Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

Default Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

In the ancient langauge of the Hebrew let me scream from the top of my lungs.

Maranotha, Maranotha..... The lord is coming the lord is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am not even going to pretend to be reasonable, rationale or even sane.

I have waited for this day for 5 fuc@ing years. I can't even begin to tell you how I feel. I feel like I have been led from the wilderness & the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders.

I keep waiting for this to fall apart, but it's to late, I'm done I'm in full fan boy mode. If this would fall apart now I have no idea what I would do.

Rejoice my Pacers brothern we are now back in the title hunt. That's right I said it, the title hunt.

Detroit no longer scares me. Shaq still scares me, but not as much. Everybody else just became an after thought.

That doesn't mean I am discounting either Miami or Detroit but we now have a player to put on one of the Wallace's. Before today we did NOT.

The wrongs of the world have been righted.

Jermaine O'Neal just became a better player. That should scare every team in the east.

Reggie will go out with the man who helped take him farther than he's ever been & he now has that chance to go out again maybe even on top.

I said I would no longer criticize Reggie at all because he is retireing.

Donnie Walsh just got a free pass for the rest of this year & maybe even next season.

This took a big man to put what Dale did behind him, but I am happy to say that Donnie did it.

Thank you Donnie Walsh, you have no idea how happy you have made one fan.

I could die happy tonight.

It was always a dream of mine that Dale would come home to retire. At best I thought we might get him to come back next season, but to have him come home now & let Reggie go out with him is more than I could have ever dreamed of.

I apologize to anybody reading this because it's not normally my style to proclaim Pacers greatness, but for tonight I cannot help myself.

As of now I no longer care about Brad Miller. Still was a mistake of a trade, but who cares now that the Franchise (that's what Reggie calls him) has come home.

I officially, for the moment, don't even care about Artest anymore. I would welcome him back & think that he would benefit greatly by playing next to a real true Warrior.

range:

Dale Davis is Home!!!!!!

All is well.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

Don't panic. Just don't make any sudden movements, and slowly walk away from your computer. Everything will be okay. Do not ru...

Amen Brutha!!!!

Can I get a witness?

If Ron comes back, I'll join you.

This makes me wish all the more that we'd done some minor trading before the deadline... our big man rotation is a mess. It's cleaner if Foster's really out for the season, but still not ideal.
    Right now, with Pollard and Foster both hurting, I could see Dale starting at center. So it's Dale and Jermaine, backed up by Harrison and Pollard. Foster's out of the rotation completely. And poor John Edwards is probably gonna get cut without ever having recovered from whatever it was keeping him off the court (boogie fever, severe dandruff, or the world's worst hangnail).

What's the deal with Tinsley? casually mentioned that he might be out for the season, but he hasn't given us anything since then.

I said at the deadline I needed 3 things to be thrilled going into the postseason. Dale is here, but we're still waiting on Ron's reinstatement and Tinsley's health.

Ah well, the Dale signing is worth it, if for no other reason than to get half of you off the ledges.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I hear thee Peck!

I've always hoped he'd return. It isn't official yet so I'll be holding my breath until it's done.

I really hope they run some of those Reggie baseline screens off Dale for the threeeeeee - BOOM BABY!!!

We have our warrior back - hopefully!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Donnie would have done this long ago had he known he'd be getting a season long free pass from Peck!!
    Wow!....and to forgive the Brad Miller debacle too!?!?!?!?! What's next, giving DW the bennie for Jonathan?
    Notice that Wells article regarding DD is buried on page 3 while the statement that Ronnie was meeting with the Commish to trade recipes was on page 1?

So let's see...we used a trade exception to help get him, that means that by protecting Reggie from the expansion draft and letting the Bobs take Primoz we ended up getting D2. We get to keep RM, pick up DD, and provide playing time for Harrison, all for Primoz. BRILLIANT!!! (I'm certain DW planned it that way) I will now officially stop carping about needing another big to match up with the rest of the teams.

OK, so now how do we get Gary Payton too?

I read everything MM writes but don't recall seeing the mention of Tinsley being done. Where'd I miss that?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Is there some way we can get a job for Heywood Workman with the Pacers? We need him back so we can resurrect the DD/Woodie commercial on TV.

AAAIIIIYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's going to a be HUGE let-down...

phhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt!

don't you be rainin on MY parade!!!

Exclamation Re: Ring the bells suckers, school is back in session!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK DOUBLE D!!

Peck - congrats my friend.

Just so I know what you are talking about - what did DD do other than demand a trade? Did it get personal?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Yea, it got kind of personnel.

To Walsh's credit he never got out of hand & he did pretty much what Dale asked for.

Everybody know's my opinion of Walsh but even back when this went down I never gave him a ration of crap for it because I knew what Dale said to him.

It was all Kevin feeding him a line of crap, but it was Dale's fault for eating it & then craping it on Donnie. I was told later that some of it was because he didn't like what was going on with Mark Jackson, but to me that was never an excuse.

Dale got what he deserved & if Walsh would have let him rot in G.S. or on the Hornets I would have had to have understood. I wouldn't be so open to a return from an employee who did that to me or said what he did.

But Walsh is the bigger person in this case.

Either way, water under the bridge. Dale is home & that is all that matters.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, finally a chance to use this

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a little slow to catch on, Peck.

Now tell me. How is that you actually feel about Dale coming back?

sweabs

Detroit really better hope there are no injuries to Wallace/Wallace/McDyess. Even if one of them gets into some foul trouble...Darko anyone?

Welcome home, Dale! I'm thrilled

I'm gonna be pissed if Curry or Edwards get cut to bring back a has been.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Peck, calm down, you're a little too excited. Dale is not quite the player he used to be. He's played very little this whole season, and was injured last season for much of the year. I'm excited to have Dale back though. I've missed him more than any other former Pacer player.

Good to read that you're giving DW some credit. DD respect for Walsh was one of the major reasons Dale is coming back according to his agent.

Ok, I am just gonna throw this out there...will he be playing tonight? I can't find anywhere when he was put on waivers so I can't use my calculator to figure out when he can sign with the Pacers. Or will he be playing on Thursday?

MarcD

He can't sign until 48 hours after he is released. He will be released today, and sign for the Pacers more than likely on Thursday.

He better be in shape, because Peck has him playing 35 minutes a game

Hopefully he'll be playing by Friday. I've got good tickets at the Rose Garden for the Pacer's game in Portland.

Will Donnie cut Curry or get rid of his latest 7 foot stiff?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Peck, calm down, you're a little too excited. Dale is not quite the player he used to be. He's played very little this whole season, and was injured last season for much of the year. I'm excited to have Dale back though. I've missed him more than any other former Pacer player.

Good to read that you're giving DW some credit. DD respect for Walsh was one of the major reasons Dale is coming back according to his agent.

Your kidding me, right????

You ask me to calm down on this day of all days. Do you not understand this is Christmas to me?

I'll be sure to come say the same thing to you in the next couple of weeks when Ron is back. Let's see how calm you remain.

What the hell are we fussing about, Dale is home.

Slaughter a fatted calf (looking around nervously) & bring out the fine china, the lord will be supping at our table the rest of the season.

This is reason for me to be excited. I don't care if he's 1/8 the player he used to be, he is still tougher than any player we have or have had since he left.

Tell me that the idea of Dale muscling up vs. Rasheed Wallace doesn't appeal to you.

Tell me the idea of Ron Artest running Paul Pierce baseline into the wall that is Dale Davis doesn't appeal to you.

Do you not understand, I'm so happy about Dale being here I am actually looking forward to the Nutball's return.

My God the defense put on by Dale, J.O. & Ron in the frontcourt will be stiffling. I won't even hope for Payton because that is just to much to wish for.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    I'm gonna be pissed if Curry or Edwards get cut to bring back a has been.
    I'd rather have a Has-Been rather than two Never Weres....

Peck, I was just kidding. I'm excited too. I still remember Dale's first game as a Pacer, he signed late, came off the bench and immedietely brought a physical presense to a very, very soft team, I think he tried to block a shot and fouled someone, but it brought a smile to his face.

Peck were you at the Draft Party, when DW came to the podium to announce they drafted Dale Davis. DW has never been more excited.

Peck, I have no idea why we disagree so much, we both want the same things, both like the same type of basketball