Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 252

Thread: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

  1. #226
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers did last year with Evan Turner.
    If going by last year, technically Detroit had Billups on the roster as a player and he was #3 pick.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,232

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there's a chance we get Marion if Ray Allen and someone else signs with the Cavs first. Don't know how the trade will affect things, but I'm guessing that's why Marion hasn't signed yet.
    After the KLove trade, the Cavs will be at 13 Players and roughly $66+ mil spent.

    If everyone is signed on a Vet minimum contract....they will have more than enough SalaryCap and roster space to sign both Ray Allen and Marion. In addition....they have multiple unguaranteed Salaried Players that they can let go....so Salary and Roster space is not concern.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers


  6. #229
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Marion to Cleveland.

  7. #230

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    We didn't get Marion, but it doesn't look like we'll roll into the season without getting another SF.

  8. #231

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didn't get Marion, but it doesn't look like we'll roll into the season without getting another SF.
    What makes you say that?

  9. #232
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Idk who's left that's worth having at this point

  10. #233
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,392

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Rebuilding time as Pritchard's daughter tweeted.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  12. #234
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    I would have been very surprised if we obtained Marion.

    At the end of the day not getting Marion will probably mean 2-3 fewer wins and a better draft pick. I am not too broken up about this development.

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  14. #235
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,232

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    At least we tried .
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #236
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,185
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have been very surprised if we obtained Marion.

    At the end of the day not getting Marion will probably mean 2-3 fewer wins and a better draft pick. I am not too broken up about this development.
    Yeah, same...also gives Solomon Hill more minutes, if he's the player Bird and Vogel think then he can be plugged in. Plus I don't get to look at that horrendous looking shot all season...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  17. #237
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,420

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Meh...Just develop Solomon Hill and call it a day.

  18. #238
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,746

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Solomon Hill and CJ Miles may well be our starters on the wing. I wonder who guards LeBron when Solo picks up his third foul in the first quarter. George Hill?

  19. #239
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,746

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rebuilding time as Pritchard's daughter tweeted.
    Out of the mouths of babes. She is 100% correct.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  21. #240
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    This is Exhibit A in why you don't tank, why you every year try to have the best team you can possibly have. If PG were healthy, there is a much greater chance Marion signs here

  22. #241
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Exhibit A in why you don't tank, why you every year try to have the best team you can possibly have. If PG were healthy, there is a much greater chance Marion signs here
    If PG were healthy, we wouldn't have had the injury exception to offer Marion.

    If PG were healthy, tanking never would have entered anyone's vocabulary.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  24. #242
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Exhibit A in why you don't tank, why you every year try to have the best team you can possibly have. If PG were healthy, there is a much greater chance Marion signs here
    How bout a cup of coffee, maybe 2 or 3 if you'd like.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  26. #243
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    I used to have respect for Marion. Now that he is a ring chaser, all respect has been lost. Why play with Lebron, whom has a reputation of quitting on his team and stabbing them in their backs
    David "And One" West

  27. #244
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to have respect for Marion. Now that he is a ring chaser, all respect has been lost. Why play with Lebron, whom has a reputation of quitting on his team and stabbing them in their backs
    Just one problem. He already has 1 championship with the Mavs. He wants to be on a winning team, not a team that you can't be sure will make the playoffs.

    If the Pacers and Cavs were the only teams to offer, 10/10 you go with the Cavs. He's a shell of his former self. He's going to a situation where he won't have to play many minutes and get exposed. He'd play more for the Pacers and get exposed for losing a couple of steps.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  29. #245
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    I personally have zero issues with past their prime, former All Star players that want to compete for championships. Why spend the rest of their career on losing or on mediocre teams? Guys like Marion and Allen have paid their dues and have been multiple time AS players in their heyday. At this point winning championships is about all that's left for them to play for.

    This is something that has happened in the league for years.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  31. #246

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG were healthy, we wouldn't have had the injury exception to offer Marion.

    If PG were healthy, tanking never would have entered anyone's vocabulary.
    Why would we need the exception, marion signed for vet min.

  32. #247
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would we need the exception, marion signed for vet min.
    yeah, the way Bird talked at the presser it doesn't seem like we offered more, just a role/playing time pitch.

  33. #248
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Solomon Hill and CJ Miles may well be our starters on the wing. I wonder who guards LeBron when Solo picks up his third foul in the first quarter. George Hill?
    I doubt we'll be playing Cleveland 82 times next year so I wouldnt worry too much about that.

  34. #249
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG were healthy, we wouldn't have had the injury exception to offer Marion.

    If PG were healthy, tanking never would have entered anyone's vocabulary.
    I know, but that wasn't my point, I was making a very general comment

  35. #250
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,746

    Default Re: Shawn Marion meets with Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt we'll be playing Cleveland 82 times next year so I wouldnt worry too much about that.
    It's not just Cleveland. Carmello, JR Smith and Schumpert are going to completely destroy us.

    There are actually a lot of wings that will score at will against the Pacers this coming year. We have nothing. Old man West and Roy "speed demon" Hibbert will be in serious foul trouble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •