Thread: Interesting game tonight

Default Interesting game tonight

Sorry, I don't have any "inside info" to pass along tonight. But I did think this was an interesting game.

The Sonics defense leaves a bit to be desired, but offensively they are tough to stop. Jax did a decent job on Lewis, but Lewis could just shoot over the top of Jax whenever he wanted. Ray Allen shoots so quickly, he is tough. But the key in this game was Radmonovich, when he came off the bench and started hitting shots from the power forward spot that caused the most problems.

I'll be interested to read what some of you thought about Mike Brown's coaching tonight. I have no complains, I always say it is not who plays it is how they play. But I did see Brown do some different things. James Jones played much more than he would have if Rick was coaching. I was surprised, Mike took Cro out and put in JJ after the 3 back to back three point shots.

Another thing that struck me is Mike went to J.O as often if not more often than Rick does. In the second half they went to J.O almost everytime. I have no problem with that, but I'll be interested to read some of your comments.

I'm starting to get a better feel for Jackson's game. He makes it look easy, he is streaky, but once he gets out of a steak it just seems like there is no way he'll make anything. He had a great game tonight, but I had zero confidence that he would make the finals 3-three point shots he took.

Seemed to me that the Sonics just had more firepower than the Pacers. If it got into a shootout which it did, the Pacers were going to lose.

I wanted to win this game badly tonight.

Two final questions. When can we expect the attendence to pick up as Reggie's career winds down? Did not happen tonight.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Interesting game tonight

One thing I noted throughout....Cro played like he was playing for minutes when DD gets here. He drove with a purpose tonight.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

woman without a team

Personally, I thought the game blew chunks.

Anybody know what's the shortest time it took Slick to get thrown out of a game? I'm thinking Rick might have set a new record.

As for the attendance tonight all I know is the Varsity Club was packed. Anybody ever eaten there before?

I think you have to get your last rotation in with about 6 minutes left in the game, and try to finish the game out with it. Mike had a screwy finishing lineup, and kept fiddling with it.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Anyone else notice that Croshere is the guy who always grabs Rick when he's going after the refs. Playerwise I'm talking about

Croshere is cool. He is a steadying influence.

Sports Logo

We win this game with Tinsley on the floor. The biggest thing from here to the end of the year is will JT get healthy and stay that way. I would sure like to see a year where he plays every single game plus a healthy playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . I would sure like to see a year where he plays every single game plus a healthy playoff run.

The Pacers franchise is dependent upon this. T is injury prone and it is always his legs, ankles or feet

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    BTW, Rick needs to take lessons on how to go after a ref.

He is to nice. If that was me I would walk out to mid court, take the ball throw it at the refs head, grab him by the head nad strangle him, chase him around the court just to scare him, then throw some bottles at him.......................... then I would calmly leave the floor

but it was nice to to RC [attempt] to light a fire under the troops

hmmm did you ever play semi-pro aor A-league baseball or softball??? You sound like a feller I kept coming up against when I was Umping!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Two of our three most important players are prone to missing games for one reason or another. (Namely, suspensions, and injuries)

Is this a good thing?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He took Stephen Jackson out when he was red HOT and thats the only problem I had with him coaching. Most deffintly would rather have Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Two of our three most important players are prone to missing games for one reason or another. (Namely, suspensions, and injuries)

Is this a good thing?

Not good at all. I assume you are talking about Tinsley and J.O.

J.O does not miss many games but he is rarely healthy. He always has nagging injuries. But he does heal very fast. He was healthy for the first 10 games or so when he came back after the suspension and he averaged about 30 pts a game and many of us were saying he was better than KG and gaining on TD

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    You're making a funny, right?
    Yeh, OK, and I'm sure everyone is falling out of their chairs laughing.

No I misread the post, I thought he was only referring to injury. J.O gets injured often, but yes Ron gets suspended often.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Not good at all. I assume you are talking about Tinsley and J.O.

J.O does not miss many games but he is rarely healthy. He always has nagging injuries. But he does heal very fast. He was healthy for the first 10 games or so when he came back after the suspension and he averaged about 30 pts a game and many of us were saying he was better than KG and gaining on TD
    Well that wasn't who I was talking about, but I did think about including that. I think JO's McNair-esque ability to rack up minor injuries keeps him from being a dominant player like KG, or TD. If he could deal with them like McNair or Iverson, it would be different, but he loses his aggresivness with the ball, and fades away much more when he is hurting.

But I try not to complain, as he is still a very, very good player.

But, it is possible his not being a great player may be what bites us in the *** when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    ...As for the attendance tonight all I know is the Varsity Club was packed. Anybody ever eaten there before?

Yes. It's pretty good but very pricey. Almost $30 for the buffet (correct me if I am not close but I haven't eaten there for 2 years) but you have to have tix to the Club Level to sit there. You can make reservations even if you are not a season ticket holder by calling the # on the bottom of the club level ticket and making reservations. Also, you can call the Pacers switchboard and get connected. Rail seating is on a first come reservation priority basis and you can only sit there for either the first half or the second half. And yes, they do kick you out if they have reservations for the 2nd half and they need your seat. But they do it nicely with hints, suggestions, and then they throw you over the railing if you're still there when they need the seat .

So, yes, as you can tell, sis and I ate at Varsity Club tonight. To be short, don't go there if you want a hot meal. Almost everything we had was cold. Service was very poor, but the waiter was nice enough to give us to go cups of our sodas. Of course, 5 minutes later while we're walking around the club level a Fieldhouse employee confronts us about where we got pop in clear glasses. I could have gone without that happening.

We thought since we had never gone, and we're giving up our tickets, we might as well go. Wasn't worth it. At all. Just like Best Locker Room, if you haven't been, you're not missing a damn thing. Go to one of the many restaurants downtown before the game to save money and actually get decent food.

As for the game, Vlad killed us, plain and simple. Mike didn't stray much from Rick's gameplan, IMO, but he was much better with substitutions. He left guys out if they were playing well, and pulled guys who weren't. He was quicker to get AJ back in, which I liked, but he rode Reggie too hard, which lead to Reggie asking out near the end of the game (as Kevin Lee said in postgame.) The thing I liked most about Mike was the postgame press conference. He just talked and talked, explaining every decision throughout the game. I lost the signal before it finished up, but he went much longer than Rick ever does.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

Big Mac, sitting on the railing isn't a first half/second half thing anymore. The first seating is at 5:30. If you're on the railing you have to be out by 6:30. I don't know how early you can be there to be able to stay for the game.

I wasn't impressed with the Varsity Club. Very pricey. I suppose it is a fun thing to do once but doubt anyone would go back for seconds.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

woman without a team

I went back for seconds. You have to to justify paying $30.

Tinsley would've been nice those last few possessions when we were down 5.

I don't like moral victories but we did have a chance to win this game without 2 of our starters in the line-up and with JO hurting, against a very good western conf. team, and without our head coach for almost the entire game. I think Mike did well, but at the end of the game he was a bit out place making decisions on who to put in and weather to foul, etc. If we ever do pull things together we could go on a big run, but time is running out and injuries are still affecting us.