Thread: Indy Eleven Thread 2015

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Indy Eleven Thread 2015

Since the 2014 season is over with the San Antonio Scorpions as the 2014 NASL Champions, I figured it is time to start the thread for next year.

Anyone here going to buy season tickets for next season? I would like to, but I'm not certain if I will be living in the Indy area next year, so I'm holding off a bit.

Default Re: Indy Eleven Thread 2015

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be living here, but I still re-upped on my season tickets. It's worth it, and if I do move I know a lot of people who would be willing to take them.

I hope we can somehow keep Rugg.

I've thought about it, but so far have decided against it. May revisit it after Christmas.

http://www.indyeleven.com/news/detai...n#.VHnaW9aZ7Gx

They have confirmed 8 players will be back next season.

Kristian Nicht
    Jaime Frias
    Kyle Hyland
    Cory Miller
    Erick Norales
    Kleberson
    Brad Ring
    Don Smart

They didn't pick up the options for Johnson, Ambersley, and Jhulliam. Which Johnson and Jhulliam surprise me because I thought they played extremely well.

They also signed Dragan Stojkov a player from Macedonia.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 11-29-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Really disagree with letting Jhulliam go. Sounds like we're going to be having all new forwards next year then.

I wonder if Eriq Zavaleta will be an option. He graduated from Generation adidas and it doesn't sound like Seattle will keep him. NYCFC or Orlando might take him in the expansion draft though.

Pineda and Franco in advanced discussions to rejoin sounds good too. Hoping to see Rugg, Franco, Pineda, Corrado, Dawson, and Jhulliam re-sign. That'd give us 14 returning guys who cover pretty much every position. Definitely think there will be some solid MLS cast-offs we could get. Wilt's relationship with Chicago should help.

Smart's my favorite player so I'm glad he's back.

I could take or leave Pineda. Bringing back Rugg would be high on my priority list. He isn't as good of a scorer as you want up there, but he does everything else extremely well which opens the field for everyone else. Getting Franco back would be nice. He was big in helping the defense to improve which is a big reason for the end of season improvement.

I thought Pineda was pretty solid. I don't want to see Pena back though. Ambersley and Pena were the two guys who made me want to rip my hair out. Hoping to see us sign a true defensive midfielder. We relied on Kleberson to play box to box and that's just not his game.

http://www.indyeleven.com/news/detai...ion#.VJOoXAXGA

The 2015 Spring schedule was announced. It will be 10 games 5 home and 5 away. Start the season away in Atlanta, then have the home opener the following week against the Cosmos.

Sat., April 4 TBA at Atlanta Silverbacks Atlanta Silverbacks Park – Atlanta, GA

Sat., April 11 7:30 pm vs. New York Cosmos Carroll Stadium – Indianapolis, IN

Sat., April 18 TBA at San Antonio Scorpions Toyota Field – San Antonio, TX

Sat., April 25 7:30 pm vs. Carolina RailHawks Carroll Stadium – Indianapolis, IN

Sat., May 9 TBA at Jacksonville Armada FC The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL

Sat., May 16 7:30 pm vs. Minnesota United FC Carroll Stadium – Indianapolis, IN

Sat., May 23 TBA at Ottawa Fury FC TD Place – Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Sat., May 30 7:30 pm vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies Carroll Stadium – Indianapolis, IN

Sat., June 6 TBA at Fort Lauderdale Strikers Lockhart Stadium – Fort Lauderdale, FL

Sat., June 13 7:30 pm vs. FC Edmonton Carroll Stadium – Indianapolis, IN

Home opener against Raul will be fun.

Sports Logo

I'm not a soccer fan but I realize a lot of residents are, I don't begrudge the Eleven for pushing for a stadium. I've got a lot to say about this but it's summed up in Indy can't afford it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm not a soccer fan but I realize a lot of residents are, I don't begrudge the Eleven for pushing for a stadium. I've got a lot to say about this but it's summed up in Indy can't afford it.
    If you don't go to the games, you don't pay for the stadium. That is the summary. The entire public money is being asked for via ticket tax that would amount to ~$6million and would be easily covered by the ticket sales assuming the Eleven continued to get fan support similar to what they had last year. You would probably never pay a dime for the stadium if you never went to a game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I just can't understand why Lucas Oil Stadium wasn't designed for this. Did they (city planning) have that little foresight?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If you don't go to the games, you don't pay for the stadium. That is the summary. The entire public money is being asked for via ticket tax that would amount to ~$6million and would be easily covered by the ticket sales assuming the Eleven continued to get fan support similar to what they had last year. You would probably never pay a dime for the stadium if you never went to a game.
    There somewhere I can look at this $6 mil of public funding proposal? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but everything but 6 mil of it being privately financed honestly sounds ludicrous to me. Again, I'm not trying to throw shade on the potential building because of the Eleven or just cuz it's soccer and I don't care about it or whatever. It just seems like a really, really bad investment in an immensely saturated sports market.

There somewhere I can look at this $6 mil of public funding proposal? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but everything but 6 mil of it being privately financed honestly sounds ludicrous to me. Again, I'm not trying to throw shade on the potential building because of the Eleven or just cuz it's soccer and I don't care about it or whatever. It just seems like a really, really bad investment in an immensely saturated sports market.
    I'd say less bad investment than bad reminder of how dumb our priorities are in Indy. We have the worst mass transit system (there isn't a system) of any major metro area in the US. And this is largely because we've ooh'd and ahh'd over stadiums for the last 20 years, instead of perking up when light rail discussions were being had.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Hey we're building a bus depot!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

http://www.stadiumforindiana.com/faq/
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

21. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also would encourage any PD'ers who may have a rooting interest in the idea to send some emails to the politicians who are most influential in this matter, as I have.
    http://www.stadiumforindiana.com/support/
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

What's their plan when the newness wears off and the money generated isn't enough ?? Where do they plan on getting the money to balance it out ??

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

I'd be curious about that too. I know there are a good number of soccer fans, but I still don't think it is huge there. Personally, I know of one person who likes soccer. Granted I'm not a hugely popular person.

I don't particularly care if they get a stadium or not, I just am curious what would happen if the fanfare dies out.

What were ticket prices like? I'd probably go for the hell of it if it is reasonable whenever I come back.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

This stadium is necessary for Indianapolis to get an MLS franchise. Build it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I'd be curious about that too. I know there are a good number of soccer fans, but I still don't think it is huge there. Personally, I know of one person who likes soccer. Granted I'm not a hugely popular person.

I don't particularly care if they get a stadium or not, I just am curious what would happen if the fanfare dies out.

What were ticket prices like? I'd probably go for the hell of it if it is reasonable whenever I come back.
    Ticket prices are very modest honestly. I would say $10 will get you in to most games
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season