Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

  1. #1
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/...espnapi_public

    I'm not too sure of what his role would be here. I liked him a lot coming out of college, but he hasn't really developed much past that - a lot of that could be coaching issues though.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Good depth for the vet minimum, but yea Woj tweeted this about a week ago I believe.

  3. #3
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    He is a prototypical athlete playing basketball. Not too sure what he adds aside from being an athlete.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a prototypical athlete playing basketball. Not too sure what he adds aside from being an athlete.
    He can shoot the 3 right?

  5. #5
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Not really. He is a career 32% 3 point shooter, but last year he shot it at 36.8%. I suppose he could be considered serviceable, but his overall field goal % is 37.6%. To have a % that low it is a combination of being a bad shooter and poor shot selection, which does scare me.

  6. #6
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,244

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really. He is a career 32% 3 point shooter, but last year he shot it at 36.8%. I suppose he could be considered serviceable, but his overall field goal % is 37.6%. To have a % that low it is a combination of being a bad shooter and poor shot selection, which does scare me.
    Sounds like he fits in well with our offense then....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  8. #7

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really. He is a career 32% 3 point shooter, but last year he shot it at 36.8%. I suppose he could be considered serviceable, but his overall field goal % is 37.6%. To have a % that low it is a combination of being a bad shooter and poor shot selection, which does scare me.
    he shot that on all of 19 attempts last season

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #8

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a prototypical athlete playing basketball. Not too sure what he adds aside from being an athlete.

    Rather have Dionte Christmas.

  11. #9

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Who???!!

  12. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,779

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    If Singleton doesn't sign with a Team....I can see Bird re-visit signing him later at some point. Bird doesn't forget a name.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,134

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Would be a waste of a roster spot.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    I would like to see him a Pacers. I really thought he'd be a good pro after a few years. I think he got lost in Washington. I'd give him a vet. min. contract for sure. We need another body at the 3 in case of injury and it would give him a chance to prove himself with a new team.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  16. #13
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be a waste of a roster spot.
    Why do you say that? I mean, for the vet minimum what can you expect?

  17. #14
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    We're already at 15..his addition would make it 16. I know 15 doesn't matter until the season starts. Might as well let guys compete for a roster spot.

  18. #15

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    The guy hates basketball and doesn't try. That type of thing doesn't change.

  19. #16

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy hates basketball and doesn't try. That type of thing doesn't change.
    I agree he seems to have a crap work ethic, but where's the "hates basketball" stuff come from? Because if he hates basketball he's apparently a robot.

  20. #17
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,555

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Bigger Sam Young, maybe? He has the physical tools to be a very good defender, IIRC.

  21. #18

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree he seems to have a crap work ethic, but where's the "hates basketball" stuff come from? Because if he hates basketball he's apparently a robot.
    I'm assuming that he'd at least try if he had any interest in basketball. Sometimes you see 7 footers play and think "he's only playing because he's tall..He doesn't even like basketball". Same goes for Chris.

  22. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,134

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say that? I mean, for the vet minimum what can you expect?
    Someone who can at least shoot 40% from the field.

  23. #20
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say that? I mean, for the vet minimum what can you expect?
    I would rather re-sign Rasual Butler or a player like him that can shoot and doesn't make a lot of mistakes out on the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  25. #21
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,115
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Give him and unguaranteed contract. After training camp if he doesn't impress the coaching staff cut him lose. He might prove worth something if Solomon Hill isn't the defender we need him to be. Or there is an injury. But if there are better defenders out there go for them. I liked Rasual too.

  26. #22
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,719
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather re-sign Rasual Butler or a player like him that can shoot and doesn't make a lot of mistakes out on the court.
    Are we sure Rasul Butler could still be had for a minimum salary?

  27. #23
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers showing interest in Chris Singleton.

    I like Singleton as a defensive wing we can throw at elite perimeter players when George needs a breather, nothing more. However, that's a useful role for any team's bench, and it's even more important for us with Lance gone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •