Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

sweabs

Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eh, the only way adle would have gotten off of our bench was against Miami....I doubt Dale would have liked racking up the DNP-CDs, so I can't blame his decision.

I really like Dale, but we were hardly "screwed over".....
    Okay...but if a Wallace gets injured, or McDyess for that matter. Or when one of them gets in some serious foul trouble...then you might fall under the category of 'screwed over'.

I think you have to admit, Dale would have fit in wonderfully with the Pistons. The type of player that he is epitomizes the Detroit attitude and what the fans want from a player. That is why I'm so happy he didn't go there...sorry

eh, the only way dale would have gotten off of our bench was against Miami....I doubt Dale would have liked racking up the DNP-CDs, so I can't blame his decision.

I really like Dale, he's a good locker room guy, and he's a tough player. But we were hardly "screwed over".....

Somehow I think we'll manage to barely eeek out wins without Dale davis....

At least the cockiness is back at PD, I was beginning to get worried......

Everyone knew that you would downplay this if we got him and sure enough...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Okay...but if a Wallace gets injured, or McDyess for that matter. Or when one of them gets in some serious foul trouble...then you might fall under the category of 'screwed over'.

I think you have to admit, Dale would have fit in wonderfully with the Pistons. The type of player that he is epitomizes the Detroit attitude and what the fans want from a player. That is why I'm so happy he didn't go there...sorry
    Ok, what if reggie gets injured, jax gets injured, freddie gets injured.....

I guess you should have spent that money on a backup guard. You really "screwed yourself over"......

The talk of dale being some kind of a difference-maker is a bit silly.....but like I said, I'd rather have you guys trash-talking again, than the alternative....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    Everyone knew that you would downplay this if we got him and sure enough...
    Well shoot, if I was screaming from the rooftops that Don Ried was going to get us past san antonio in the finals, what you you say?

I don't really WANT to down play this, but shoot, when somebody tries to tell me that this suddenly makes indiana the best team in the history of the world, my goodness, how can you NOT downplay it?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

sweabs

Ok, what if reggie gets injured, jax gets injured, freddie gets injured.....

I guess you should have spent that money on a backup guard. You really "screwed yourself over"......

The talk of dale being some kind of a difference-maker is a bit silly.....but like I said, I'd rather have you guys trash-talking again, than the alternative....
    Personally, I think we're relatively safe for guards. And none of those guards have a history like McDyess either.

I'm not saying Dale is going to be a difference-maker for us...I'm a realist. I've seen him play this year and last. But I know that he would have been a very key addition to your Pistons squad with his attitude and work ethic. You guys would have had 4 real, big tough guys up there, and playing Dale sparingly, he would have made good use out of those minutes.

Don Reid or Dale? I'll take Dale...

sweabs

I don't really WANT to down play this, but shoot, when somebody tries to tell me that this suddenly makes indiana the best team in the history of the world, my goodness, how can you NOT downplay it?
    Ummm........WHAT? Yes...I said it makes us the best team in the history of the world

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know Peck's excited, and that's fun.

But all this hub-bub over our new 11th man? Time for a reality pill.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Personally, I think we're relatively safe for guards. And none of those guards have a history like McDyess either.

I'm not saying Dale is going to be a difference-maker for us...I'm a realist. I've seen him play this year and last. But I know that he would have been a very key addition to your Pistons squad with his attitude and work ethic. You guys would have had 4 real, big tough guys up there, and playing Dale sparingly, he would have made good use out of those minutes.

Don Reid or Dale? I'll take Dale...
    Don Ried or Dale, I'll take dale 100 times out of 100 too.

I'm just saying that whoever we signed was going to be primarily for shaq and shaq only. I said that from the beginning. Any other team, I'd rather give those minutes to Darko, or let McDyess have them.

I guess we really won't know how much dale would have helped detroit until the ECF.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kstat, what you're saying makes complete sense. I don't think, nor do I gather many think, that Dale is going to save the season all by himself. However, do understand that this is basically the first great news we've had in several months. Believe me, we need to relish the good times this year.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Well shoot, if I was screaming from the rooftops that Don Ried was going to get us past san antonio in the finals, what you you say?

I don't really WANT to down play this, but shoot, when somebody tries to tell me that this suddenly makes indiana the best team in the history of the world, how can you NOT downplay it?

I honestly don't believe that anyone really believes that Dale is our savior nor has said that. Having Dale in the middle will give us a little more toughness when along side of JO. He's someone that people will definitely think twice about while driving it to the basket.

I was just noting that yesterday you were talking him up and someone mentioned that if we signed him that you would be the first to downplay it and here you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204

That's the point I was trying to make.

Mood

Time for a reality pill.
    Good thing you have a lot of 'em stored up. How long has it been since you followed your prescription?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Ah c'mon Kstat, admit it.............why weven yer new cartoon character has DD's number on it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

eh, the only way dale would have gotten off of our bench was against Miami....I doubt Dale would have liked racking up the DNP-CDs, so I can't blame his decision.

I really like Dale, he's a good locker room guy, and he's a tough player. But we were hardly "screwed over".....Don Ried is another tough guy i think the world of. Not in Dale's class, but still a guy that plays the same role.

Somehow I think we'll manage to barely eeek out wins without Dale davis....

At least the cockiness is back at PD, I was beginning to get worried......
    I feel the same way. When some posters said they thought Davis would get 20 mpg with the Pistons, I was just shaking my head. Truth be told, if the Pistons had the choice of Elden Campbell or Dale Davis, I would have rather seen the Pistons sign Campbell.

Is Dale Davis better than Don Reid? Absolutely. But Davis would have been a situational and an insurance player with Detroit, playing only due to injury and against teams like Miami, Cleveland, San Antonio, Houston, and yes, Indiana. He would have been a nice addition, but it's not a big deal that he chose to sign elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    I feel the same way. When some posters said they thought Davis would get 20 mpg with the Pistons, I was just shaking my head. Truth be told, if the Pistons had the choice of Elden Campbell or Dale Davis, I would have rather seen the Pistons sign Campbell.

Is Dale Davis better than Don Reid? Absolutely. But Davis would have been a situational and an insurance player with Detroit, playing only due to injury and against teams like Miami, Cleveland, San Antonio, Houston, and yes, Indiana. He would have been a nice addition, but it's not a big deal that he chose to sign elsewhere.

Isnt it kinda nice, on some level, to see "The Chief" back with the Pistons? I just hope he's healthy....I suppose he'll see time in Miami.

I'll never forget 1996. He was the best starting center the pistons had for the entire decade of the 90's, an he was what, 6'8"?

I disagree on one part though. I'd rather have Dale than Elden.

Here's to the first good news we've had in a long time! Hopefully it will be the boost our team needs to make a run in Reggie's last year. Now if Ron does come back, anything could happen!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Isnt it kinda nice, n some level, to see "The Chief" back with the Pistons? I just hope he's healthy....I suppose he'll see time in Miami.
    You know, for me, probably the biggest reason I wanted Davis to sign with the Pistons is because I knew what this board's reaction would be if he chose Detroit over Indiana. Swear to God. That's so horrible. I just wanted that more than anything he could do on the court. And these seem to be a good group of people posting on this board too.

I'm just glad that now Peck can pull out the $3,258.77 worth of Dale Davis jerseys he's had buried in his closet the last few years.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    I'm just glad that now Peck can pull out the $3,258.77 worth of Dale Davis jerseys he's had buried in his closet the last few years.

When's the last time we had a 36-year old man setting a pick for a 39-year old SG?

Exactly
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Talking Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Well, at least something good came out of this. Now, if we could just ever get Hicks down from the bow of the Titanic.
    Did somebody say?

The Boomer doll commercial.

"I love you Dale!"

"I love you too Boomer."
    I require video or audio of this!

When's the last time we had a 36-year old man setting a pick for a 39-year old SG?
    Karl Malone and John Stockton in Utah

Kevin Willis and Steve Smith in San Antonio.

Drop the cynicism Kstat and let us just celebrate getting Dale back. It's been a long enough season, and we've had very little to smile about since the suspensions. WELCOME BACK DALE!

ImReppinBtown

I'm pumped Dale is back. Gives us a more solid big man to use. But I wasnt surprised that I didnt hear anything on Ron yesterday or today....

woman without a team

The Boomer doll commercial.

"I love you Dale!"

"I love you too Boomer."
    That and the time after a game where he took off his jersey and threw it into the crowd...oh wait, that was just a dream.