Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 101

Thread: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

  1. #76
    Tim
    Guest

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    So we got Dale back early, how nice. We were gonna sign him when is contract ran out anyhow.

    No matter what, without Tinsley 100% healthy we are still going have problems.

  2. #77
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No matter what, without Tinsley 100% healthy we are still going have problems.
    Not if we still had Al Harrington

  3. #78
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,769

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    The fight Dale Davis had against Sacramento was the first Pacers game I ever attended.

    November 10, 1995.......Sacramento pounded the Pacers pretty bad.

    I remember at the time, that was the largest fight in history as far as number of players that recieved penalties.

  4. #79

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION!!!! RONNIE AND DALE!!!


    I pray so freakin hard
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #80
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I require video or audio of this!
    Then call David Benner.

    As I remember, it was the '97-98 season, when we had all those great commercials. It was Dale, I believe standing in the gift shop, with a little Boomer finger puppet on one hand. He then said, out of the corner of his mouth in a little kiddie voice, "I love you Dale" as he moved the puppet. He then turned his head to the puppet and said in a deep, deep baritone, "I love you too, Boomer." Then some voiceover came on the equivalent to "Buy our stuff!"

    That said, the best commercial ever was before that season, where a bunch of guys went on a road trip to French Lick to learn more about their new head coach. As I recall, they got lost, Chris Mullin got left by the side of the road standing in a ditch, and Freddie Hoiberg had his head out the window like a dog. God damn that was funny.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  6. #81
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,632

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    In honor of last nights game vs. the Pistons I thought that it was time to once again ring the bell!!!!!

    Jay how is that new 11th man doing for you???


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  7. #82

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Peck,

    Dale was F-ing huge tonight!! Oh, it is good to see him back in Uniform. Our defense was phenomenal tonight!! And he anchored it.

    His screens open up everyone on the team. Those screens set for Jones in the 2nd half were beautiful.

    Water

  8. #83
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In honor of last nights game vs. the Pistons I thought that it was time to once again ring the bell!!!!!

    Jay how is that new 11th man doing for you???
    I'm happily surprised - he's got much more left than I thought. However, he didn't look so good against Eddy Curry (or so I've heard - when I get my pictures from Saturday's game, you'll see why I said that.)




    Now, if Ron would just go out and prove me wrong, we'd all be happy.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. #84

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Portland and G-State are probably kicking themselves right now, I mean, DD is playing like he never left...

  10. #85
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eh, the only way dale would have gotten off of our bench was against Miami....I doubt Dale would have liked racking up the DNP-CDs, so I can't blame his decision.

    I really like Dale, he's a good locker room guy, and he's a tough player. But we were hardly "screwed over".....Don Ried is another tough guy i think the world of. Not in Dale's class, but still a guy that plays the same role.

    Somehow I think we'll manage to barely eeek out wins without Dale davis....
    Since the Dale Davis signing, the Pacers have gone 9-5 while the Pistons have gone 7-7.

    Don Reid doesn't seem to be playing a role anywhere near Dale Davis.

  11. #86
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,632

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    15 Wins 6 Losses

    A guaranteed playoff spot.

    The old men are leading the way.

    Anybody want to doubt now?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  12. #87

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Can I doubt just to make you upset?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #88
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    I doubt that you sincerely doubt.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #89
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt that you sincerely doubt.
    But I'd hold money that he insincerely doubts....

  15. #90
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    I doubt that we won't make a deep playoff run.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  16. #91
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,559

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    I dont think anyone doubts that when your stars are absent that vets will carry a much larger load than young'ns.

    I have no doubt that next season Ron, JO and DD will be the best front court in the NBA.

  17. #92
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    I doubt, therefore I am.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  18. #93
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt, therefore I am.

    Okay, thats too close of being like actual class. Drawing the line on that one........

  19. #94
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,319
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt, therefore I am.
    It's either "I doubt, therefore I might be" or "I think, therefore I am"...

  20. #95
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's either "I doubt, therefore I might be" or "I think, therefore I am"...
    You're wrong, therefore I'm right.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  21. #96
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,319
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're wrong, therefore I'm right.
    How am I wrong?

  22. #97
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How am I wrong?
    I say so, therefore you are.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  23. #98
    dryley
    Guest

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    I always liked the word "heretofor"..

  24. #99
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Now I rememeber, this is why I wasn't so good in school.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  25. #100
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,866

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt, therefore I am.
    dubium ergo sum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •