Thread: General NCAA Athletics Thread 2014-2015

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default General NCAA Athletics Thread 2014-2015

I guess it's time for a new general NCAA thread.

I thought Wisconsin really blew a chance to make a statement for the B1G last night against LSU. They have absolutely no receivers, my word.

After one week, Kevin Sumlin's stock is up, and I assume it's just a matter of time before he jumps to the NFL. Bama looked pedestrian against a mediocre-to-crappy West Virginia team, FSU looks entirely beatable, I can't wait for Texas A&M-Auburn whenever that game is, and a special FU to Cox for not giving me ESPNNEWS, BTN, Pac-12 Network, or SEC Network. Had to upgrade my package (hehe) in the middle of the games to watch non-crappy games.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: General NCAA Athletics Thread 2014-2015

I will wait a few weeks before I invest myself in college football. Teams look completely different by week 5.

Here in South Carolina people are jumping off bridges already. Clemson and USC both lost, and this state really follows no other sports (even NFL football). College football is life.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess it's time for a new general NCAA thread.

I thought Wisconsin really blew a chance to make a statement for the B1G last night against LSU. They have absolutely no receivers, my word.

After one week, Kevin Sumlin's stock is up, and I assume it's just a matter of time before he jumps to the NFL. Bama looked pedestrian against a mediocre-to-crappy West Virginia team, FSU looks entirely beatable, I can't wait for Texas A&M-Auburn whenever that game is, and a special FU to Cox for not giving me ESPNNEWS, BTN, Pac-12 Network, or SEC Network. Had to upgrade my package (hehe) in the middle of the games to watch non-crappy games.
    yes, Wisconsin blew that big time.

Georgia looked like the best team and Gurley looked like a Heisman contender. They have South Carolina at home in two weeks. This team will be dangerous
    Smothered Chicken!

Doron Lamb apparently enjoyed his time as a UK basketball player…

@TN_Hoops: RT @DLamb20: If you play ball for UK you can get whatever u want trust me I know

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Doron Lamb apparently enjoyed his time as a UK basketball player…

@TN_Hoops: RT @DLamb20: If you play ball for UK you can get whatever u want trust me I know
    "I'm shocked"

Mood

In general news Jameis Winston is one of the biggest idiots around. FWIW I think most have suspected that, but his recent actions confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    In general news Jameis Winston is one of the biggest idiots around. FWIW I think most have suspected that, but his recent actions confirm it.
    Not a great time for college football players aspiring to be top NFL draft picks to be throwing up character red flags.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Not a great time for college football players aspiring to be top NFL draft picks to be throwing up character red flags.
    Never a great time to yell "**** her right in the *****" as an accused rapist.
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 09-18-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: *s

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Jameis Winston is creepy. He gives me a weird vibe, just like Adam Levine.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Never a great time to yell "**** her right in the *****" as an accused rapist.
    Or that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Nebrasketball got a 4 star 4 man for 2015, already had a 4 star PG committed (that Purdue was sorta kinda recruiting until bafflingly taking that Weatherford kid). Tim Miles isn't screwing around man.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nebrasketball got a 4 star 4 man for 2015, already had a 4 star PG committed (that Purdue was sorta kinda recruiting until bafflingly taking that Weatherford kid). Tim Miles isn't screwing around man.
    I like Tim Miles. Good coach, his interviews are pretty funny, seems like a good dude.

I like Tim Miles. Good coach, his interviews are pretty funny, seems like a good dude.
    I do too. I'd like him more if wasn't building a really nice program at friggin Nebraska. NEBRASKA! Nobody really seems to be talking about it but I think he's a natural fit to replace one of the blue blood old timers. Duke or UNC may be jobs that're too big for his britches, those're throw the bank at Self/Donovan gigs, but Jimmy B up in Syracuse? That fits man.

The new facilities at Nebraska help him build the program a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    The new facilities at Nebraska help him build the program a lot as well.
    Definitely, but it's still a program with absolutely zero history and zero local recruiting base. A quality building helps but it only goes so far, with recruiting anyway. I do wish Purdue hadn't renovated Mackey but just built new though. They couldn't have, they were doing a whole bunch of projects with the non-revenue sports (MESSAGE!), it'd be like a decade out planning process, but still. Thanks for those gold recliners on the sidelines you can't miss on TV when they're empty though, good job showin up big donors. Hey, at least you didn't sell em to IU fans last season.

I do too. I'd like him more if wasn't building a really nice program at friggin Nebraska. NEBRASKA! Nobody really seems to be talking about it but I think he's a natural fit to replace one of the blue blood old timers. Duke or UNC may be jobs that're too big for his britches, those're throw the bank at Self/Donovan gigs, but Jimmy B up in Syracuse? That fits man.
    I won't lie, I've thought about him taking over for Crean when his time is done at Indiana, but I honestly don't think he would make the jump within the conference.

Brandon Miller took a medical leave of absence. Practices start tomorrow, with the timing it might be serious. Hope he's OK.

Brandon Miller took a medical leave of absence. Practices start tomorrow, with the timing it might be serious. Hope he's OK.
    It's a very odd situation. They didn't say what it was (if it was something like cancer they would say, like the Colts did with Pagano), no players have tweeted about it, and rumors from people in-the-know are saying it's not medical, although people in the know at Butler are jerk-offs.

I know he left his Ohio State job because of something stress related. Jeff Goodman says Miller's been "out of contact" for months, wasn't out recruiting over the summer at all. I mean, I hope the guy's healthy and everything of course, but if all that's the case it may be time to move on.

People are making it seem like it's an addiction or crime-related, but it also sounds like it might be mental health. It's a very bad situation for literally everyone though. No one is winning here. Holtmann was a pretty good coach at Gardner-Webb, but the Big East is a step up from the Big South or whatever conference they're in.

Mood

I know he left his Ohio State job because of something stress related. Jeff Goodman says Miller's been "out of contact" for months, wasn't out recruiting over the summer at all. I mean, I hope the guy's healthy and everything of course, but if all that's the case it may be time to move on.
    Geeze, that is REALLY not good for Butler. It was obvious to anyone who caught a Butler game last year that they were extremely undermanned. Miller needed to get some Big East players to Hinkle fast. Obviously this is a bad omen.