Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Our starting backcourt

Default Re: Our starting backcourt

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert had a monster Miami series, but Hill was the 3rd option outside of that series, and he averaged 14.6 ppg that year in the playoffs. The bottom line to me is we don't need to have a great 3rd option, Hibbert can be the 3rd option, Hill can be the 3rd option, some nights Miles may even be the 2nd option. As a team we need PG to obviously be #1, West will be option #2, and the rest can sort itself out.
    Hibbert scored 17ppg in less minutes yet Hill was the more important offensive weapon, averaging less points per game? Hill shot 40% from the floor to Hibbert's 51%. Hibbert scored more per attempt as well. How was he not more important to the offense particularly with him being a threat in the paint...freeing up the perimeter guys?

IDK. I like George Hill and he's a pretty good player but that was his best year as an NBA player and he's barely good enough to start on a contender.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Woops,

However, the Hawks are also not completely sold on Jeff Teague and could explore the market for him this summer. That's led them to take long looks at both Shabazz Napier and Payton at No. 15 if something materializes in the next few days. Napier, especially, seems to have gained momentum in workouts the past few weeks, and sources say he's moved into a strong possibility in Atlanta. ESPN.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jeff_teague+trade
    I am pretty surprised. With all of those shooters they have Teague is an asset and perfect to get in driving lanes. Aside from being a prolific shooter (btw, he isn't bad, just not prolific), I wonder what Atlanta wants?
    Last edited by joew8302; 08-01-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I am pretty surprised. With all of those shooters they have Teague is an asset and perfect to get in driving lanes. Aside from being a prolific shooter (btw, he isn't bad, just not prolific), I wonder what Atlanta wants?
    A tony parker clone, someone who can drive, shoot, and pass really well. Teague isn't that much of a passer either and his shooting is 41% (?), but he complements their style really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm not a fan of either Knight or Mayo so I will take Hill over either of them however I would think Miles would be below Mayo (although I don't like Mayo) so the Bucks I'll give us a slight edge but only based on Hill.

Sorry I don't agree about the Knicks. I hate Smith and would never want him on our team but he is a two way player on occasion. Jose while a horrid defender is a true point guard and he can also shoot. So no I won't give us an edge over the Knicks, I'd put them slightly ahead of us.

I hate Brandon Jennings and wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. However he can score, I'm not all that familiar with Meeks so I'll give us the edge on the Pistons but again only based on Hill.

Chalmers/Wade? I mean honestly is this just hate talking on your part? Wade on one leg hauling an oxygen tank up and down the court is better than either Hill or Miles and while Mario had a bad playoff series he has more than once in the past dominated Hill. Sorry but this isn't close, the Heat by a mile.

I like McLemore I think he has real honest potential to be a solid NBA player. Collison is what Collison is. I will take Hill over Collison any day of the week so we win that one however I would take McLemore over Miles. So to me this is a wash.
    Thank you for doing these 2 analyses. I felt the exact same way basically on all of them, but I didn't want to be the one to do it because I'm reaching, "write him off he's a hater," levels.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Woops,

However, the Hawks are also not completely sold on Jeff Teague and could explore the market for him this summer. That's led them to take long looks at both Shabazz Napier and Payton at No. 15 if something materializes in the next few days. Napier, especially, seems to have gained momentum in workouts the past few weeks, and sources say he's moved into a strong possibility in Atlanta. ESPN.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/jeff_teague+trade
    I suspect that our collective view of Jeff Teague is tainted by his being a local and the great series he had in the playoffs vs the Pacers. We did not see him play game in and game out during the season. The Hawks FO did. Trading for him now is a case of buying high. Make a trade for him and spend the next couple of years posting about how it's Frank's fault that guys play well before coming to Indiana, but don't play well after they get here.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I suspect that our collective view of Jeff Teague is tainted by his being a local and the great series he had in the playoffs vs the Pacers. We did not see him play game in and game out during the season. The Hawks FO did. Trading for him now is a case of buying high. Make a trade for him and spend the next couple of years posting about how it's Frank's fault that guys play well before coming to Indiana, but don't play well after they get here.
    Maybe some view's are, but mine is not. He is extremely fast, shoots 34% from 3, 84% from the line and 45% overall. He also has an above 2:1 asst/turnover ratio.

He might not be Chris Paul or Tony Parker, but Teague is a really good player who I would like to have.

Well it doesn't ****ing matter now I guess.