Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Indy Eleven season

Default 2015 Indy Eleven season

Last night, there was the unveiling of the new third kit for this season, and it is very interesting.

The team also had a garage sale last night where they sold old training gear and jerseys and pretty much all left over 2014 stuff. My friends and I went but unfortunately it was later and nothing fit me. The Brad Ring sizes were the only one left and I am more of a Jaime Frias.

I'm concerned about the forwards for next year. Only one under contract and Rugg and Jhulliam are gone. Hopefully some moves will be coming very soon. However, the backline that dominated the NASL at the end of the year is returning. I've got my season tickets and I'm looking forward to being back at the Mike!

Default Re: 2015 Indy Eleven season

Any signings of note thus far?
    Welcome back George Hill!

There haven't been any notable signings. No names I recognized. Still only one forward on the roster, but Wilt says that they are finishing the contract for an international striker. Overall it seems like, besides losing Rugg and Jhulliam, they are bringing back the team that played so well at the end of last season. I'd expect to see some loans and mid-season signings like last year. At least now we know we don't have an abomination of a roster like we did at the start of last season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I only went to one game last year but Jhulliam put in an AMAZING goal in that one. Didn't figure he'd be around long. Even if you play in the NASL, if you go by one name you're going somewhere else lol.

Jhulliam didn't move up though. He's playing for a very small club in Brazil now. He's in his home country though and he's playing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know if there are any validity to the rumors, but it is rumored that Rugg is at the pre-season camp. So maybe he will return.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

The stadium bill easily passed through the House. Time for the Senate to vote and hopefully give us a beautiful venue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately I have a feeling the Senate won't pass it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately I have a feeling the Senate won't pass it. Hope I'm wrong though.
    With the addition of an amendment that made Ozdemir guarantee 50% of the loan I think it is pretty much a done deal.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If built I think there's a good chance MLS comes to Indy. Have a nice rivalry with Columbus and Chicago.

I think I am the only Indy Eleven fan that thinks it is crazy that Indianapolis is even remotely thinking about a new stadium. Last was fantastic and it was glorious for myself as such a big soccer fan, but it was the first season of a new team. I mean if it is season 3 and the fans are still flocking to the team in droves like they did this past season then sure, but I could really see a drop off if they continue to lose and the new team smell wears off.

I do have to give it to the owner though. At least he is wanting to pay us back and not get the sweetheart deal the Pacers and Colts got.

If they do build it they better build it downtown. This idea of building at 38th street would not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I think I am the only Indy Eleven fan that thinks it is crazy that Indianapolis is even remotely thinking about a new stadium. Last was fantastic and it was glorious for myself as such a big soccer fan, but it was the first season of a new team. I mean if it is season 3 and the fans are still flocking to the team in droves like they did this past season then sure, but I could really see a drop off if they continue to lose and the new team smell wears off.

I do have to give it to the owner though. At least he is wanting to pay us back and not get the sweetheart deal the Pacers and Colts got.

If they do build it they better build it downtown. This idea of building at 38th street would not be good.
    The argument I've heard is that the IUPUI setup was only ever meant to be temporary. But then, even as a guy who watched a lot of (ugly) Eleven matches and is a huge soccer fan, I think this whole conversation is pretty ridiculous. We can never get this city to invest where it actually NEEDS to invest...

Interesting thing of note is the addition to the the bill that ownership must guaranty the stadium if it goes wrong. I do not believe Ersal could do that alone. I think he would have to add partners.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    The argument I've heard is that the IUPUI setup was only ever meant to be temporary. But then, even as a guy who watched a lot of (ugly) Eleven matches and is a huge soccer fan, I think this whole conversation is pretty ridiculous. We can never get this city to invest where it actually NEEDS to invest...
    I always knew that IUPUI was not going to be their permanent home especially if they took of here, but to be discussing this after only one year is way to early. Yes, they had great attendance, but it is something new in our city. Their attendance was almost 5K more than the average attendance for the league. Is that really sustainable or are we likely to come back down to earth and be sitting at 6K a game which is the average for the league's fall campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Interesting thing of note is the addition to the the bill that ownership must guaranty the stadium if it goes wrong. I do not believe Ersal could do that alone. I think he would have to add partners.
    I think the city has to push that because we do not want to get stuck with a 82 million dollar stadium with no soccer team other than maybe IUPUI and high school championship games.

I just think we need to think long and hard about this stadium. We are not going to support with Indy Eleven and a woman's professional team like some have suggested. Also, there all ready are many entrenched concert venues as well so I doubt it will also become a hot concert venue. What other events will this stadium draw to help offset the costs?

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I always knew that IUPUI was not going to be their permanent home especially if they took of here, but to be discussing this after only one year is way to early. Yes, they had great attendance, but it is something new in our city. Their attendance was almost 5K more than the average attendance for the league. Is that really sustainable or are we likely to come back down to earth and be sitting at 6K a game which is the average for the league's fall campaign.
    Why not? Seattle averages 44k when the MLS averages 18k. The Montrael Impact (last NASL team to average over 10k) now averages 20k in MLS. The Indianapolis Indians just averaged 10k last season. As the younger generations get older soccer is only going to get more popular. When you do things right people will come.

People will more likely to want to go to a game in a modern stadium over a stadium like Carroll Stadium. I wouldn't expect them to fill an 18.5k stadium unless they move to the MLS or NASL somehow becomes the top league (about a 1 in 100 million chance). I do think they can sustain 10k if they put a competitive team on the field, and keep doing what they have been doing (being involved in the community and using social media).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Carroll Stadium blows, honestly. Other than it's view of the city it's a ****** hole.

The supporter stands are temporary crap on the West End. You **** in porta potties and the parking sucks ***. I think they would draw more with a better stadium honestly

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I actually think the parking is the only thing that doesn't suck. The worst thing is the turf. If anyone has ever walked on it, you might as well be playing on gravel. It's lumpy and just awful.

I think having a stadium like that would be huge for the city in general just because of all of the mid-sized events it could hold. Indianapolis could instantly become a destination for college soccer championships, 1AA college football, lacrosse stuff, rugby sevens, and pretty much every outdoor event. It would be able to steal concerts away from Deer Creek as well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

I've followed lower level pro soccer for the last 10 years, and only the Portland Timbers and Montreal Impact had as big of a high level feel as Indy Eleven do. The way they are embraced, the uniforms, the marketing, everything. We do a better job at it than most MLS teams. I'm sure the team will pack an MLS-sized stadium. I'm hoping that a foreign soccer owner sees this stadium in place and the fan support and is willing to try to move Indy Eleven up to MLS.

I don't want a foreign owner to get involved. If there are other potential partners I would rather they have local ties. Although, other than Simon and Irsay I'm not really familiar with who else in Indy would have that kind of money. To bad George Hill isn't a Lebron or Manning level superstar, I'm sure he would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I don't want a foreign owner to get involved. If there are other potential partners I would rather they have local ties. Although, other than Simon and Irsay I'm not really familiar with who else in Indy would have that kind of money. To bad George Hill isn't a Lebron or Manning level superstar, I'm sure he would be all over it.
    Andrew Luck? He loves soccer and he'll be making a ton of money here soon.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

I think Ersal's goal has always been to wrap someone in like Irsay or the Simons. There are people with Lilly too, shirt sponsor Honda....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Andrew Luck? He loves soccer and he'll be making a ton of money here soon.
    Possibly, I honestly would have more faith in Luck or Manning wanting to keep the team in Indy than Irsay would.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I think Ersal's goal has always been to wrap someone in like Irsay or the Simons. There are people with Lilly too, shirt sponsor Honda....etc.
    If he has any interest in MLS he will probably have to considering the $100 million entry fee. I have a feeling he isn't quite that wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    If he has any interest in MLS he will probably have to considering the $100 million entry fee. I have a feeling he isn't quite that wealthy.
    Like I said I doubt he can actually cover the guaranty on the stadium, it's a chunk of change and in reality he is just a local guy. He would have to liquidate some of his real estate holdings to have anywhere near that cash on hand. That may be enough for the guaranty (the real estate), but yeah I definitely think he would need a partner/ownership group to get to MLS.