Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 180 Turn: 2014-2015 Season Expectations and Thoughts

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 180 Turn: 2014-2015 Season Expectations and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be hammered right now if I drank alcohol...soda is my alternative...
    I'm too depressed to drink.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Honestly, after the initial shock has subsided since the news hit, in regards to my feelings and thoughts on the team moving forward are as follows..

Untill Paul is 100% healed and taken ample time to rehab both physically AND mentally ;
    this Pacer's team will of course be serious underdogs in the East... especially this upcoming season... no question about it...

With regards to this season,I believe THIS team will use Paul George as inspiration to play surprisingly well in his absence and "hold the fort" so to speak..
    I think alot of guys will really step it up. But for the moment I am only going to comment on a few of our players ..

I see Roy playing inspired basketball playing like a Hibba on a Mission.. I think he will play and have his best offensive AND defensive season of his career... Mark this down now..

I see George Hill also being more agressive and playing like we KNOW he is capable of doing...

Solomon Hill ---- This is his big moment to show both the Coaching Staff/Pacers Front Office ... and the Pacers fans what he has learned over this last year.. With him more than likely getting a massive increase in playtime all at once , this is is time to show what he is capable of... I personally think he will shock alot of people on how good he really is given the play-time he will get this year... I can see him becoming eerily similar of a player as Danny Granger ..
    LET US HOPE ....

I think David West will step it up as well in scoring .. I can see him going from 15ppg avg .. up to 17ppg ... Other than that he will play at the same level he does for us in other areas...

CJ Miles will be a pleasant surprise for us this year.. He will be a nice spot up 3pt shooter we can run some good sets for ..

Damajan Rudez .... I have viewed ALOT of games and youtube clips of his since hearing Bird signed him ... This guy is a phenomenal 3pt shooter.. Not only that, but his handle and footwork is really good.. He moves like a shooting guard to get his shot off.. If he gets significant playtime,and his game and talent transition well to the NBA .. I think we just got our Kyle Korver/Peja type of player for this Pacers team........... A definite good thing..

Stuckey ... I have my doubts about him.... BUT .. maybe he will prove everyone wrong and not only buy into our system of defense and whatever offensive system Vogel implements this year, but revitalize his career here... Yea it is a longshot, but considering the devastating news we got about Paul tonight, the basketball gods OWE the Pacers a few silver linings... So who knows... Stranger things have happened...

I look for Copeland to get meaningful minutes this year , and I believe he WILL play well for us and show WHY Bird signed him in the first place...

Also... I think we will still make the playoffs this year ... It may be 7th or 8th seed, but we will make it...

I gotta be one of the few sunshiners here on the darkest night... The more positive energy you send out into the world, the more likely of a better outcome. This applies to everything in one's life .... I truly believe this, even though I sometimes falter in the positivity department from time to time...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Just hoping we win the lottery now and land the best PG in the draft whomever that may be.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Next seasons over. Likely the one after that as well. Could be 5 years before this team fully recovers. Right now just complete disbelief.

I fully expect Bird will call Dwest in and ask him what he wants to do. Dwest is probably traded to charlotte or wherever for youth. Hibberts probably gone. Hill for whatever we can get.

Back to the ******* lottery.

Sad.

What hurts most is seeing PG's career potentially devastated. Robbed the joy of watching this young man blossom into a true superstar. Selfish to say but as a Pacer fan a kid like PG comes along maybe once a decade only if were lucky.

Just feels like the next 5 years of Pacers basketball is gone. I see the cap room but who the hell wants to come play in Indiana. Complete rebuild. I doubt Bird sticks around for it.

This is by far one of the saddest days ever experienced as a Pacers fan. Other than Reggie retiring, nothing comes close. Brawl a distant third.

I think im gonna need some time with this one. Step away from PD for awhile. Its going to be a brutal season as a Pacers fan.

God Bless.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly don't care if the team loses every game in PG's absense. All that matters is his recovery and well being.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RyanPelley For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fellas, may be cheering for the lakers part time next season.. never in million lifetimes did i ever envision those words being said.

Enjoy LA & Kobe; Big Roy, DWEST. Good Luck.

* Hopefully UK Wildcat fans buy Fieldhouse tickets to see Julius Randle in a pacers jersey. Makes too much sense for both teams not to & saves Kareem flight miles.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 08-02-2014 at 05:50 AM.

We've lost our 2 most talented players in a little over 2 weeks. My wish would be that we make something out of this season by trading some combination of Hill, Hibbert, and West to build something for the long-term and treat this season as a transition year to build around PG moving forward. We should be sellers in a buyers' market now. This core may have already reached its potential even before losing its 2 young stars, anyway.

My expectation is that Bird will instead go with a valiant and pointless goal of mediocrity in hopes of a lower playoff seed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Chillout For This Useful Post:

There's a wise saying: "never get too high, never get too low". I wouldn't say the season is over already. Yeah, we're most likely going to lose a few spots, but in spite of that I fully expect us to finish somewhere around 4th and 6th seed in the East after the regular season. We just need some serious collective effort now.

In any case, first of all, we're all hoping for the best possible recovery for Paul, of course.

Not that I'm trying to shed any positive light on PG's injury, but I think with low expectations this team will go out and just have fun and come out stronger in the long run. My eyes are going to be glued on Solomon Hill.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Evan_The_Dude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post
    We've lost our 2 most talented players in a little over 2 weeks. My wish would be that we make something out of this season by trading some combination of Hill, Hibbert, and West to build something for the long-term and treat this season as a transition year to build around PG moving forward. We should be sellers in a buyers' market now. This core may have already reached its potential even before losing its 2 young stars, anyway.

My expectation is that Bird will instead go with a valiant and pointless goal of mediocrity in hopes of a lower playoff seed.
    As I gather my thoughts amidst our shared devastation and sadness, I home in on David West as the top trade candidate. Larry will do him right and trade him to a Western Conference team. For now, I'll let others ponder who that team might be.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Mood

We lost our two best players and our future franchise pieces (Lance and PG) in a matter of two weeks. We are ****ed next year and into the future.

After this year, Roy and West can opt out, which I expect them too for sure now.

I say we win 30 games next year.

I don't see how we are going to score the ball. Hill isn't agressive enough on a consistent basis, Roy is Roy, and West is aging.

@Pacers24Colts12

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    As I gather my thoughts amidst our shared devastation and sadness, I home in on David West as the top trade candidate. Larry will do him right and trade him to a Western Conference team. For now, I'll let others ponder who that team might be.

First of all I sure hope PG "just" has a bad fracture. That can heal. It will take a season off to do it but that would be best for him. This could turnout for the best long term as other players will get experience. Heck everyone on the board including me had lowered expectations anyway. With PG out this could turn into a SA type down year and the Pacers getting another very good player to pair with PG and at mid-season I could see a trade of on West or Hibbert for a high draft pick and player.

One thing we will NOT see is Copeland playing.(green)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

21. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RyanPelley View Post
    I honestly don't care if the team loses every game in PG's absense. All that matters is his recovery and well being.
    I agree with this 100%. PG's health is my top concern. As long as the players don't give up on themselves, I don't care if we lose 50 games.

If Larry chooses to break it up, I'd be hurt because it would probably be triggered by a set back in PG's recovery.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

First and foremost, I want Paul to recover and take his time doing so. That was one of the worst sports injuries I have ever seen.

Secondly, I think we insert cj miles in the starting lineup, move Watson to your starting pg, and move hill to sg. That team could squeeze into the playoffs IMO.

Without going through every post for the answer, there is absolutely no chance he plays this season, right?

Finally, bold prediction: George hill will be our leading scorer next season.

Ugh.... Get well soon Paul!!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    First of all I sure hope PG "just" has a bad fracture. That can heal. It will take a season off to do it but that would be best for him. This could turnout for the best long term as other players will get experience. Heck everyone on the board including me had lowered expectations anyway. With PG out this could turn into a SA type down year and the Pacers getting another very good player to pair with PG and at mid-season I could see a trade of on West or Hibbert for a high draft pick and player.

One thing we will NOT see is Copeland playing.(green)

Did you see how the other players reacted? At minimum he is out for the year. The fact that even after he was taken away they STOPPED the game, they don't do that for a normal injury. They are all saying thins like "our prayers go out to Paul" That sounds like a career ending injury. If I believed in Karma I would say this last two weeks was our Karma for dumping Danny.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    If I believed in Karma I would say this last two weeks was our Karma for dumping Danny.
    lol

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Did you see how the other players reacted? At minimum he is out for the year. The fact that even after he was taken away they STOPPED the game, they don't do that for a normal injury. They are all saying thins like "our prayers go out to Paul" That sounds like a career ending injury. If I believed in Karma I would say this last two weeks was our Karma for dumping Danny.
    He had surgery and is expected to be out 6 months. However he might as well sit out the year. A fracture can completely heal where as blown out knee can never be the same.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    First and foremost, I want Paul to recover and take his time doing so. That was one of the worst sports injuries I have ever seen.

Secondly, I think we insert cj miles in the starting lineup, move Watson to your starting pg, and move hill to sg. That team could squeeze into the playoffs IMO.

Without going through every post for the answer, there is absolutely no chance he plays this season, right?

Finally, bold prediction: George hill will be our leading scorer next season.

Ugh.... Get well soon Paul!!
    This is the best case scenario right here. Hibbert will be the focal point of our offense, but everyone will recognize that and smother him constantly. If we are to have any success this year, George Hill has to step up big time. Personally I agree that the best way to facilitate that is put Watson next to him. But even if he stays at the 1, he needs to be AGGRESSIVE all day, every day.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

When one of your top players has a compound fracture (ie, the bone is sticking out for everyone to see) in a freaking exhibition, you stop the game. Reports are the surgery went well and there wasn't any ancillary damage, so it didn't mess with the knee. He's young and in good health, has a good frame (unlike a Shaun Livingston, who's always been a stick). I don't see any reason to believe this is career threatening.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Get well, PG. That's all that matters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    The more positive energy you send out into the world, the more likely of a better outcome. This applies to everything in one's life .... I truly believe this, even though I sometimes falter in the positivity department from time to time...
    I completely agree with this.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 08-02-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Can someone clarify ? Reading this stuff I'm not sure what to think. Isn't this a broken leg where he'll lose a season?!???

lets get a grip here jeez!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

I believe he should stay out the season. Even though it may be "healed" it takes time to get the bone strength and density back to pre fracture status. Bone is very dynamic and over time with stress it becomes stronger. I would not risk coming back next year or at least have no expectations that he would.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Can someone clarify ? Reading this stuff I'm not sure what to think. Isn't this a broken leg where he'll lose a season?!???

lets get a grip here jeez!
    It looks gross, and it's obviously a serious injury. But it's very likely he'll make a full recovery. It's not like he's dead.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

I think we will see an inspired, hardworking team this year. Idk how many wins will come from.that, but we all know how good Vogel can motivate a team.

I'd predict that if we were out of playoff contention around the AS break, Bird would look to deal.D.West to a contender or a young contender for a piece or two, maybe a draft pick.

Mood

Obviously next year will be a transition year. No one really had any clue how it will shake out. I mean, how would pizza taste without cheese and sauce? We can speculate all we want, but with no Paul George or Lance Stephenson no one knows until the Pacers play.

With this said I really think/hope we can move David West. He has been nothing but class and a warrior here. He is currently 34 and will be 35 before next season starts. Who knows how many more years he has left. I would look to move him to a contender so he can have a chance at a title and we could obtain a building block.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post: