Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank them: Charlotte, Indiana, Miami

Default Rank them: Charlotte, Indiana, Miami

I'm interested to see what people think.

Charlotte with Lance

Miami without Lebron

Indy without Lance and PG

Default Re: Rank them: Charlotte, Indiana, Miami

1 Charlotte, 2. Miami, 3. Us:-(

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good question. Hmm...

I unfortuantely have to agree Charlotte, Miami, then us.

With PG.

1- Indy
    2- Miami
    3- Charlotte

Without PG

1- Miami
    2- Charlotte
    3- Indiana

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

we're last, the first two could go either way
    Danger Zone

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Hornets are tough to figure. Really good coach, but losing McBob is going to hurt chemistry and I don't think lance is a good fit there.

Heat 45 wins
    Hornets - 38 wins
    Pacers 35 wins

something like that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this is clear as day.

Miami
    Charlotte
    Indy - without PG.

I actually don't think the Hornets will be as good as some people think, and I don't think we will be as bad (20-30 wins) as others think either. Miami has a nice veteran nucleus with Bosh, Deng and Wade. They just have to watch out for injuries (Wade, Deng, Granger have all had injury issues recently)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I could see the heat win up to 50 games if they stay healthy and Wade plays 70 games or so. I figure he probably won't so predicting 45 wins

I can't see Charlotte being that good, Lance will have no floor spacing to work with like he had here in Indy with West, PG, and Hill. MKG is laughably bad at the 3, and Kemba is below average. If Lance is your best outside shooter in the starting line-up, thats a problem.

1. Heat
    2. Hornets

(Asteroid belt, like what is between Mars and Jupiter)

3. Pacers

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Just projecting here, but I will say:

Charlotte- 48 wins- Jefferson is a STUD! Vonleh, Zeller and Marvin Williams give them guys who can hit 15 footers to complement Al. Kemba and Lance can create and push the ball in transition and Gery Neal can shoot. I think this team is very well put together and will do well.

Miami- 40 wins- They are a 500 team IMO. Chris Bosh is their best player, and Wade is a shell of his former self. They are in the East, which should boost their win totals against Indiana, Boston, and Milwaukee etc, but at the end of the day I think they are firmly behind Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, Toronto and Charlotte. They will battle Atlanta for the 6th/7th spot IMO.

Indiana- 30 wins- Develop Solo Hill, have George Hill and Roy Hibbert get their confidence back and work on integrating Stuckey, CJ Miles and Rudez into the program. Develop a system that works to integrate Paul George seamlessly so he can immediately help us when he comes back. The success or failure of next season will not be determined by wins/losses IMO.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Miami is clearly the best of the group and the gap to the other two is pretty big.

I think Charlotte is probably better than the PG-less Pacers but it's not by a ton.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I don't think the split is as great as many think. I believe it's a toss up, with all three team's winning at least 42 games. Additional injuries will probably determine who gets the nod.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami is clearly the best of the group and the gap to the other two is pretty big.

I think Charlotte is probably better than the PG-less Pacers but it's not by a ton.
    Just wondering what makes Miami "clearly" better than Charlotte? Not sure I follow that logic. IMO Charlotte has the best player between the two teams (although I suppose that is debatable) and MUCH better role players. McRoberts is good for Miami, but look at their point guard situation. There isn't much there behind McBob, Wade and Bosh.

Its Charlotte, Miami and Indiana right now. I say Charlotte wins 45 Miami 40 Pacers 35
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Heat, Hornets, Pacers.

I think the Heat could still win the Atlantic for a top 3 seed
    Hornets and Pacers in their current form both make the Playoffs

Heat and Hornets are in the tier with the Hawks and Raptors, those 4th and 7th best in the conference that could really go anywhere (except the Raptors would have to be the 4 seed). I would put the Wizards alone in the 2nd tier and Cleveland and Chicago in the top tier. Fourth tier would be something like the Knicks, Nets, Pistons, Celtics, and Pacers. Fifth tier is Orlando, Milwaukee, and Philly.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Just wondering what makes Miami "clearly" better than Charlotte? Not sure I follow that logic. IMO Charlotte has the best player between the two teams (although I suppose that is debatable) and MUCH better role players. McRoberts is good for Miami, but look at their point guard situation. There isn't much there behind McBob, Wade and Bosh.
    I think Jefferson is a good player, but not sure he is better than Wade or Bosh. I'm aslo a big fan of Deng. the biggest question is Heat Stars have a history of winning and Hornets are still building to it.

The main problem with me for Charlotte is outside shooting, yea their players are good, but no floor spacing, Lance is their best outside shooter, that is not good.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Bosh is the best player on any of these teams. I love Al Jefferson's post game but Bosh is a more complete player on both sides of the ball.

I think Charlotte is going to be worse than last season. Lance is a really, really bad fit. I don't see a Kemba Walker and Born Ready backcourt working. Both guys think they're the star of that team. Which is both incorrect and a detriment. Losing McRoberts is going to hurt them more than people think. He was only their 3rd best player last year but he was incredibly important to everything they did both offensively and defensively. And they did not replace that. Cody Zeller is terrible. Noah Vonleh is three years from contributing. Marvin Williams can offer some of the shooting but none of the facilitating. I'm a huge Steve Clifford believer. But he's going to have to entirely change his system this year with the personnel changes they've had. And I'm not entirely convinced they'll make it 82 games without Big Al strangling their offseason acquisition.

Chalmers/Wade/Deng/McRoberts/Bosh is a top 4 starting unit in the East. Kemba/Stephenson/MKG/Williams/Jefferson is not. Neither bench is really worth a ****.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Unless David West plays like an MVP and Roy plays like 1st 1/2 of 2013 Roy, we're 3rd.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have Miami way ahead of the both of us but am I the only one that has us being better than Charlotte?

Charlotte's a lot more talented but the pieces just don't fit in my eyes and they'll end up spending most of the season figuring out what works. We have a hole at the SF and a log jam at backup PF but ultimately the roles are pretty defined barring anyone breaking out and that goes a long way.

Hornets could end up being damn good if it all clicks, though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    The main problem with me for Charlotte is outside shooting, yea their players are good, but no floor spacing, Lance is their best outside shooter, that is not good.
    While they are not Golden State, they do have Gary Neal who is a career 40% 3 pt shooter. Gerald Henderson, while not great is also a serviceable shooter as is Lance and Kemba Walker (shot 39% from 3, 84% from the line).

Not sure they are as bad of a shooting team as your post would indicate.

Heat
    Hornets
    Pacers

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think this is clear as day.

Miami
    Charlotte
    Indy - without PG.

I actually don't think the Hornets will be as good as some people think, and I don't think we will be as bad (20-30 wins) as others think either. Miami has a nice veteran nucleus with Bosh, Deng and Wade. They just have to watch out for injuries (Wade, Deng, Granger have all had injury issues recently)
    THANK YOU! I've felt that way for awhile now. I think Lance is a good player, but I never thought he was greatness, and while Charlotte has some pieces, when did they become such a prominent team?!? If Lance isn't the feature of that offense, then, well, you know what will happen.

Oh yeah, Miami, Charlotte, Indy.