Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67

Thread: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

  1. #26

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Luck will win 4 Super Bowls.
    Here we come lottery?

  2. #27
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,384

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    You're ITK?

  3. #28

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Luck is a beast

  4. #29

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    If Luck improves from year two to year three like he did after his first year, he'll put himself up there with the best. I really just hate our o-line. If that doesn't get straightened out, he may not realize his true potential. I'm not going to count them out just yet, but that looks like our most obvious weakness.

    Colt's fans are so lucky to have him. We saw with Peyton how an entire era can end in the blink of an eye, so we need to cherish every second of having another once in a generation quarterback. We're in the good graces of the football god's, but history shows that doesn't last forever, at least according to Bill Polian.

  5. #30
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    494
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck will win 4 Super Bowls.
    If it were consecutive, and all with the Colts....I'D BE SO HAPPY, I'D FEEL LIKE DOING A TRIPLE-LENDING OFF OF MONUMENT CIRCLE!

  6. #31
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    He is top 10, not sure he cracks top 5 yet, but that could easily change after the season starts.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  8. #32
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    I think Luck will show this year that he is top 5. He hasn't proven it yet. Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli are slightly above him thus far. But after this year he will bypass them. I would put Cutler on the same level as Ryan and Flacco. He just isn't elite. And if Eli and Big Ben play poorly then the early success of their career can't carry them any longer.

  9. #33

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    I'll take Luck over Rivers and Big Ben. Luck is like the new Big Ben. Ben rothburger has fallen off the past few years. Rivers isn't elite.

  10. #34

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it were consecutive...........
    Yeah, cuz it would suck to win 4 over the next 6 or 7 years.

  11. #35

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck will win 4 Super Bowls.
    And I thought Irsay was the only one that needed to be drug tested around these parts....

  12. #36
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    494
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, cuz it would suck to win 4 over the next 6 or 7 years.
    But 4 consecutive would give him GOD status

  13. #37

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    If Luck wins one he'll have God status in my book. Right up there with #18.

  14. #38
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    494
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Luck wins one he'll have God status in my book. Right up there with #18.
    So Trent Dilfner and Brad Johnson have God status?

  15. #39

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Trent Dilfner and Brad Johnson have God status?
    Does Eli Manning have "god status" to you? If the answer is no it just shows that it takes more than a QB to actually win an SB(apparently its not obvious to most people go figure)

    Dan Marino and Jim Kelly have god status but neither of them won a SB either.

    If Luck's as good as those two were he'll be in that category regardless of an SB win or not.

  16. #40
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    494
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Eli Manning have "god status" to you? If the answer is no it just shows that it takes more than a QB to actually win an SB(apparently its not obvious to most people go figure)
    No. Very, very few people have "God" status, IMO. Barry Sanders has it, and has never been to a Super Bowl.

    Dan Marino and Jim Kelly have god status but neither of them won a SB either.
    I, personally would not put Jim Kelly in the discussion. Danny boy is arguable.

    If Luck's as good as those two were he'll be in that category regardless of an SB win or not.
    Not exactly. Hall of fame, yes....but God status....we'll wait and see.

  17. #41

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Very, very few people have "God" status, IMO. Barry Sanders has it, and has never been to a Super Bowl.



    I, personally would not put Jim Kelly in the discussion. Danny boy is arguable.



    Not exactly. Hall of fame, yes....but God status....we'll wait and see.

    So what is "God" status to you? I mean you think Barry Sanders is above reproach but you don't think Dan Marino is?

    Really? I mean I hated Marino but even I can give him his due.

    Those records he had lasted decades before the NFL became pro offense for a reason.

    Andrew Luck doesn't need to be "God" status he just needs to be good enough to win an SB which I think he is. Being an elite player doesn't really mean much if the Colts don't win SBs I mean there are elite players that don't win anything(Sanders, Marino) nice for them but it didn't really amount to much as far as Super Bowls either.

  18. #42
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Luck is the NFL's best QB. Nothing he can't do from the QB position. He can run, pass, make good decisions. He is also a gamer, and gets better in the 4th quarter. We have the Lebron James of the NFL. Embrace it, don't look for reasons to doubt him.
    David "And One" West

  19. #43
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Luck will show this year that he is top 5. He hasn't proven it yet. Rivers, Big Ben, and Eli are slightly above him thus far. But after this year he will bypass them. I would put Cutler on the same level as Ryan and Flacco. He just isn't elite. And if Eli and Big Ben play poorly then the early success of their career can't carry them any longer.
    Rivers and Eli miss the playoffs every other year. No team with Andrew Luck misses the playoffs. I know its only pre-season, but Luck made Eli look like a second class QB yesterday
    David "And One" West

  20. #44
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    This year. I clearly was talking about career wise. And Eli has had a better one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #45
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This year. I clearly was talking about career wise. And Eli has had a better one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Irrelevant debate. Eli has like 10 years on Luck. Luck is only beginning his legacy
    David "And One" West

  22. #46
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    494
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what is "God" status to you? I mean you think Barry Sanders is above reproach but you don't think Dan Marino is?

    Really? I mean I hated Marino but even I can give him his due.

    Those records he had lasted decades before the NFL became pro offense for a reason.

    Andrew Luck doesn't need to be "God" status he just needs to be good enough to win an SB which I think he is. Being an elite player doesn't really mean much if the Colts don't win SBs I mean there are elite players that don't win anything(Sanders, Marino) nice for them but it didn't really amount to much as far as Super Bowls either.
    Giving your due is completely different than proclaiming a player has God status. I feel that there are many great players that deserved the hall of fame; but only maybe a handful or so of those hall of famers should get "God status". Nor do I ONLY use stats or SB wins for this reasoning....but they do factor in.

  23. #47
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,950

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck is the NFL's best QB. Nothing he can't do from the QB position. He can run, pass, make good decisions. He is also a gamer, and gets better in the 4th quarter. We have the Lebron James of the NFL. Embrace it, don't look for reasons to doubt him.
    Homer post here. You can say the same things about Aaron Rodgers, and he isn't the best QB in the NFL either. I do feel that we could have the equivalent of Lebron ib the NFL, but Luck has some greats to pass up before we proclaim him the best in the league.

  24. #48
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Your logic is irrelevant. If Luck played ten years do you think he would make the playoffs every year?

    I was talking about top quarterbacks career wise. The only evidence that you have that Luck is better is that he makes the playoffs. When i reiterated the argument of career achievements, you say that the only reason is because Luck hasn't played as long? Come on. Luck has the tangibles, but he has yet to bypass those who have had a better career.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  26. #49
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Homer post here. You can say the same things about Aaron Rodgers, and he isn't the best QB in the NFL either. I do feel that we could have the equivalent of Lebron ib the NFL, but Luck has some greats to pass up before we proclaim him the best in the league.
    Aaron Rodgers has missed the playoffs for a few seasons. With Andrew Luck, your team will never miss the playoffs. If GB offered Rodgers for Luck in a trade, Grigson would laugh and hang up
    David "And One" West

  27. #50

    Default Re: Where would you rank Andrew Luck among other QB's in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aaron Rodgers has missed the playoffs for a few seasons. With Andrew Luck, your team will never miss the playoffs. If GB offered Rodgers for Luck in a trade, Grigson would laugh and hang up


    As the starter? Only the 2008 season which was his first year he's led his team to the playoffs every year since and unlike Luck has actually won the SB. Of course Grigson wouldn't trade Luck for Rodgers at this point in time Aaron is on the wrong side of 30, Luck has more years ahead of him.

    Your homerism is rather cringeworthy.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •