Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's (re)breaking out next season?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who's (re)breaking out next season?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good luck. Hill is going to get smothered with defense. I would not expect too much from him. Hibbert may actually rebound a little now that Lance isn't on the team to push him around mentally.
    You wouldn't be suggesting that Lance jumped in front of team mates for rebounds to pad his stats? Or hogged the ball to get extra assists? Or had a goal of achieving a triple double at the expense of team play?

LANCE HATER!!

Mood

I see Miles and Hibbert having good years with Miles coming out and proving he is worth extended minutes. I also see The Hill bro's improving this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    You wouldn't be suggesting that Lance jumped in front of team mates for rebounds to pad his stats? Or hogged the ball to get extra assists? Or had a goal of achieving a triple double at the expense of team play?

LANCE HATER!!
    I'll counter with, was anyone other than Lance going to break his man down, drive the lane and find a wide open player? Cause last time I checked, Hill couldn't really do that, and PG wasn't very effective with his suspect passing skills. Lance was the only one qualified to that. He certainly jumped in front of teammates to get rebounds, but in the heat of the game, I find it hard to believe he calculated grabbing rebounds from teammates. He actually went after the boards before the opponent did. That's what a good rebounder does, he actually goes after the rebounds, not just stand around waiting for the ball to come to them.

I do think Lance got carried away about the triple doubles though. The guy certainly cares about his stats, but I would think every player does, or how else are they gonna get their big contracts? Every single player that wants a max deal...you can be sure they care about their stats.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I see Miles and Hibbert having good years with Miles coming out and proving he is worth extended minutes. I also see The Hill bro's improving this year.
    I think Hill will go back to being a 15 and 5 guy for sure. Hopefully he gets those assist numbers up higher though with actual shooters on the roster.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Hill gets a couple of triple doubles this year there will be exploding heads on PD
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    If Hill gets a couple of triple doubles this year there will be exploding heads on PD
    Nah, it'll just be argued that his triple doubles don't mean as much because he isn't dynamic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love how high people are on Solo lol I hope these people see something that I missed, but I really have high doubts about this kid contributing anything :/ For the record, I hope I am REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wrong about this assumption.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Well if we had Stephenson maybe we could see him having a monster 20/7/7 season.

Unfortunately I dont see anyone that can break out in this team. All our "prospects" have limited potential and our main core has already peaked.
    Well someone or someones had better be breaking out to make up the 30+ points that PG and Stephenson put up last season! Personally, I could see the Pacers being one of the lowest scoring teams in the NBA next year. Vogel better have an offensive system put together by training camp, but I have my serious doubts he will. This is Vogel's last year on his contract & a make or break year for him. I'm really interested in seeing how he handles this coming season. It could end up being an overwhelming season for him, but hopefully he'll get it figured out in the 1st 20 or so games. I figure the Pacers will start off digging themselves a hole early in the season, and will be playing catch up the rest of the season to end up with a decent season. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    He's not getting a triple double unless it's missed shots, turnovers and fouls. Oops. I guess it's not even possible.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Solomon Hill - 14 and 6 this year

I clan certainly see Justi Tyme's point about Vogel's time to 'shine'. Basically, Frank is about to be judged by a season wherein he lost his emerging stars to injury and FO incompentcy. He has to revamp the "smash mouth" play with an aging PF, a mentally fragile Center, no established, compentent SF, a semi-bust SG and a total wreck of a bench? Unless G. Hill becomes CP3 over the summer, Frank starts with a grade of F- and falling. Fair assessment?

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I clan certainly see Justi Tyme's point about Vogel's time to 'shine'. Basically, Frank is about to be judged by a season wherein he lost his emerging stars to injury and FO incompentcy. He has to revamp the "smash mouth" play with an aging PF, a mentally fragile Center, no established, compentent SF, a semi-bust SG and a total wreck of a bench? Unless G. Hill becomes CP3 over the summer, Frank starts with a grade of F- and falling. Fair assessment?
    How can Frank be slotted with an F- when all he can do is show up to work and play who he has?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    He's not getting a triple double unless it's missed shots, turnovers and fouls. Oops. I guess it's not even possible.
    urgh. sometimes i question how people can be pacers fan when they derogate the players who play on the team.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post: