Thread: Dale Davis to sign with Pacers- Star

Default Dale Davis to sign with Pacers- Star

Agent says Dale Davis plans to sign with Pacers

By Mike Wells
    mike.wells@indystar.com
    March 1, 2005

Dale Davis is returning to the team that drafted him.

Davis' agent said Monday night the forward plans to sign with the Indiana Pacers. Davis selected the Pacers over Central Division rival Detroit.

"It's nothing against Detroit, but Dale feels really comfortable with (Pacers CEO) Donnie (Walsh) and (Pacers president) Larry (Bird)," Davis' agent, James "Chubby" Wells said. "He knows what Indiana has. If he does well, he could have a good future and he could want to come back (next season)."

The Pacers were able to offer more money than other teams because they were able to use part of a trade exception. Davis was traded from Golden State to New Orleans last week. He negotiated a buyout with the Hornets.

Wells said Davis will sign with the Pacers 48 hours after the Hornets release him, which is expected to happen today. The Pacers open a four-game Western Conference trip Thursday at Denver.

The addition of Davis, who spent his first nine NBA seasons with the Pacers, comes at the right time because Indiana is dealing with injuries in the frontcourt. Starting center Jeff Foster has been bothered with back spasms. All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal, who was acquired from Portland for Davis in 2000, has been bothered with an assortment of injuries. Davis has averaged 8.5 points and 8.2 rebounds in his career.

"With our present situation with some of our big guys banged up, he would certainly fill a need for us," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said after practice Monday afternoon. ". . . He'd bring toughness and rebounding."

Don't want to talk about it

O'Neal didn't elaborate on how his injured rib felt, but he said he's watched the tape from Saturday's game and he's not saying anything about Stephon Marbury's leg to O'Neal's midsection late in the fourth quarter.

Marbury didn't come over to check on O'Neal at the time, but he went into the locker room after the game.

"Right now I really don't have time to make any personal agendas," O'Neal said. ". . . You have ways to deal with it, so I'll deal with it when it's time to deal with it."

The Pacers and Knicks play April 5 in New York.

Carlisle said O'Neal will wear a pad over his bruised rib.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/225890-5236-179.html
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Dale Davis to sign with Pacers- Star

Alright...my chops are salivating at the thought of:

JO next to Dale next to Ron...That is one tough Frontcourt!!!

or what about
    Dale/JO/Ron/Freddie...

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like this thread better

Can we give Donnie Walsh some credit. It was DD's respect for him that helped convince DD to come back. It was DW's willingness to bring back a former player who asked to be traded. Once again DW proves he is one of the vry best

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Don't want to talk about it

O'Neal didn't elaborate on how his injured rib felt, but he said he's watched the tape from Saturday's game and he's not saying anything about Stephon Marbury's leg to O'Neal's midsection late in the fourth quarter.

Marbury didn't come over to check on O'Neal at the time, but he went into the locker room after the game.

"Right now I really don't have time to make any personal agendas," O'Neal said. ". . . You have ways to deal with it, so I'll deal with it when it's time to deal with it."
    JO might not be saying anything about it to The Star, but on the ch. 13 news yesterday he did say that after watching the replay he thought it was intentional...........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Dale's first "assignment"? Even things up with Mr. Marbury.

Nice signature, MagicRat...

I still have a promo cassette tape of that song! I listen to it before big games a lot....My kids dance around to it and we all get fired up!

Nothing better than Slick yelling, "BOOM BABY!!!!"

I need to hook up a cassette player to the PC and get it digital before the tape degrades or breaks....Never find that again I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    Nice signature, MagicRat...

I still have a promo cassette tape of that song! I listen to it before big games a lot....My kids dance around to it and we all get fired up!

Nothing better than Slick yelling, "BOOM BABY!!!!"

I need to hook up a cassette player to the PC and get it digital before the tape degrades or breaks....Never find that again I bet!
    I've got the tape, also. I've posted it a couple of different times in the past. I'll have to post it again soon.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731