Thread: ESPN's Britt McHenry suspended after bullying parking attendant on camera

Default ESPN's Britt McHenry suspended after bullying parking attendant on camera

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ESPN's Britt McHenry suspended after bullying parking attendant on camera

Wow. She's a ****ing ****.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Default Re: ESPN's Britt McHenry suspended after bullying parking attendant on camera

The fact she hasn't been fired makes me glad ESPN doesn't get money from me anymore

Does she have a sister that has an "allergy" to electricity?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does she have a sister that has an "allergy" to electricity?
    "Better Call Sal"...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

play the game Painter Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Jesus, what a ****. Props to that lady behind the counter for keeping her cool.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, the fact shes smoking hot probably to the decision about what to do with her be a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Honestly, the fact shes smoking hot probably to the decision about what to do with her be a slap on the wrist.
    Looked and talked like trailer trash in that video. Espns makeup department is very talented

Just to put some context in here.... APPARENTLY (supposedly) this is at a tow yard, not a parking garage or lot. So suddenly the chances of her having her fuse shortened, and the chances of the tow yard attendant being rude and provoking or baiting her go WAY up IMO.

------

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Looked and talked like trailer trash in that video. Espns makeup department is very talented
    Shes a *****, no question. That said, I doubt she gets kicked out of bed for eating crackers....

The irony of a blonde female ESPN sideline reporter commenting on someone else's looks influencing their ability to get a job....

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Man I'm not sure i'm I am all that offended by it all.

Towing companies are generally scumbag businesses who legally pray on people with little repercussion when they cross the line, and I have little compassion for anyone who works for them. They are predatory in their business practices, Pay me or you never get your car back and the longer you take to pay me the more its going to cost you. If you have ever been inside of one, you'd know they don't treat anybody coming in to get their car with any sort of respect.

Have you all never went off on a business that has done you wrong....oh I'm sorry we are all supposed to be passive aggressive now and ***** about it on twitter afterwards?

Also the tape looks like it was edited, so we really don't know what the lady said to her in-between the clips.

Also shame on this business, for putting this footage out there. They deal with irate people all day long, they only put this video out because she works for ESPN. Thats just down right spiteful and proves just what kind of scumbag company they are.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

play the game Painter Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post

Towing companies are generally scumbag businesses who legally pray on people with little repercussion when they cross the line, and I have little compassion for anyone who works for them. They are predatory in their business practices, Pay me or you never get your car back and the longer you take to pay me the more its going to cost you. If you have ever been inside of one, you'd know they don't treat anybody coming in to get their car with any sort of respect.

Have you all never went off on a business that has done you wrong....oh I'm sorry we are all supposed to be passive aggressive now and ***** about it on twitter afterwards?

Also the tape looks like it was edited, so we really don't know what the lady said to her in-between the clips.

Also shame on this business, for putting this footage out there. They deal with irate people all day long, they only put this video out because she works for ESPN. Thats just down right spiteful and proves just what kind of scumbag company they are.
    yeah. poor Britt McHenry. **** outta here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I call it fighting fire with fire.

Nobody put those words in her mouth. Maybe they're a scumbag business but she out-scummed them. The ***** got what was coming to her.

The second you resort to personal attacks to put someone down at their place of business, you lose all moral ground. She should and probably will lose her job.

If you can't tell the difference between being upset at a business and berating an employee just trying to do her job, I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-17-2015 at 04:02 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

So we think that the woman working the counter at a tow shop is the one that goes out and hooks up vehicles now or something?

It's like yelling at your waitress, because your steak wasn't prepared right. If you're going to be an *******, at least be an ******* to the person that you're upset with.
    oh I'm sorry we are all supposed to be passive aggressive now and ***** about it on twitter afterwards?
    That's one chioce. Another is just behaving like an adult.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Well, the way I see it, learning this was a tow lot changes everything. All of a sudden I can see the possibility of the attendant twisting the knife. I can see how Britt might be pizzed at being towed and then getting nothing but attitude from an attendant who, rather than have sympathy for someone having a bad day, wants to be smart with the "rich b i tch" and put her in her place...

So then we're into a situation where Britt was baited and took the bait.

Was that the situation? I don't know... I'm just more open to that possibility now that I learn this was a tow lot and not a parking garage. It changes the context. And I'd like to hear the complete exchange.

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    The fact she hasn't been fired makes me glad ESPN doesn't get money from me anymore
    What moral high ground does ESPN have?

I mean they employ people who have been accused of serious crimes ranging from murder to domestic violence.

This is nothing in comparison.

Sure she's a ***** but that's about it.

Besides in the end Father Time will do her in when she reaches a certain age and will get replaced by the next pretty young thing.

At least put a name to it....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-mchenry-out/

Anonymous ESPN employees reportedly want McHenry out

The notorious tow-lot video featuring ESPN reporter Britt McHenry has sparked plenty of strong reactions among media and fans. According to TMZ (via TheBigLead.com), strong reactions have occurred within ESPN, too.

Multiple employees of the four-letter network reportedly think McHenry should be and/or will be fired in the aftermath of her four-letter, mean-spirited, I’m-better-than-you rant caught on video — and on audio — at an undisclosed location at an unknown date and time.

Suspended for a week by ESPN, some unnamed co-workers think McHenry eventually will be suspended for good. Regardless of how this plays out, let’s take an opportunity on a somewhat slow Sunday to take a closer look at some of the risks raised by taking employment action against someone for an incident occurring beyond the boundaries of his or her employment.

There’s a saying in the legal profession that bad facts make bad law. In other words, when something happens that cries out for a specific outcome, the rules can get twisted to lead to that outcome without regard to the precedent it sets. In this specific case, the precedent possibly becomes that anything an on-air employee at ESPN says or does while off the clock can be the basis for discipline or discharge, even without behavior that would result in an arrest.

Should that be the standard for any employee? I’ve argued for years that the NFL shouldn’t reach into the urine of a player to determine whether he is or isn’t smoking marijuana or using other recreational drugs that don’t enhance performance. Why should ESPN be able to impose discipline based whether an on-air employee treats another person rudely while not at work?

And what amounts to rude behavior? Refusing to sign an autograph? Not leaving enough of a tip at a restaurant? Bumping into someone without saying, “Excuse me”?

Yes, McHenry played the “I’m in the news” card, but she never said she works for ESPN and there’s no reason to believe she was working for ESPN at the time she made those remarks. Does every ESPN on-air employee now have to worry about anything and everything they say in any setting, even when they’re not working?

On one hand, if ESPN employees don’t treat other people the way McHenry treated the person behind the counter at the tow lot, it won’t be a problem. On the other hand, why does any employer have the right to take action against someone for something they did on their own time when that behavior has no relevance to the person’s job performance?

There’s also the question of whether McHenry knew her words were being recorded. While it doesn’t excuse the behavior, surveillance cameras typically capture only video and not audio because the recording of audio amounts to a potential wiretapping violation. Even in a jurisdiction where only one party must consent to the conversation being record (in this case, the tow-lot employee), a private conversation between two people at the counter while the tow-lot employee was away from the window would potentially violate the law. In McHenry’s case, the original video was presented in a way that suggests she saw the camera before saying some of the worst things she said; if she had no reason to believe the camera also had a microphone, her decision to continue with the tirade after spotting the camera becomes a bit less confusing.

Again, none of this makes her conduct acceptable. The real question becomes whether the disclosure of the audio and the ensuing embarrassment is punishment enough, or whether ESPN has the ability to take action against her for something that happened away from work. The audience can choose not to like or respect her; is that sufficient (absent evidence of widespread channel-changing when she appears on screen) to justify taking her off the air?

Then there are the notorious Chris Berman on-set but off-air videos. From a profanity-laced rant against the crew for moving around while he was on the air to an extended explanation of how to smuggle codeine from Canada to creepy flirtations with a female colleague, Berman never faced any scrutiny or discipline when comments he made appeared online. While he never singled out any one person for demeaning comments, Berman’s behavior happened while he was on the clock for ESPN. McHenry’s didn’t.

There’s no easy answer to this one. Regardless of whether McHenry deserves to be heavily criticized for her comments to the tow-lot employee (and the court of public opinion has concluded that she does), the question of whether she deserves to be suspended or eventually fired by ESPN becomes far more complicated when considering how the precedent will apply going forward — and when contemplating how this standard would have or should have applied in past cases of recorded comments made by other ESPN employees under circumstances far more closely connected to the employment relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I wonder if ol' Mike Florio had this sort of philosophical debate when Donald Sterling was saying dumb ****? I'm guessing not.