Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers announce press conference for 11AM tomorrow - Bird and Vogel in attendance

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers announce press conference for 11AM tomorrow - Bird and Vogel in attendance

My feed died.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers announce press conference for 11AM tomorrow - Bird and Vogel in attendance

audio of the full presser (about 20 mins), via 1260's Derek Schultz

http://chirb.it/rcxPEv

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

sav

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was Larry's response to the patch question?
    That Paul is still alive.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

What was Larry's response to the patch question?
    Patch?? He's not dead!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

So what was the point of the presser? Summary?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

it was such a dumb question I thought he was talking about some new medical technology at first. like a patch to put on PG's leg to make it heal faster or something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

sav

I love this dude

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I played the audio of the press conference backwards and got this weird voice chanting, "I buried Paul ... I
    I buried Paul ..."

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    So what was the point of the presser? Summary?
    Sloan's option will be picked up.

Franks not going to be on the hot seat.

Bird "hasnt heard" anything about the Hibbert rumors.

Were waiting on a decision from Marion.

And most importantly, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TANK!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I played the audio of the press conference backwards and got this weird voice chanting, "I buried Paul ... I
    I buried Paul ..."

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    Bankers Life Fieldhouse Forever.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Well that ought to about do it for the next 7 weeks or so.

It really would have added some excitement to games with Marion on the team. Would have helped the team and the fans.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Sloan's option will be picked up.

Franks not going to be on the hot seat.

Bird "hasnt heard" anything about the Hibbert rumors.

Were waiting on a decision from Marion.

And most importantly, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TANK!
    We are at 15 Players already.

If we are keeping Sloan and Scola and simply letting Whittington's $501k unguaranteed contract go....then the most that the Pacers can offer Marion is a 1 year contract offer of roughly $2.66 mil.

That doesn't seem like much. I wonder how much is the most that the Cavs can offer him

At this point.....I'd think that the only thing that the Pacers can offer him more is minutes and a Starting position on a slightly above average Team as opposed to another likely Championship level team playing next to the best Player in the NBA as a backup Forward.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-12-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

If we are keeping Sloan and Scola and simply letting Whittington's $501k unguaranteed contract go....then the most that the Pacers can offer Marion is a 1 year contract offer of roughly $2.66 mil.

That doesn't seem like much. I wonder how much is the most that the Cavs can offer him

At this point.....I'd think that the only thing that the Pacers can offer him more is minutes and a Starting position on a slightly above average Team as opposed to another likely Championship level team playing next to the best Player in the NBA as a backup Forward.
    I believe 1.4m is the most Cleveland can offer him

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Bob Kravitz ‏@bkravitz 3m
    BREAKING: Pacers have just received a disabled player exception from the NBA. They'll have roughly $2 million to spend on another player.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Pacers would be stupid to let Whittington's contract go. Cheap development player who seems to have plenty of talent. He was going to be drafted prior to him getting hurt.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Bob Kravitz ‏@bkravitz 3m
    BREAKING: Pacers have just received a disabled player exception from the NBA. They'll have roughly $2 million to spend on another player.
    Yes.....but we are at 15 Players already.

We'd have to let Whittington go and the Pacers clear about $475k more Salary.....that would mean that they can spend about $2.475 mil on Marion.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Pacers would be stupid to let Whittington's contract go. Cheap development player who seems to have plenty of talent. He was going to be drafted prior to him getting hurt.
    Yeah...we are at 15 Players already. NO MATTER WHAT....the Pacers have to let 1 Player go to make space for Marion or whoever.

Personally, I'd have let Sloan go to make a slightly better offer to Marion and keep Whittington. If we ever needed a 3rd Backup PG, we can either let Stuckey run the backup point or ( at worst ) you can easily sign a cheap one in a pinch.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

sav

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

We are keeping Sloan! YES!!!!

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Yes.....but we are at 15 Players already.

We'd have to let Whittington go and the Pacers clear about $475k more Salary.....that would mean that they can spend about $2.475 mil on Marion.
    I'm not entirely convinced that we will have to let someone go in order to sign Marion. With the disabled player exception, that may be considered a hardship, consequently we could carry 16 players.

"Heading into Monday, the Cavaliers were widely considered to be front-runners to sign Marion, despite the fact that Cleveland is restricted to offering him a minimum salary of $1.4 million after using all of its cap resources and exceptions elsewhere.
    The Pacers ultimately will be granted a $5.3 million disabled player exception by the league in the wake of George's season-ending injury suffered late last month on Team USA duty, so Indiana does have the means to outbid Cleveland. But the Pacers would stray into luxury tax territory if they spend more than $1.7 million of that exception."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...-front-runners

This is the article I was referencing.
    Last edited by Speed; 08-12-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced that we will have to let someone go in order to sign Marion. With the disabled player exception, that may be considered a hardship, consequently we could carry 16 players.
    Someone with more knowledge than I am would have to confirm this......I can see your point....but I'm not sure how this would conflict with having 15 Players on the roster.

The Disabled Player Exception is nothing more than a regular Exception that a Team can use. It's not uncommon to have an injured Player on your roster that can't play sitting on your roster/SalaryCap space and being counted as one of your 15 Players.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

"Heading into Monday, the Cavaliers were widely considered to be front-runners to sign Marion, despite the fact that Cleveland is restricted to offering him a minimum salary of $1.4 million after using all of its cap resources and exceptions elsewhere.
    The Pacers ultimately will be granted a $5.3 million disabled player exception by the league in the wake of George's season-ending injury suffered late last month on Team USA duty, so Indiana does have the means to outbid Cleveland. But the Pacers would stray into luxury tax territory if they spend more than $1.7 million of that exception."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...-front-runners

This is the article I was referencing.
    At this point, the only advantage that the Pacers can offer Marion over the Cavs is $$$, Playing time and a Starting position. I'd have no problem letting either Whittington go just to make him a slightly better offer....even if it equates to $500k more. We have to make the best offer that we can make in order to convince him to come to Indy over Cleveland.

I'm pretty disappointed that Bird hasn't been out to see PG yet. That is kind of being a bit of a jerk in my opinion....
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.