Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTHR: Pacers will formally request Artest's return, Bird confirms DD's return.

Post WTHR: Pacers will formally request Artest's return, Bird confirms DD's return.

Pacers plan to request reinstatement of Artest

By Dick Rea, Eyewitness Sports

(Indianapolis - March 1, 2005) The Pacers are starting to get serious about their run to get into the playoffs. For the first time since the suspensions surrounding the Detroit brawl, the team has confirmed they are making an effort to get suspended forward Ron Artest back into the line-up this season. "We'll send a letter to the league office to try to get Ronnie reinstated, but it's really between Ronnie and the commissioner, said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Artest for the remainder of the NBA season for his role in the November 19th brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Artest returned to the practice court after the start of the year, but the Pacers have not expressed optimism about an early reinstatement. Artest met with Stern Monday in New York, but a spokesman for the league says early reinstatement was not discussed. "It's really his decision, Bird said, I understand that Ronnie met with him and that's the first time Ronnie's ever sat down with the commissioner, we'll just see what happens." While the Pacers wait on the status of Artest, another familiar face is set to slip on a Pacers uniform. Bird also confirmed that Dale Davis is set to rejoin the club. Davis spent the first nine years of his NBA career in Indianapolis, then left for Portland in 2000 in a deal that brought Jermaine O'Neal to the Pacers. "He brings a lot of things a lot of other guys can't bring, competitiveness and coming every night to play," Bird said. Davis could rejoin the team in time for a four-game road trip which startsThursday in Denver.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=9d8uWxVA

Default Re: WTHR: Pacers will formally request Artest's return, Bird confirms DD returns

Here we go...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: WTHR: Pacers will formally request Artest's return, Bird confirms DD returns

Good
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

PacersFan

PLeeeeaaase, oh please let Ronnie back and everything will be right with the world....well, not really, but close enough

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

well my signature has changed again. i'm gonna run out of room

I missed the first couple seconds, but mostly got it, here's the video (1.52MB).

http://www.pacersdigest.com/artestdavis.wmv

I guess Will Galen's summation in another thread was right -- they were waiting for Ron to meet with Stern before moving forward with an appeal... very smart.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Default Re: WTHR: Pacers will formally request Artest's return, Bird confirms DD's return.

Who was it that predicted that they would wait until they knew Artest will be back before publicly requesting his return? I hope whoever that was is right.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: WTHR: Pacers will formally request Artest's return, Bird confirms DD's return.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was it that predicted that they would wait until they knew Artest will be back before publicly requesting his return? I hope whoever that was is right.
    hmm, very good point, and good memory

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31
    hmm, very good point, and good memory
    Not realy, whatever thread that was, I read it about 10 minutes ago.

ImReppinBtown

This has been a good day for us. Hopefully we can work something out and get Ron back.

Not realy, whatever thread that was, I read it about 10 minutes ago.

why won't Stern/Pacers stop playing with my emotions over this

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...calm..calm...a beach in Tahiti...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...caaaaalm...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3... 2...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...breath, now just breath...Sandra Bullock stroking your back...a comfortible hammock...ahhhh...ahhhhhhhhhh...

ahhhhhhhh.....

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GODOH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...

Quote Originally Posted by 3Ball
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...calm..calm...a beach in Tahiti...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...caaaaalm...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3... 2...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...breath, now just breath...Sandra Bullock stroking your back...a comfortible hammock...ahhhh...ahhhhhhhhhh...

ahhhhhhhh.....

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GODOH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD...

Please, don't share your sexual encounters with us.

Sports Logo

ahhhhhhhh.....

Its these calm rational posts that I enjoy the most.

Mood

ahhhhhhhh.....

mmmmm

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Wait a minute ! Wait a minute ! Us older folks don't mind him sharing at all.

It brings back old memories. Right Geeze !!!

HOLY ****ING MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE.

OIASEFHIOANFOIENFOIASNDPFIJA ERIOAHJROEIFJAOIDURIOAUEJRIOA EJFIOAJEIOR JAIOEF JERJITOI RJFUIOAHF0'OEJURQ0934U8834U 094 U89-Q34IPQI9-43- FJIRFMCIOWDJF98AJF89MOWEIFJ09EFJK90AMCE9RQIC 5904I90C,QR90E,0-CI V9-5 UV904U-9348T90Q34UIT9-Q43I8T-2TI8-TW30IT-49TGIP50E9FUI90RUI G90R Y8V09W5 TU09QC,ER-OQ 3VT9-Q EV4U9-T JQDOPT C9-WEQTIQ4903 TU34

AND

OAIEJOAEJ RVOACI EJTROIAEJTIOEJ TIOERJTIOHEORIT JQOTFJQI O[GJPQOFJQOPJF POQJTEIOPQJEIOI JQUFAFKOARE0 940834095834-9RI349ODFJKLD K90FUDS0FJLIEJTLIAEJR'A'DGIAD[FA]-R0E]QRTI0Q 9UT9034U089T 48U43-UQTGFU990DIPAEDP

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DFOAIDJFOIAJ ROAIEJFOIAEJFIOA EROIEJRTOIQERNHOFQIROQNOGPQFEJPQEFQF

FIOPADFJOEWJPJRPOJMPEOJPOWFCA'FKOPAOMFPOEW R90Q3IR90QEIR-FQERKFR

THIS IS SO ****ING AWESOME.

I'm happy
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Color me optimistic, but I really do think that Ronnie's coming back. And if he does, we are INSTANT title contenders.

Playoff roster:

C - DD/Foster/Hulk
    PF - JO/Cro/Polly
    SF - Ronnie/SJax
    SG - Reggie/Freddie
    PG - Tins/AJ

**** that instant title contender bull****. We ARE GOING TO CREME THE EAST
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Thanks for posting the video, Hicks!

You rock!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

[QUOTE=Shade And if he does, we are INSTANT title contenders.

[/QUOTE]
    Tinsley better get healthy though.......
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    Parade pissing time!

Anyone remember why Ron is gone?

Who cares?!? He could be back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    Parade pissing time!

Anyone remember why Ron is gone?
    Nope...