Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: OMFG>>. Paul G is hurt and it looks bad....

Sports Logo

Default Re: OMFG>>. Paul G is hurt and it looks bad....

first hurdle cleared

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 45s

Paul George is indeed out of surgery & anyone who loves bkb should rest a little easy: I'm told everything went well. No new damage found.
    Indianapolis city, IN
    What does "bkb" mean?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

basketball
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Next hurdle is making sure the bone heals correctly, if the surgery was indeed fairly straight forward that should be simple enough. What a night. I'm going to bed

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Woke up earlier to possibly the worst sports news ever. Feeling really sad right now. Wish him a speedy recovery. *sigh*

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wishing all the best for Paul and a speedy recovery.

Godspeed PG. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post

So he has to play with a pin the rest of the way???

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Peck, and anyone else who cares to see: I still managed to keep images of a couple of my initial pre-op X-Rays.

They are X-Ray images, but not for the squeamish.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ugh, those are really more of a ***** because that is above the midshaft point therefor traction would not only not be helpful it would be contraindicated. Hopefully you were not allergic to Opiates.

It doesn't surprise me though that your coach thought that because most femur fractures actually present as a "charlie horse". In fact that to me is often a field test I do to determine if one is really present. Right at the site of the fracture they often times have knots build up as large as a soft ball. I see that on a closed fx. and I'm pretty confident that they have a fx.

I'm sure you can also let everyone else know that one of the dangers of any type of open fracture is the post op infections that can occur.

I do believe your story because odd falls cause odd injury's. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Peck; 08-02-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Ugh, those are really more of a ***** because that is above the midshaft point therefor traction would not only not be helpful it would be contraindicated. Hopefully you were not allergic to Opiates.

It doesn't surprise me though that your coach thought that because most femur fractures actually present as a "charlie horse". In fact that to me is often a field test I do to determine if one is really present. Right at the site of the fracture they often times have nots build up as large as a soft ball. I see that on a closed fx. and I'm pretty confident that they have a fx.

I'm sure you can also let everyone else know that one of the dangers of any type of open fracture is the post op infections that can occur.

I do believe your story because odd falls cause odd injury's. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I did get a relatively minor (thank God) infection. I mean, I had a scar about a foot and a half long, so it's not terribly surprising.

But yeah, what you said about the 'charlie horse' is spot on.

The fact that I didn't get an ambulance and proper medical support to me immediately and instead had non-medical personnel clumsily attempting to transport me in a very slow fashion in civilian vehicles is actually a pretty big part of the reason why my injury and recovery were so complicated. Which really sucks, but hey, people make mistakes right? Sometimes they're just BIG mistakes. Big, honest mistakes...

But yes, as I am sure you're aware, my fracture was in literally the worst possible position (or so I've been told)

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Yeah, I did get a relatively minor (thank God) infection. I mean, I had a scar about a foot and a half long, so it's not terribly surprising.

But yeah, what you said about the 'charlie horse' is spot on.

The fact that I didn't get an ambulance and proper medical support to me immediately and instead had non-medical personnel clumsily attempting to transport me in a very slow fashion in civilian vehicles is actually a pretty big part of the reason why my injury and recovery were so complicated. Which really sucks, but hey, people make mistakes right? Sometimes they're just BIG mistakes. Big, honest mistakes...

But yes, as I am sure you're aware, my fracture was in literally the worst possible position (or so I've been told)
    You were told correct. There is no good way to splint that, no real pain relief that can be given for that and at 14 you still had to worry about the growth plate being effected. The only solution is surgery and lots and lots of therapy which as you can attest still doesn't cure the issue.

If it's any consolation, Paul's injury is nowhere near as bad as yours was. I had a 12 year old bike rider blow out his tib/fib and 6 months later I was picking him up again but this time for a fracture humerus. Now bike riding is not basketball but the recovery time is similar.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Woke up to get a drink... Laid back into bed and picked up my phone... Started crying... Prayers for you PG... stay strong and keep your head up...
    2013-2014 Pacer fan's asperations...

You were told correct. There is no good way to splint that, no real pain relief that can be given for that and at 14 you still had to worry about the growth plate being effected. The only solution is surgery and lots and lots of therapy which as you can attest still doesn't cure the issue.

If it's any consolation, Paul's injury is nowhere near as bad as yours was. I had a 12 year old bike rider blow out his tib/fib and 6 months later I was picking him up again but this time for a fracture humerus. Now bike riding is not basketball but the recovery time is similar.

See everyone, there's your optimism for the day!!!

I've done my duty as a Pacers fan, and now it's time to try to sleep, although I don't anticipate having much success.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

i just searched it on youtube, one of the thumbnails was enough to make me sick to my stomach.

i hope he gets well. that's all i'm thinking right now.

I had the same break. I was blessed enough to be taken care of by some great surgeons at Methodist downtown. I have a titanium rod and screws in my ankle and knee. I was back at work (physical labor) in 3 months and almost pain-free in 5 months. I'm not trying to figure out a time table for PG or anything. But I will say that since I can relate a little, I have no fears that this is career-ending. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back late in the season. I'm quite sure he's even tougher than me (and that's saying a lot ; ).

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ErikD. For This Useful Post:

I'm extremely happy to hear that this may not be nearly as bad as it looks. Because it looks absolutely horrid.

My condolences to Pacers fans and best wishes to PG for his recovery.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DisplacedKnick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    It will be cool when he makes his comeback in #13. A rebirth for PG.
    What an odd, sad and ironic twist that he talks about changing his number to 13, considered to be an unlucky number, and then this incredibly unlucky thing happens to him. So sad.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

I happened upon an uncensored still of the break as it happened. That hit to the pit of my stomach. Praying for PG to make a full recovery. It's one of those things where you wake up the next day and hope everything was just a really, really bad dream.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    What an odd, sad and ironic twist that he talks about changing his number to 13, considered to be an unlucky number, and then this incredibly unlucky thing happens to him. So sad.
    I honestly see no connection as we've never seen Paul wear 13. Besides, there are a decent amount of talented players who wear it. Marino, T.Y. Hilton, Steve Nash and James Harden immediately come to mind.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's make a thread wishing pg a speedy recovery and well wishes then maybe hicks or someone he knows can send him the link
    Impossible Is Nothing

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

ESPN acting like this a national disaster. I get that this sucks but it's not like he had a heart attack and keeled over on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    I honestly see no connection as we've never seen Paul wear 13. Besides, there are a decent amount of talented players who wear it. Marino, T.Y. Hilton, Steve Nash and James Harden immediately come to mind.
    Just a statement about how ironic it is. Not trying to make a serious superstitious connection or anything.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    ESPN acting like this a national disaster. I get that this sucks but it's not like he had a heart attack and keeled over on the court.
    Feels like one too me
    Impossible Is Nothing

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

It doesn't surprise me though that your coach thought that because most femur fractures actually present as a "charlie horse". In fact that to me is often a field test I do to determine if one is really present. Right at the site of the fracture they often times have knots build up as large as a soft ball. I see that on a closed fx. and I'm pretty confident that they have a fx.

Probably a large hematoma forming at the fracture site.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-