Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,249 of 1249

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

  1. #1226

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't see; banners are in the way.
    Good one sir

  2. #1227
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Purdue game really showed why Hanner is such a crucial piece to our team, he brings legit size. Luckily he should be back by the time Purdue comes to AH.
    If this sentence is written about your team, you are in deep ****.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #1228

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this sentence is written about your team, you are in deep ****.
    He isn't that bad. He was averaging 7.4 PPG and 5.0 RPG while shooting 62% from the floor. Big men is obviously the weakness of our team, and I would love to add Thomas Bryant and have him come start next season, but I don't see Perea as some horrible big man.
    Welcome back George Hill!

  5. #1229
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He isn't that bad. He was averaging 7.4 PPG and 5.0 RPG while shooting 62% from the floor. Big men is obviously the weakness of our team, and I would love to add Thomas Bryant and have him come start next season, but I don't see Perea as some horrible big man.
    I'm not saying he's horrible; I'm saying you are in deep **** if he is a crucial part of your team.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  7. #1230
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,807

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying he's horrible; I'm saying you are in deep **** if he is a crucial part of your team.
    Any team is in deep shyte if Tom Crean is the coach...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #1231

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Out of curiosity, if not Tom Crean who would you guys want as coach...within reason?

  9. #1232

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    IU needs a legit big man so badly.

  10. #1233
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of curiosity, if not Tom Crean who would you guys want as coach...within reason?
    Archie Miller?

  11. #1234

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Woooo that was an angry dunk. Seen a few of those today ( because sitting on my fat *** all day watching basketball )

  12. #1235

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Archie Miller?
    That's an interesting choice I was not expecting.

  13. #1236
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's an interesting choice I was not expecting.
    I don't consider Brad Stevens to be realistic, if that's the choice you were expecting

  14. #1237

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't consider Brad Stevens to be realistic, if that's the choice you were expecting
    Lol well I was just about to post this before I read your reply


    I don't think Stevens will be given.enough time to bring Boston back to prominence. IU is perfect for Stevens.


    Lol I almost posted that and then Butler started doing Butler things in this game right now.

  15. #1238

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    I should have known better than to let them suck me back in after the Maryland game.


    This team is so poorly coached. It's so obvious watching them play.

  16. #1239
    here's to orgies Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,287

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    guys, Rutgers @ home? we need the RPI help, c'mon.

  17. #1240

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    2 wins in the RPI 50 is not bad for PU. We have another lined up on the 4th if we take care of business today.

  18. #1241

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should have known better than to let them suck me back in after the Maryland game.


    This team is so poorly coached. It's so obvious watching them play.
    We have to have one of the most negative fan bases i swear. Either that or the negative people just come to this board.
    Welcome back George Hill!

  19. #1242

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IU needs a legit big man so badly.
    We miss Hanner Mosquera-Perea at times badly. I think people underestimate how much he did for us, especially as far as defending the rim.
    Welcome back George Hill!

  20. #1243
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have to have one of the most negative fan bases i swear. Either that or the negative people just come to this board.
    You know what's even more annoying? People complaining about other peoples' opinions. Sorry we do not share your sunny outlook on this team/program. Oh, and it's not just this board, and it's not just IU fans that are like this.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #1244

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Anyway I think we underestimated Rutgers as a team, and then they got HOT from 3 in the second half. I think that one dude for them hit 4 in a row or something? Win is a win in the B1G. 16-6 and 6-3 in the conference.
    Welcome back George Hill!

  23. #1245

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have to have one of the most negative fan bases i swear. Either that or the negative people just come to this board.
    We're a very unique fanbase, no question. I'm not sure I've ever seen one that can be divided into such distinct parts:

    1) The "old-timers" that want Bobby back, and if not him, then someone who played for him or spent five minutes talking to him once because any connection to Knight guarantees success and a return to prominence.

    2) The middle-aged fans who have seen IU win big, and while realizing the game has changed, they understand IU still has the tools to compete with the top programs in college hoops if the right coach is in place. Sadly, this hasn't been the case since 2000.

    3) The college age and under crowd who thinks guys like Cody Zeller, DJ White and Yogi Ferrell are some of the best Hoosiers ever and can't understand why the older fans aren't happy with making the tournament and being competitive every year. These are the fans who find it very difficult to tolerate opinions that don't agree with their own, and blame the program's stagnant nature on the older fans for voicing their frustrations in places designed for that very purpose.


    I have no problem saying IU isn't an elite program anymore and hasn't been for some time. That doesn't mean it won't ever be that way again, but if you're going to try and excuse that performance we saw today (remember, this coach has lost at home to Penn State and Northwestern multiple times as well), then you can't say that IU deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as programs like Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky, etc.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  25. #1246

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what's even more annoying? People complaining about other peoples' opinions. Sorry we do not share your sunny outlook on this team/program. Oh, and it's not just this board, and it's not just IU fans that are like this.
    Isn't that that the entire point of boards? To discuss our opinions? Or would you prefer if I disagree with your opinion to not comment on it?

    My point is 3 games ago Crean was doing a great job with this team and I fail to see how ANYONE could argue against it. Now this team is so incredibly poorly coached and its horrible we ever had faith in them? Really?
    Welcome back George Hill!

  26. #1247

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're a very unique fanbase, no question. I'm not sure I've ever seen one that can be divided into such distinct parts:

    1) The "old-timers" that want Bobby back, and if not him, then someone who played for him or spent five minutes talking to him once because any connection to Knight guarantees success and a return to prominence.

    2) The middle-aged fans who have seen IU win big, and while realizing the game has changed, they understand IU still has the tools to compete with the top programs in college hoops if the right coach is in place. Sadly, this hasn't been the case since 2000.

    3) The college age and under crowd who thinks guys like Cody Zeller, DJ White and Yogi Ferrell are some of the best Hoosiers ever and can't understand why the older fans aren't happy with making the tournament and being competitive every year. These are the fans who find it very difficult to tolerate opinions that don't agree with their own, and blame the program's stagnant nature on the older fans for voicing their frustrations in places designed for that very purpose.


    I have no problem saying IU isn't an elite program anymore and hasn't been for some time. That doesn't mean it won't ever be that way again, but if you're going to try and excuse that performance we saw today (remember, this coach has lost at home to Penn State and Northwestern multiple times as well), then you can't say that IU deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as programs like Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky, etc.
    I can definitely excuse a poor performance if we win... I mean hasn't Kentucky had a few of those already? Yet no one cares because they won. If we lost I would be pissed as much as you would, but we won.
    Welcome back George Hill!

  27. #1248
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can definitely excuse a poor performance if we win... I mean hasn't Kentucky had a few of those already? Yet no one cares because they won. If we lost I would be pissed as much as you would, but we won.
    You know who cared at the time about those crappy wins? Kentucky fans. I implore you to read a Kentucky messageboard when they struggle.

  28. #1249
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2014-15

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't that that the entire point of boards? To discuss our opinions? Or would you prefer if I disagree with your opinion to not comment on it?

    My point is 3 games ago Crean was doing a great job with this team and I fail to see how ANYONE could argue against it. Now this team is so incredibly poorly coached and its horrible we ever had faith in them? Really?
    I would have argued against it. I still will. Three games ago you wanted to shower Crean with praise when in reality, they beat a fading Maryland team by hitting 70% of their three point shots. This team is what it is. They lost to Eastern Washington in Assembly Hall. They have "overachieved" in part because the Big Ten isn't nearly as strong as it has been in recent years.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •