Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 302

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

  1. #26

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Latimer left for the NFL. Am I wrong about that? If so, who am I thinking of?

    Also, will the defense be able to stop anyone?
    Yea Latimer was a 2nd round draft pick, I am just pointing out how our talent is improving recently, and our defense will still be below average, just hopefully not incredibly awful.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    I forget where I saw this, somewhere on Twitter. Some sports news site listed the Sudfeld/Coleman/Wynn trio as one of the 3-5 best in the QB/RB/WR combos in the country. So, there's that.

  4. #28
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,250

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    It appears IU won a Canadian basketball game now... by 10 points or so...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears IU won a Canadian basketball game now... by 10 points or so...
    Thr team they played yesterday is an elite team. They have beat some great programs including Syracuse. They are a powerhouse in Canada. You should probably do some research on their history before making a comment like that.

  6. #30
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,250

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thr team they played yesterday is an elite team. They have beat some great programs including Syracuse. They are a powerhouse in Canada. You should probably do some research on their history before making a comment like that.
    Huh? I said (it appears) they won a Canadian basketball game now by about 10 points or so. Is that not accurate? I have no idea who they played other than I know they lost their fist Canadian exhibition game and from what I gathered on the radio they've won one now so I mentioned it (since it hadn't already been mentioned).

    What is there to research and why should I research it before "making a comment like that"?

    Truthfully, other than posting it as a FYI, I don't even care who they play and beat or lose to in Canada. It's exhibition basketball. It almost means less than nothing. Nothing changes my opinion that Crean sucks and certainly not any exhibition basketball games of this nature will change that.
    Last edited by Bball; 08-12-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    In its first game, IU beat Laval 110-70. The second game was a 109-101 loss to Ottawa. The third game was a 95-85 win over Carleton. Tonight IU beat McGill (haven't checked the score). The final game is tomorrow.

  9. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In its first game, IU beat Laval 110-70. The second game was a 109-101 loss to Ottawa. The third game was a 95-85 win over Carleton. Tonight IU beat McGill (haven't checked the score). The final game is tomorrow.
    Are there any box scores or game summaries available anywhere?

  10. #33
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? I said (it appears) they won a Canadian basketball game now by about 10 points or so. Is that not accurate? I have no idea who they played other than I know they lost their fist Canadian exhibition game and from what I gathered on the radio they've won one now so I mentioned it (since it hadn't already been mentioned).

    What is there to research and why should I research it before "making a comment like that"?

    Truthfully, other than posting it as a FYI, I don't even care who they play and beat or lose to in Canada. It's exhibition basketball. It almost means less than nothing. Nothing changes my opinion that Crean sucks and certainly not any exhibition basketball games of this nature will change that.
    He just wants to show that he knows more than we do.

  11. #34
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Saying a Canadian college team is a powerhouse is like saying that Carmel high school wins a lot of state titles, it may be true, but it doesn't mean IU should lose to them.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saying a Canadian college team is a powerhouse is like saying that Carmel high school wins a lot of state titles, it may be true, but it doesn't mean IU should lose to them.
    Comparing HS to college is an unfair comparison. Carleton is a legit college program with college players. They have only lost 1 game in the last 4 years. No the team wouldn't win a NCAA national championship but they can compete with NCAA D1 teams.

  13. #36
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comparing HS to college is an unfair comparison. Carleton is a legit college program with college players. They have only lost 1 game in the last 4 years. No the team wouldn't win a NCAA national championship but they can compete with NCAA D1 teams.
    No they wouldn't. They shot 18/30 from 3 in that game. Two of their players were 13/16 combined from 3. That's not happening consistently in D1 basketball.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 08-13-2014 at 02:16 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #37

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they wouldn't. They shot 18/30 from 3 in that game. Two of their players were 13/16 combined from 3. That's not happening consistently in D1 basketball.
    They beat Wisconsin by 13 last summer and took Syracuse to overtime.

  15. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They beat Wisconsin by 13 last summer and took Syracuse to overtime.
    Not to mention 10 of the last 12 championships in Canada and taking legit D1 recruits from potential colleges. Canada is starting to get players. Toronto is a hot bed right now. I talked with AAU coaches based out of TOR while working Bonnies camp. It is big time!

  16. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Regardless of whether the competition would have won the NCAA or finished at the bottom of the Big Ten, the point is the Hoosiers took care of business well on this trip.

    Kudos to them.

  17. #40
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    If nothing else, it looks like the team will be more fun to watch this year. JOB will be proud of the number of three pointers they are about to launch.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  19. #41
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They beat Wisconsin by 13 last summer and took Syracuse to overtime.
    Wisconsin with a 24 second shot clock sounds like the train wreck of the century

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #42
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to mention 10 of the last 12 championships in Canada and taking legit D1 recruits from potential colleges. Canada is starting to get players. Toronto is a hot bed right now. I talked with AAU coaches based out of TOR while working Bonnies camp. It is big time!
    Ok since you're trying to flex your big hipster Canadian basketball knowledge and impress us, please enlighten me to all these legit D1 recruits they've been taking from potential colleges.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok since you're trying to flex your big hipster Canadian basketball knowledge and impress us, please enlighten me to all these legit D1 recruits they've been taking from potential colleges.
    Philip Scrubb was one of the best players I saw at Adidas camp 2 months ago. He is clearly a D1 level player, and probably a high major player. The team plays a lot like Belmont does. Anyone who watches Belmont will tell you that style of play can win.

    Again the team wouldn't be a world beater at the high major level they would be able to compete with the high majors and could really compete at the mid major level.



    Not that it matters. I was just pointing out a 10 point win vs that team is a good win.

  23. #44
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    I can't find that guy's name on any of the major recruiting sites from when he would have been in high school. And that is what I mean when you say legit D1 dudes, maybe this guy has had a good career there, but has that school gotten anyone that was a D1 prospect? He doesn't show up anywhere on Scout from 2010 or 2011 which I'm guessing would have been his senior year based on his birthday.

    Anyway IU closed out the rest of the tour the way they should by destroying every other team.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 08-14-2014 at 01:48 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  24. #45
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Former Oregon signee Ray Kasongo is visiting IU. Goodman of ESPN says we are the frontrunners. I think he's a big man.

  25. #46
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Former Oregon signee Ray Kasongo is visiting IU. Goodman of ESPN says we are the frontrunners. I think he's a big man.
    What the hell do you have to do to be denied admission to Oregon?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  26. #47
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the hell do you have to do to be denied admission to Oregon?
    Is that what happened with him? I have no idea, I really haven't followed recruiting much at all lately.

  27. #48
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,021

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the hell do you have to do to be denied admission to Oregon?
    Wear Adidas.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #49
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that what happened with him? I have no idea, I really haven't followed recruiting much at all lately.
    According the one story I've read about him.

    I don't care enough to verify it's accuracy.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  30. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the hell do you have to do to be denied admission to Oregon?
    Go duck hunting?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •