Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

Andrew Luck is the Lebron James of the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is very good, and was the better QB the past two seasons. This year, Andrew Luck will surpass the other elite QB's. Luck has been compared to Peyton Manning and John Elway, so I'm not sure why that makes me a homer. A homerish thing to say would be TY Hilton is a top 5 wide receiver. Saying Luck is the league's top QB is far from being a homer. It's called having balls to say what you believe, and not listen to what others are saying in order to form an opinion.
    David "And One" West

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

His skill and ceiling is compared to the best. But so was other quarter backs that faded out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andrew Luck is the Lebron James of the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is very good, and was the better QB the past two seasons. This year, Andrew Luck will surpass the other elite QB's. Luck has been compared to Peyton Manning and John Elway, so I'm not sure why that makes me a homer. A homerish thing to say would be TY Hilton is a top 5 wide receiver. Saying Luck is the league's top QB is far from being a homer. It's called having balls to say what you believe, and not listen to what others are saying in order to form an opinion.

Well considering you're a Colts fan and you think the Colts QB who's entering his 3rd season is the best QB in the league but not Manning or Brady who have been in the league for 10+ years or Aaron Rodgers who's been around almost as long and have proven to get it done. Luck has a lot of potential and I like him just fine but he's not IMO the best QB in the NFL at least not yet. Its called facing reality and being objective.

Besides why would you want Andrew Luck to be like LeBron James who has a losing record in the championship game. I rather have him be Tim Duncan instead boring but efficient.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think about 65th. Consider that every team has a starter and a backup, Luck can't be better than any of those guys. The Colts are stupid for inexpicably handing Luck the starter's job when they have Chandler Harnish on the roster.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I think Luck will show this year that he is top 5. He hasn't proven it yet. Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli are slightly above him thus far. But after this year he will bypass them. I would put Cutler on the same level as Ryan and Flacco. He just isn't elite. And if Eli and Big Ben play poorly then the early success of their career can't carry them any longer.
    I have to disagree strongly with that. I take Luck over any of those guys without a second thought.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I have to disagree strongly with that. I take Luck over any of those guys without a second thought.
    You would take their careers up until this point over Luck? Seriously?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the discussion is this year... not careers.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Obviously Big Ben and Eli have had better careers than Luck up to this point because they have played for a long time and have multiple rings. But I doubt that there is a GM/coach in the league who would take either of them over Luck this year.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

No, but he's a better player than any of them at this point in time.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To ask this question in another way, let's remove the QBs from every team and throw them in a dispersal draft. The goal of every GM is to win the Super Bowl in this season. Which QBs get taken before Luck in that scenario? I think the big 4 and that's pretty much it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

^^Some would pick Wilson too. I wouldn't but that's not me saying Wilson is not a very good QB. He is.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    To ask this question in another way, let's remove the QBs from every team and throw them in a dispersal draft. The goal of every GM is to win the Super Bowl in this season. Which QBs get taken before Luck in that scenario? I think the big 4 and that's pretty much it.
    Depends how stacked the team is. I don't think many GM's are going to pass on the Lebron James of the NFL, which is Andrew Luck
    David "And One" West

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Depends how stacked the team is. I don't think many GM's are going to pass on the Lebron James of the NFL, which is Andrew Luck
    I don't have much to add, except that this is insane.

LeBron is on a completely different level than anyone else in the game except maybe KD. Luck is a damn good QB, but I don't think he is a completely different talent than every other NFL player, let alone QB.

I'd definitely put him in the top 4-6 though.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I don't have much to add, except that this is insane.

LeBron is on a completely different level than anyone else in the game except maybe KD. Luck is a damn good QB, but I don't think he is a completely different talent than every other NFL player, let alone QB.

I'd definitely put him in the top 4-6 though.
    Luck put a garbage team on his back, and got them to the playoffs for two years in a row. His WR's last year consisted of TY Hilton, and a bunch of cab drivers, and Luck still won 11 games. When Luck is in his 5th year, he will be the top QB easily in the NFL. Just like how Lebron is clearly the top NBA player
    David "And One" West

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Luck has been so good in a Colts' uniform that he has successfully replaced Peyton Manning. The talk of 'mistake' has mostly been replaced with trying to decide if Luck is a top 5 QB in the NFL or actually the best QB in the NFL. Nationally, locally... it doesn't matter. To replace a legend like Manning and silence critics, while Manning is sill putting up big numbers even, is incredible.

The Colts and we fans are very lucky indeed.

It won't surprise me to see Luck surpass some of Manning's achievements because of lessons learned during the Manning era by management and players as well.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

What he has done in two years is nothing short of remarkable. No one has done more than less.

He arrived here in 2012 right as we were kicking a legend out the door who built us into a powerhouse franchise. Sky high pressure and expectations. Not only was there the pressure to produce, but he had to do it while Peyton was playing damn good football in another team's gear. That sort of pressure would have certainly got to some people, but he just always shrugged it off with the classic "I just want to go out there and help us win football games" responses. To add to the pressure, the team had dumped a lot of other big names along with Manning and was a bit of a patchwork roster with a poor offensive line. Then you had the head coach battle cancer. Yet all Luck did was lead us to ridiculous win after ridiculous win. That will always be one of my favorite Colt seasons. Also, don't forget that we didn't have Arians for that Ravens game. He was rushed to the hospital before the game. That stung.

In 2013, there was again big pressure. All Luck did was beat the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. But a season with potential Super Bowl aspirations was slammed with an obscene rash of vicious offensive injuries, including the HOF WR who served as Luck's crutch. For a several week stretch, we definitely had some of the worst offensive talent in the entire league. But Luck found a way to once again lead us to another 11-5 season. Then there was that epic playoff game against the Chiefs. The following week's loss against Foxboro was disappointing, but it was a good growing pain for our club.

He also just seems like the perfect teammate. He'll say a lot to the media without really saying anything. Just wants to win football games. Never bit on the Manning comparisons. Gives credit to teammates when the team wins, but takes blame when the team loses.

Love this story about how Freeney had some inspiring words for the young Colt before the 2012 season:

"I know the first day I walked into the locker room, Dwight Freeney, one of the all-time great defensive ends, arguably the best of the last 15 years, said, ‘Hey rookie step into my office.' He says, and I'll paraphrase here, ‘You don't worry at all about the guy who was here before you. You're not going to worry at all about the guy who's going to be here after you. You just got to be worried about yourself. We are all in this together. Let's just go try and win football games.'

"For the team leader, the stud, the Pro Bowler, the Hall of Fame guy, to go out of his way to get the rookie quarterback in his locker and sort of make me feel comfortable, that meant a lot. It really did because it makes it so much easier when you're doing something or struggling with a bunch of other people and you don't feel alone. I'll always be forever indebted to Dwight and all the other guys for helping me with that."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/7/1...lp-andrew-luck

A story like that is just great to hear. Two legendary Colts bonded by the special 2012 season - one in his last year with the franchise and the other in his first. Reminds me of some comments Luck had during (I think) halftime of that pre-season game against Pittsburgh in 2012. When someone asked if that year was going to be a learning year, he said something like (paraphrasing), "well there are a lot of guys in that locker room like Wayne, Freeney, and Mathis who don't have time to waste and need to win right now." It was clear that these old vets could put all of their trust into this kid. He got it.

More special things are coming this year. He's going to thrill us for many years to come.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-21-2014 at 10:10 PM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Luck put a garbage team on his back, and got them to the playoffs for two years in a row. His WR's last year consisted of TY Hilton, and a bunch of cab drivers, and Luck still won 11 games. When Luck is in his 5th year, he will be the top QB easily in the NFL. Just like how Lebron is clearly the top NBA player
    You just said why I don't agree. Luck may soon easily be the best QB in the NFL. LeBron is easily the best basketball player in the NBA. I get that there is a large difference in the amount of players, but until Luck is obviously the best football player in the league, I oppose this Luck : NFL :: LeBron : NBA stuff.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post: