Thread: Preseason Playoff Predictions

Default Preseason Playoff Predictions

Here are my preseason playoff predictions. Thoughts?

http://inkonindy.com/2014/07/31/pred...ch-super-bowl/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Preseason Playoff Predictions

I agree with you for the most part. Obviously injuries are the significant wildcard. I think the NFC North could actually be the toughest division in football this year. The Bears have a pretty good offense if Cutler can stay healthy, the Lions will be better as well. We know they can score, and with Suh on a contract year, I think their D could be better too. I actually think the Vikings could be improved too, it all depends on Teddy's development and AP's health. All this improvement could make it hard on the Pack to repeat as division Champs.

A part of me still doesn't think the AFC South is a gimme, I don't know who else could win it besides the Colts, but I have a feeling a surprise team could emerge from our division..

I agree with all except Philly, I actually think Dallas will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with all except Philly, I actually think Dallas will come out.
    It's possible, Dallas just finds a way to lose every year

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. Obviously injuries are the significant wildcard. I think the NFC North could actually be the toughest division in football this year. The Bears have a pretty good offense if Cutler can stay healthy, the Lions will be better as well. We know they can score, and with Suh on a contract year, I think their D could be better too. I actually think the Vikings could be improved too, it all depends on Teddy's development and AP's health. All this improvement could make it hard on the Pack to repeat as division Champs.

A part of me still doesn't think the AFC South is a gimme, I don't know who else could win it besides the Colts, but I have a feeling a surprise team could emerge from our division..
    The NFC North will definitely be interesting. The Packers D is still suspect. Bears have tools if Cutler is healthy, and Lions have talent, they just get in their own way

I pick the Lions to come out of the NFC

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I just don't think Caldwell was a good coach. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I just don't think Caldwell was a good coach. I could be wrong.
    He's not but the first year with him as a coach you get something good out of him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You always seem very superstitious when it comes to history and patterns, so how in the world can you pick an organization as cursed as Detroit to make the Super Bowl?

I do like their talent and am rooting for Caldwell to do well there. It's not a bad hire honestly. He is a calming influence and can hopefully cause them to be disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    You always seem very superstitious when it comes to history and patterns, so how in the world can you pick an organization as cursed as Detroit to make the Super Bowl?

I do like their talent and am rooting for Caldwell to do well there. It's not a bad hire honestly. He is a calming influence and can hopefully cause them to be disciplined.

Valid point but Caldwell manages to do well during his first year deserved or not.

1st year as Colts HC- SB appearance
    1st year as Ravens OC- SB appearance
    1st year as Lions HC- ?

At the very least I think Stafford will be better.

I think the Colts come out of the AFC. On paper, Denver is the top team, but history has shown that the losing team from the Super Bowl rarely makes it back the following season. I have a feeling that this is going to be Luck's coming out party, and will no longer be thought of a lesser QB than the other elite QB's. The Patriots are always a threat because of Tom Brady. From the NFC, I like SF
    David "And One" West

Nothing against Caldwell, but the Lions are just a lousy organization. They are talented, but like Dallas, they will find ways to lose winnable games
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I think the Colts come out of the AFC. On paper, Denver is the top team, but history has shown that the losing team from the Super Bowl rarely makes it back the following season. I have a feeling that this is going to be Luck's coming out party, and will no longer be thought of a lesser QB than the other elite QB's. The Patriots are always a threat because of Tom Brady. From the NFC, I like SF
    If we want to get to the Super Bowl, then it's essential to clinch that home field advantage. I don't see this team winning a playoff game in Denver or especially the dreaded Foxboro. We play both of those teams this year, so the opportunity will certainly be there to get the homefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I don't think the Colts will come out of the AFC as someone mentioned in this thread earlier not really sure if I trust Pagano to get us there.