Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Oden arrested, accused of punching ex-girlfriend via Fox59 Indianapolis

Default Re: Greg Oden arrested, accused of punching ex-girlfriend via Fox59 Indianapolis

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder what Steven A. is thinking right now ??????????????
    I think people are trying to make SAS say something he didn't say. He did not say, nor did he insinuate that it is ok to hit a woman if she 'asks for it' by acting silly.
    Listen, I'm on my boys all the time about how they respond when they get mad at their sister. They already know that they'd better not ever hit or put their hands on her. But I also remind her not to take advantage of that by messing with them just because she knows they can't hit her. There is personal responsibility on both sides, which does not condone a violation of that by either party.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Greg Oden arrested, accused of punching ex-girlfriend via Fox59 Indianapolis

A lot of these comments are seeming to be really off the wall, there is a possibility this was an accident as Oden suggested. Only the people there really know what happened and all will come to light at one point, please don't make this one of those situations where media amps up something to try and make a big story. If it turns out this was not an accident then yeah go ahead jump all over the guy, and I will join in.
    Why so SERIOUS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hitting people, regardless of what gender they or you are, is bad.

WANNA ARGUE ABOUT THAT?!
    I enjoy MMA, and Boxing... Lets Go... :^)
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    A lot of these comments are seeming to be really off the wall, there is a possibility this was an accident as Oden suggested. Only the people there really know what happened and all will come to light at one point, please don't make this one of those situations where media amps up something to try and make a big story. If it turns out this was not an accident then yeah go ahead jump all over the guy, and I will join in.
    An accident would be if he were doing jumping jacks and hit her in the face 'cause he did not know she was there.

He was, by his own admission, "going after," her. What was he going to do when he got to her, hmmm? He was the aggressor. His behavior led directly to the result. It was not a true accident. Geez. It is amazing how there are always apologists in threads like this, even when the athlete admits fault!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

.....bad boys...bad boys.....watcha gonna do.......watcha gonna do when they come for you....

We put these professional athletes on pedestals, but it just goes to show you that a majority of them are no more worthy of hero worship than you or me. We know very little about these athletes true natures than what their public personas are. If a guy like Lance Armstrong can fool the public for so long, then the guy you think is a good guy just might not be so good.

Lance wasn't really a surprise to me though the only reason this surprised me about Greg Oden is that I never heard of anything like this about him.

Has nothing to do with hero worship as much as it came out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Lance wasn't really a surprise to me though the only reason this surprised me about Greg Oden is that I never heard of anything like this about him.

Has nothing to do with hero worship as much as it came out of left field.
    Lance wasn't a surprise towards the end of his racing career, but I bet hardly anybody didn't think he was a good guy after his first couple tour wins. He was a national hero for crying out loud. He had the LIVESTRONG foundation. Coming back from cancer to dominate in the grueling world of cycling.

Everybody bought in. There were yellow bracelets everywhere and I would fathom a guess that a good percentage of the cyclists I see on the road today were inspired by the man. My point is we don't know these celebrity athletes. We know what we hear or what is portrayed by the media.

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

She said he couldn't post her up, let alone go to work against guys in the league--what do you expect him to do when confronted with smack talk like that?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    She said he couldn't post her up, let alone go to work against guys in the league--what do you expect him to do when confronted with smack talk like that?
    Not funny to joke about domestic violence. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Sounds like he was yanking his arms away from one person and whacked her in the nose. Make of it what you will, but he is not denying anything nor is he trying to act like he is not to blame.
    That's the way it reads in a different news report.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Sure it is. Humor is a good counter-action to a ish-y situation. At least I see the humor in it.

Anyway - he finally found a 5 footer he could hit.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

All I have heard are stories written by folks who where not there as witnesses.

Lets see some absolute proof first that he is not innocent first before passing
    judgement.

"I'm your huckleberry"

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    All I have heard are stories written by folks who where not there as witnesses.

Lets see some absolute proof first that he is not innocent first before passing
    judgement.
    What fun is that? Be a raging Twitter nerd and pass judgement like a good social media addict!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Dammit conscience, where were you before I hit send?!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sure it is. Humor is a good counter-action to a ish-y situation. At least I see the humor in it.

If that was your Mom getting beat would you still find humor in it?

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    Dammit conscience, where were you before I hit send?!
    I don't think you're going to find it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

If that was your Mom getting beat would you still find humor in it?
    My Mom wouldn't have been dumb enough to hang around with someone that would do that.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    An accident would be if he were doing jumping jacks and hit her in the face 'cause he did not know she was there.

He was, by his own admission, "going after," her. What was he going to do when he got to her, hmmm? He was the aggressor. His behavior led directly to the result. It was not a true accident. Geez. It is amazing how there are always apologists in threads like this, even when the athlete admits fault!
    I don't know what he was going to do when he got to her, neither do you or anyone else, and that is the point, couples have heated arguments all the time, doesn't men they will get physical, the accident was when he was trying to break free and hit her.

I suggest not making the assumption of knowing what he was going to do in that type of situation... I am just going by the facts that have been presented, there is a possibility it was an accident, and I will not place judgement until I know what all happened.

To me it is not like he was swinging and playing around acting like he was going to hit her from the reports, the action came from him breaking lose from people holding him back.
    Why so SERIOUS

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Honestly, it's whatever. A man should never hit a woman, but I have heard some women say some pretty evil *hit to a man before. A remembering one woman wishing death on her boyfriend's kids, because he refused to have a baby with her. I was like...Damn!

That is funny. I promise you most everyone laughed too. Hyper-sensitivity is not my strongest weakness. I do like a good laugh though, thanks.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance wasn't a surprise towards the end of his racing career, but I bet hardly anybody didn't think he was a good guy after his first couple tour wins. He was a national hero for crying out loud. He had the LIVESTRONG foundation. Coming back from cancer to dominate in the grueling world of cycling.

Everybody bought in. There were yellow bracelets everywhere and I would fathom a guess that a good percentage of the cyclists I see on the road today were inspired by the man. My point is we don't know these celebrity athletes. We know what we hear or what is portrayed by the media.
    I was more inspired by Graeme Obree than Lance.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They charged him with a felony now too.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...arge/13906321/

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    They charged him with a felony now too.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...arge/13906321/

From that article:

Court documents filed today say the 7-foot-tall, 285-pound Oden is accused of punching Christina Green in the face three times and fracturing a bone in her nose.

His mother, awoken by the commotion, had to pull the former No. 1 draft pick off his bloodied former girlfriend to bring the incident to an end, documents state.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    From that article:

Court documents filed today say the 7-foot-tall, 285-pound Oden is accused of punching Christina Green in the face three times and fracturing a bone in her nose.

His mother, awoken by the commotion, had to pull the former No. 1 draft pick off his bloodied former girlfriend to bring the incident to an end, documents state.
    Wow. That's awful. This dude is insane.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Greg gets the help/treatment he needs. This past weekend was the Travis J Smith Memorial Golf Outing in Terre Haute, which was Greg's bestfriend going back to elementary school, so I'd assume he was pretty sauced up. Not that it justifies anything, but hearing some stories from mutual friends and Greg's comments in the past about self-medicating with alcohol I can only imagine. It would be such a shame for Greg to continue this downward spiral.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.