Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official 2014-2015 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

Default Official 2014-2015 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

It's early and we don't know much about the prospects in next year's NBA draft. Regardless, I'm ready to start looking at prospects. It's fun and I'm bored.

While I don' think the Pacers will get a top 5 pick, I don't think it's out of the realm to get a top 10 or lottery pick.

One guy that is bound to shoot up draft boards like Lillard and McCollum is Delon Wright.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Delon-Wright-78507/
    6’5" pg (only a 6’7 wingspan though, so Hill has a longer wingspan despite only being 6’2"); however, Wright’s a legit pg.
    Fresh season – 16ppg, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and 1block

He was a Pac-12 All-Defensive First Team choice, so there’s that. Not really finding a lot of info on him though, but that will change with time.

Can’t wait for this kids Soph season!

He has one glaring weakness and that's perimeter shooting. He's said to have put a lot of work on that, so we'll see if he improves there. If Lance can learn to shoot the 3, then I have confidence this kid can.

"That’s the main thing I need to work on (perimeter shooting)," Wright noted. "I’ve been shooting a lot of shots in the gym, and I’m trying to work on my form, release and confidence [in taking those shots]. A lot of teams packed the lane against me because they knew I like to drive to the basket.

*edit* Turns out Wright went to JUCO and those were Junior year numbers. Not as high on the kid now, but could be a great defensive backup pg though. Just not something I think would help the Pacers long term.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 08-06-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Official 2014-2015 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How so? I love talking about prospects. Maybe cause I love college ball.

May as well get started cause this Pacer squad is probably going to the lottery.

Now really free Lance!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Until January we are not going to know where we are at or where the lottery prospect will be at. Embiid shot up the draft board and came out of no where. Westbrook as well. Paul George as well.

I will say this. Everyone says that there isn't a franchise player in this draft. But there were some players who didn't come out because the thoughts that this year's draft was stacked. I think this draft will be full of surprises.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    It's early and we don't know much about the prospects in next year's NBA draft. Regardless, I'm ready to start looking at prospects. It's fun and I'm bored.

While I don' think the Pacers will get a top 5 pick, I don't think it's out of the realm to get a top 10 or lottery pick.

One guy that is bound to shoot up draft boards like Lillard and McCollum is Delon Wright.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Delon-Wright-78507/
    6í5" pg (only a 6í7 wingspan though, so Hill has a longer wingspan despite only being 6í2"); however, Wrightís a legit pg.
    Fresh season Ė 16ppg, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and 1block

He was a Pac-12 All-Defensive First Team choice, so thereís that. Not really finding a lot of info on him though, but that will change with time.

Canít wait for this kids Soph season!

He has one glaring weakness and that's perimeter shooting. He's said to have put a lot of work on that, so we'll see if he improves there. If Lance can learn to shoot the 3, then I have confidence this kid can.

"Thatís the main thing I need to work on (perimeter shooting)," Wright noted. "Iíve been shooting a lot of shots in the gym, and Iím trying to work on my form, release and confidence [in taking those shots]. A lot of teams packed the lane against me because they knew I like to drive to the basket.
    Delon will be a senior not a Sophmore. He went the JUCO route and was one of the best JUCO kids in the nation.

Delon is not the best of NBA prospects due to his lack of lateral quickness, but no doubt he is a leader, and has a very good feel for the game. His jumper is like he noted not good.

This class has a lot of size. Much stronger in that department than last season. I also like a few euros. Nikola Milutinov is a name that comes to mind he played to twin tower role with Nikola Jokic for the Serbian National team. The Sebs put something in the water so many skilled bigs.

A lot of swingmen in the draft who I think can take the next step. I really like Justice Winslow he is headed to Duke.

pg is the one spot that scares me in this draft outside of Mudiay not much. still so early kind of crazy to talk strengths and weaknesses of a draft 10 months out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see nothing wrong with the thread. If you don't want to think or talk about potential pro prospects for next year that is fine. Others do, so the thread is appropriate IMO.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Stanley Johnson. Ron Artest but stable and a winner. A player who can defend and free up PG.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Stanley Johnson. Ron Artest but stable and a winner. A player who can defend and free up PG.
    Yes I love Stwn he cand Ronde will be a terror at Arizona.

Mood

It looks like this upcoming draft will be filled with young bigs. I am anxious to see guys like Karl Towns and Okafor play. Ben Simmons in the 2016 class will be an absolute beast IMO.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Caris LeVert SG Michigan Jr

I don't believe that we will be a lottery team in the east, at least not a high lottery team. We will be anywhere from a 6th seed to pick 10ish max. I think Caris fits our team and will fall right in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Delon will be a senior not a Sophmore. He went the JUCO route and was one of the best JUCO kids in the nation.

Delon is not the best of NBA prospects due to his lack of lateral quickness, but no doubt he is a leader, and has a very good feel for the game. His jumper is like he noted not good.

This class has a lot of size. Much stronger in that department than last season. I also like a few euros. Nikola Milutinov is a name that comes to mind he played to twin tower role with Nikola Jokic for the Serbian National team. The Sebs put something in the water so many skilled bigs.

A lot of swingmen in the draft who I think can take the next step. I really like Justice Winslow he is headed to Duke.

pg is the one spot that scares me in this draft outside of Mudiay not much. still so early kind of crazy to talk strengths and weaknesses of a draft 10 months out.
    That definitely makes me think twice about Wright as a prospect. I wondered how a guy could put up those numbers and still be a late 1st or 2nd.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aiq24 View Post
    Caris LeVert SG Michigan Jr

I don't believe that we will be a lottery team in the east, at least not a high lottery team. We will be anywhere from a 6th seed to pick 10ish max. I think Caris fits our team and will fall right in that area.
    LeVert is a love hate thing for me. He looks great in the Michigan offense. I have a few issues with his footwork. This year will be a big year. If Belien can't fix his foot work issue not sure I would gamble on my staff fixing them.

He is a right pivot foot guy only and doesn't read the defense. That is a big issue in my eyes.

I think if you are expecting a top 10 pick you will be disappointed... Or happy... I don't know which you prefer . I see us getting a pick in the 14-18 range. My guess would be 15, since thats what the 8th seed in the East had last season

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I think if you are expecting a top 10 pick you will be disappointed... Or happy... I don't know which you prefer . I see us getting a pick in the 14-18 range. My guess would be 15, since thats what the 8th seed in the East had last season
    You think the Pacers will be over or under 35 wins? I think they will be around 30 wins.

Just for reference, 35 wins or less last season was a top 10 pick. I don't think it's gonna be that difficult. The Pacers will get a top 5 pick though, they won't be that bad.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    not fun but unfortunately the only thing that will matter.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

This is just freakin nuts. To go from a contender for 2 years to lottery pick talk is unfreakinreal. To have the best starting 5 in the league and worrying about bench improvement and possibly an improvement at the starting pg position to thinking about lottery pick is just freakin messed up. Unbelievable, but this is where we are. I'm gonna go puke now.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

You think the Pacers will be over or under 35 wins? I think they will be around 30 wins.

Just for reference, 35 wins or less last season was a top 10 pick. I don't think it's gonna be that difficult. The Pacers will get a top 5 pick though, they won't be that bad.
    I'd bet that the Pacers will win over 35 games next year.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

excited about the possibility of getting a quality big with upside, I think that would be wonderful for this young team, even if we are not in the lottery we could still have the opportunity to add a guy like Brice Johnson or Montrez Harrell...
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I'd bet that the Pacers will win over 35 games next year.
    Me too.

Man, aint no way we end up in the lottery.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Man, aint no way we end up in the lottery.
    So which of these teams are we better than? Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington, Miami, New York Knicks, Brooklyn?

Assuming those teams are now healthy I really see us POTENTIALLY being better than the Knicks, and that is very debatable. I think 28-33 wins is realistic.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    So which of these teams are we better than? Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington, Miami, New York Knicks, Brooklyn?

Assuming those teams are now healthy I really see us POTENTIALLY being better than the Knicks, and that is very debatable. I think 28-33 wins is realistic.
    Orlando may even be better than us if their young guys improve.
    Why so SERIOUS

If I had to guess I would say 43-39 will be the Pacers record.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Orlando may even be better than us if their young guys improve.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if that were the case. My point was that it is very possible that all of the teams I listed will be better than the Pacers (I know the Knicks and Nets are debatable, but does anyone really believe we are head and shoulders above either?).

Our CEILING is probably the 8th seed and the basement is probably the 11th or 12 place team in the east. By my count that puts us with somewhere in the 28-38 wins region.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if that were the case. My point was that it is very possible that all of the teams I listed will be better than the Pacers (I know the Knicks and Nets are debatable, but does anyone really believe we are head and shoulders above either?).

Our CEILING is probably the 8th seed and the basement is probably the 11th or 12 place team in the east. By my count that puts us with somewhere in the 28-38 wins region.
    Yeah, I am agreeing with you, just throwing another name into the hat... Detroit could have a chance as well...

Thing is even if we are better than some of those teams, we are in a hard division... Toronto, Cavs, Bulls, could really hurt us going forward in the season.
    Why so SERIOUS

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post: