Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

  1. #1

    Default So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    I mean, I know we're over the cap right? But is there a way we can sign anybody else or can we make a trade? I know Marion is out there. I don't know about you guys but I'd rather get an 8 seed than a high draft pick. I think team confidence/chemistry are underrated and getting into the playoffs would do great for those aspects and especially for the following year when PG comes back. But, what are our options for now?

  2. #2
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,392

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Came across this:

    Disabled Player Exception

    Allows a team that is over the cap to acquire a replacement for a disabled player who will be out for either the remainder of that season (for in-season injuries/deaths) or the next season (if the disability occurs during the offseason). The maximum salary of the replacement player is either 50% of the injured player's salary, or the mid-level exception for a non-taxpaying team, whichever is less. This exception requires an NBA-designated doctor to verify the extent of the injury. Under the 2005 CBA, a team could sign a player under this exception for five years; the 2011 CBA now allows this only for one year.

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    what's the point? one of the best players In the world is done for the year. there's no replacing him.

    play the season out as is. if you have young guys give them minutes. the best thing the pacers can hope for now is a top 5 lottery pick.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    team confidence and chemistry is overrated.
    really is. especially when it comes to basketball.

    give yourself another REAL talent next to PG for next year or get swept by the cavs or bulls?

    let's be serious

  7. #5

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came across this:
    Thx for this......

  8. #6

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    team confidence and chemistry is overrated.
    really is. especially when it comes to basketball.

    give yourself another REAL talent next to PG for next year or get swept by the cavs or bulls?

    let's be serious
    I just disagree.......

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just disagree.......
    the nba isn't the nhl or NFL. you can't win being in the middle of the pack.

    there's nothing worse than being in the middle in the NBA. you have 0% shot at doing anything

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the nba isn't the nhl or NFL. you can't win being in the middle of the pack.

    there's nothing worse than being in the middle in the NBA. you have 0% shot at doing anything
    ...except that's exactly where the Pacers already were in 2010 and 2011. So...there goes that myth.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...except that's exactly where the Pacers already were in 2010 and 2011. So...there goes that myth.
    what's your point?

    they either stay in the middle and try to be the 8 seed just to get slaughtered by the real teams...

    or they play to win the lottery. which they should.

  15. #10
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    what exactly did they accomplish in those seasons? not a damn thing

  16. #11
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what's your point?

    they either stay in the middle and try to be the 8 seed just to get slaughtered by the real teams...

    or they play to win the lottery. which they should.
    They were slaughtered by Chicago in the #8 spot in 2011 and the next year they were in the 2nd round and a year after that game 7 of the conference finals.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what exactly did they accomplish in those seasons? not a damn thing
    As I said, there was significant improvement every year after 2011 with no major lottery additions, so apparently they accomplished something...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    I didn't know getting to game 7 in a weak *** conference was an accomplishment. and how long did it take? 3 years? SMH at some of your standards of winning.

    sorry but championships are all that matter. without George they have no shot. winning 35 games and getting blown out does nothing for chemistry. adding true talent does

  20. #14
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know getting to game 7 in a weak *** conference was an accomplishment. and how long did it take? 3 years? SMH at some of your standards of winning.
    at this.

    Let me know what decade Boston plans to be competitive again. Their last forray into tanking went horribly until they were inexplicably bailed out by two teams in a hurry to unload a pair of hall of famers. They can stockpile draft picks all they want, but they have to get lucky enough to stumble on to a superstar for it to make any difference. It's a lot harder than it sounds.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    at this.

    Let me know what decade Boston plans to be competitive again. Their last forray into tanking went horribly until they were inexplicably bailed out by two teams in a hurry to unload a pair of hall of famers.
    typical stat. changes the subject cause he's
    has no ammo.

    next person up?

  23. #16
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    you just said taking the eventual champions to 7 games wasn't an accomplishment because the conference was bad. There's no real discussion to be had with that sort of twisted logic.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    and LMAO at a pistons fan going after the celtics for their management.

  26. #18
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you just said taking the eventual champions to 7 games wasn't an accomplishment because the conference was bad. There's no real discussion to be had with that sort of twisted logic.
    it did nothing for their growth. how were the all mighty "taking the eventual champs to game 7" last season?

  27. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it did nothing for their growth. how were the all mighty "taking the eventual champs to game 7" last season?
    They won 56 games with realtively the same roster that won 49 a year ago and 42 the season before that. They could easily have won 60 if their chemistry didn't fail them mid-season.

    Oh right...you think chemistry is make-believe, too.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won 56 games with the same roster that won 49 a year ago and 42 the season before that. They could easily have won 60 if their chemistry didn't fail them.
    Oh right...you think chemistry is make-believe, too.

    coulda woulda shoulda blah blah blah.

    they could have went undefeated but the fact remains.. they lost in the same way they did the year prior. no growth. zero. none.

    are you saying regular season wins mean more than how far you advance in the post season?

    I know Detroit never wins titles in anything anymore but are you really serious with this bs?

  30. #21
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,392

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and LMAO at a pistons fan going after the celtics for their management.
    What does being a fan of a certain team have to do with someone's ability to judge another team's management? So because he's a fan of a certain team you believe has made poor management decisions means that he cannot judge or assess anyone else? That's about the stupidest thing I've read here all off-season.

  31. #22
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,130

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I know Detroit never wins titles in anything anymore but are you really serious with this bs?
    Yeah....our last championship came allllllllllllll the way back in 2008. A whole 6-year drought. We're basically the new Cleveland.

    BTW, the Pistons over your lifetime have been a more successful franchise than the Celtics.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  32. #23
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,115
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    Funny that a Celtics fan telling us to tank. How did that help with KD? Or Tim Duncan? Or getting a Bias?

    If you think the ONLY success is to win it all, you are unrealistic bandwagon fan. I would consider taking the Bulls to five competitive games four years ago as a success after JOB.

    I consider game 7 ECF considering the best scorer went down with an injury two years ago.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  34. #24
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    the only success is winning it all.

    unless your local team has screwed it up so bad that you haven't won a championship in 60 years

    every year the colts lost was a failure.

    every year the pats lost it was a failure.

    you've had one of the top nba teams the past few years and failed each time. the point of playing is to WIN THE WHOLE THING.

    shocked at some of the responses
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-02-2014 at 12:25 PM.

  35. #25

    Default Re: So Can We Get Anybody Else?

    who are you and why are you here?

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •