Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's (re)breaking out next season?

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Who's (re)breaking out next season?

George Hill is going to have the ball in his hands more than anyone else next season.

CJ Miles is going to be able to play without a total ball dominant PG

Solo is going to have a larger role

Hibbert and West should get more touches

Essentially every player is going to have a greater opportunity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Who's (re)breaking out next season?

I think Solomon Hill becomes a productive two way player who will benefit us big time when Paul is back. I really like his demeanor and game.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

I expect a ton of pick and pop plays with West and G. Hill. I'm not going to go overboard with my expectations but George Hill better show me he can be a 2nd tier point guard.

Solo Hill should be able to take advantage of his opportunities but I don't expect him to completely assert himself because this is still a veteran team.

Roy is the most important player on the team right now. What he does on the court cans drastically change the course of this teams future.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Hibbert and Solo, Hill going 15/5 isn't a breakout to me which is what I think he will do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My thinkings with everyone else, the bulk of the load will be handled by Hill and West and they'll hopefully be on top of their game like in 2012. Maybe a bit better due to the familiarity now.

CJ Miles will be fun all season. He shot 7.7 3PA per 36 last year and 8.7 the year before that. He's going to drive this forum INSANE but I think he'll be fine.

Solo steps up and surprises people by defending his *** off and being efficient offensively in a low usage role.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

CJ Miles will never have a better opportunity to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert and Solo, Hill going 15/5 isn't a breakout to me which is what I think he will do.
    15/5 from Solo? That would be a huge breakout for him. If he is putting up a 15/5 then will be massively, deliriously surprised and happy.

Edit: Or maybe you were talking about George Hill, in which case I agree.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Well if we had Stephenson maybe we could see him having a monster 20/7/7 season.

Unfortunately I dont see anyone that can break out in this team. All our "prospects" have limited potential and our main core has already peaked.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Short of Hibbert or Hill scoring 20ppg I can't really consider anything they do this year to be a breakout year. One of West, Hill, or Hibbert is going to average 17ppg simply because of increased usage not because of any huge increase in ability. My money is on Hill.

Other than Solo I don't really see anyone else who is in a position to have any kind of breakout year. Everyone else is pretty much established as to who they are, and their averages is just a matter of usage.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Short of Hibbert or Hill scoring 20ppg I can't really consider anything they do this year to be a breakout year. One of West, Hill, or Hibbert is going to average 17ppg simply because of increased usage not because of any huge increase in ability. My money is on Hill.

Other than Solo I don't really see anyone else who is in a position to have any kind of breakout year. Everyone else is pretty much established as to who they are, and their averages is just a matter of usage.
    Exactly.

Not looking forward to watching Pacers' games this year sadly unless we trade West for some prospects.

When Danny went down with his injury a few years back (seems like an eternity now), we were all down in the dumps wondering what would happen. PG stepped in after being used very little and look what happened! It would be awesome if S. Hill followed in a similar fashion! He could be our next hidden gem!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MunciePacerBabe For This Useful Post:

I had a dream that Solomon Hill avg 11pts 4 boards 2 assist and 1 steal for the season. And for some reason scored 34 and 12 boards on the last game of the season. Very strange. Also, Hibbert and West were no longer on the team, but Hill was. I tried looking for the new names, but woke up.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Exactly.

Not looking forward to watching Pacers' games this year sadly unless we trade West for some prospects.
    On the contrary, I am very much looking forward to the games.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

You know who I hadn't even considered as possibly having a breakout year is Vogel. He has a big challenge this year. Design an offense that can score that doesn't have a Paul George/Danny Granger quality scorer.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    You know who I hadn't even considered as possibly having a breakout year is Vogel. He has a big challenge this year. Design an offense that can score that doesn't have a Paul George/Danny Granger quality scorer.
    you could stop at "design an offense"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I think Solo will have a breakout year...if you consider 10-12 ppg a breakout year. I think he will be starting, if not at the beginning of the season then by season's end.

Also, if there are no more roster changes AND if Vogel gives him the opportunity, Copeland. I am probably in the minority, but I think Copeland can adequately play some minutes at SF. To have a 2nd unit with Stuckey at PG driving to the basket and dishing out to CJ Miles and Copeland at the 3 point line could be pretty good.

I also think GHill will return to his 2012-13 form and be around a 15/5 man again.

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I had a dream that Solomon Hill avg 11pts 4 boards 2 assist and 1 steal for the season. And for some reason scored 34 and 12 boards on the last game of the season. Very strange. Also, Hibbert and West were no longer on the team, but Hill was. I tried looking for the new names, but woke up.
    I can't wait to re-live this post on the last game of the season. When it all comes true......

30. The Following User Says Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MunciePacerBabe View Post
    When Danny went down with his injury a few years back (seems like an eternity now), we were all down in the dumps wondering what would happen. PG stepped in after being used very little and look what happened! It would be awesome if S. Hill followed in a similar fashion! He could be our next hidden gem!!!
    I have high hopes for Solo, but he isn't going to come close to replacing what PG did for us. Our best bet is hope Solomon Hill can develop into a good solid rotational player, and start next to PG for the future, and Damjan Rudez proves he can play some minutes off the bench,

Hill
    Hill
    George
    West
    Hibbert

???
    Miles
    Rudez
    Allen/Cope?
    Mahinmi

Or if Rodney Stuckey explodes and looks like the old him then we could also be in business for when PG returns.

I'm expecting big things from Hibbert and Hill this year. Do or die, IMO.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Vogel will be breaking out...in a sweat.

I'm riding the Cope train. If he actually gets minutes, he could be one of the top bench scorers in the league

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm expecting big things from Hibbert and Hill this year. Do or die, IMO.
    Good luck. Hill is going to get smothered with defense. I would not expect too much from him. Hibbert may actually rebound a little now that Lance isn't on the team to push him around mentally.

I'm with you, Melons. It's amazing to me that he doesn't even get a mention. If he gets 25+ minutes, I can see him at least averaging 15 points per game. The guy's offensive arsenal is very impressive to me - complete package. Sure, the standard deviation behind the average might be off the charts for a bit and his percentage may be in the low 40s, but he could be huge for us this year if we use him right. It's really a win-win too because he could be valuable trade bait for when George comes back (if needed).

I hope Vogel is quick to adjust to his new team. We have a big front court that plays great D and a bunch of shooters. We don't have an athletic back court capable of creating their own shots. The inside out game worked for us when we used it last year and I think it even becomes more important this year. I think we need to look back at the offense Orlando used with Shaq, Scott and Anderson. Scott shot a record number of 3's that year. They fed the paint to Shaq and it opened up the perimeter. Larry went out and picked up 2 pure shooters and we still have Copeland. I really hope Vogel keeps a 3 point threat on the court at all times and hopefully 2.I know our perimeter D will suck with that approach but it's going to suck all year anyway.
    With that in mind I think we'll see a big improvement from Hibbert and Copeland and I agree that Miles will never have a better shot at breaking out.

Mood

Breakout?

I think Hibbert is becomes the best C in the east. 16ppg 8 or 9 rpg. Top 3 in bpg.

West and Hill have good years. Miles is 10ppg. The bench is respectable but not great. The Pacers have trouble scoring but play good D. They win 45 games max and more like 41.