Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul George Will Return to be 100% of the player he was before.....

Default Paul George Will Return to be 100% of the player he was before.....

Robert Klapper @DrRobertKlapper · 4h
    PAUL GEORGE. No ligament tendon nerve or joint damage! Just broken bone and skin. He will return 100% the player he was!
    Quote:
    Dr. Robert Klapper @DrRobertKlapper · 6h
    PAUL GEORGE. if Indiana stays far in playoffs.... We might see PG!

https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper
    Guess this was the doctor who performed surgery on him.

Good news

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George Will Return to be 100% of the player he was before.....

I don't think that's the doctor who did the surgery

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Klap on,
    Klap off,
    Klap on, klap off,
    Dr. Klapper.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I wasn't sure. I got that from a post on an nba forum.

I don't think it'll be an issue of recovery (it's a straight bone fracture). The issue will be his mental state.

Some players become timid after such an injury
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I don't think it'll be an issue of recovery (it's a straight bone fracture). The issue will be his mental state.

Some players become timid after such an injury
    Yes, this has always been my worry. I know from experience I've changed the way I played basketball from injuries and I've never had my bones snap in two. I really hope he can mentally recover, but it is a blessing that it seems none of his athletic gifts will be lost.

Even though the injury looked so bad I still always felt that it was better than him tearing his acl. I remember a long time ago Kobe broke his leg and he was back in a month.

Can he come back this coming season/playoffs? They got the IR exception approved. Is there a stipulation that cannot return that season?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only thing that might help his mental state with the injury was that it was caused in large part by a poorly planned court, not like DRose where he basically just collapsed.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Can he come back this coming season/playoffs? They got the IR exception approved. Is there a stipulation that cannot return that season?
    41 games
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Even if we make the playoffs, Paul George is not donning a uniform next season. I just can't see the Pacers taking the risk, even if the doctors clear him.
    Last edited by cdash; 08-14-2014 at 04:33 PM.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Another poster on that forum also said this

"For those of you who don't know Dr. Klapper, he is actually a very credible Physician for sports medicine. He even has his own radio show in LA.

If he says PG will be 100% then PG will really be 100%."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    If he says PG will be 100% then PG will really be 100%."
    I'm so glad he can see into the future and also know where Paul's mind will be.

Not trying to sound like a D (yeah - I usually fail ) - but there are just so many things that can happen between now and whenever. I'm looking at the whole thing as - he's out for this season. We'll see what next season brings. Anything else is just a guess. An educated guess on some parts - yes - but a guy named Murphy can have a lot to do with things like this.

I mean I believe PG will be 100% but that's because the Pacers have been saying it. Dr. Klapper hasn't seen PG's injury in all likelihood the x-rays and he certainly wasn't in the operating room. Everyone has to pay the mortgage but in terms of medical careers being a sports doctor with a radio show commenting on every sports injury seems pretty unreliable.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Dr. Riley Williams was his surgeon, team doc for the Nets (among a few others)

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Even if we make the playoffs, Paul George is not donning a uniform next season. I just can't see the Pacers taking the risk, even if the doctors clear him.
    Yeah, unless he can come back and play for a good portion of the season to get in playing shape, I don't think it is the smartest thing to throw him out there in the playoffs. On the other hand, if he can practice he should practice even if he isn't going to play.

I mean I believe PG will be 100% but that's because the Pacers have been saying it. Dr. Klapper hasn't seen PG's injury in all likelihood the x-rays and he certainly wasn't in the operating room. Everyone has to pay the mortgage but in terms of medical careers being a sports doctor with a radio show commenting on every sports injury seems pretty unreliable.
    What does that have to do with paying a mortgage
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I always figured he'd come back 100% physically, it's the mental aspect that worries me. Even beyond the injury itself, just not being on the court for a year can't be good.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Mood

He will be back to scoring 24ppg. comeback player of the year. My concern is can the team hold it together until he gets back. I'm hoping Roy doesn't roll up in a ball and cry Momma all season. West doesn't finally have his face freeze that way (you know what way). And G. Hill isn't mobbed by angry fans tired of his stupid criticisms of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    What does that have to do with paying a mortgage
    It means I don't really respect what Dr. Klapper does. He is a doctor who has used his medical license to get a radio show and comment on pretty much every single sports injury as far as I can tell from his twitter. More power to him, but his opinion on the injury is rather meaningless to me.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

It means I don't really respect what Dr. Klapper does. He is a doctor who has used his medical license to get a radio show and comment on pretty much every single sports injury as far as I can tell from his twitter. More power to him, but his opinion on the injury is rather meaningless to me.
    Nothing pays off huge medical school loans faster than drive-time sports talk radio. You know, except for practicing medicine.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    He will be back to scoring 24ppg. comeback player of the year. My concern is can the team hold it together until he gets back. I'm hoping Roy doesn't roll up in a ball and cry Momma all season. West doesn't finally have his face freeze that way (you know what way). And G. Hill isn't mobbed by angry fans tired of his stupid criticisms of them.
    The only good thing I can see coming from this(outside good draft pick) is that Roy will have to be the man this year. He's succeeded in that role before, but always falls off after a while. Maybe a year of being in that role will help him develop into that #2 guy we need next to Paul George.

Hibbert at his best with PG makes a deadly combination. Had we gotten Lance back we would have likely won a Championship throughout their time together. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Mood

Who freaking knows... 2-3 years from now we should be able to make our judgement
    Why so SERIOUS

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    Robert Klapper @DrRobertKlapper · 4h
    PAUL GEORGE. No ligament tendon nerve or joint damage! Just broken bone and skin. He will return 100% the player he was!
    Quote:
    Dr. Robert Klapper @DrRobertKlapper · 6h
    PAUL GEORGE. if Indiana stays far in playoffs.... We might see PG!

https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper
    Guess this was the doctor who performed surgery on him.

Good news
    normal_ew_030.jpg

Come on man, we can just have a 100% PG! We need at least a 110% PG in order to get us over the top! They need to shoot some nanotechnology in there and Borg him up before they make it illegal. If he isn't reconstructed better than ever, he will just be a $6 million dollar PG, not a max one.