Thread: Whats the latest

Default Whats the latest

We've been stuck at 15 teams for awhile now.

Nothing posted on the league site or on here...

so.......... what's the story?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Whats the latest

I have been meaning to get to this, but work is keeping my super busy. as of the 28th we had 5 open teams Rat Trap (MagicRat),Charming (dlanderson22), Fishers (randywrinkles), Rohan (TMJ31), Sudden Valley (avoidingtheclowns), and Cascadia (Nuntius). These teams are now open to new owners. I have a lead on two courtesy of Zallen, but will need help finding the three others. if you know of somebody please have them get a hold of me.

The draft will be held on the 11th of October, @ 9 AM pacific time (Jose, I will need your help with this). I will give new owners til the 9th to submit protected lists. The draft will have a 12 hour time bank with it for picks. This is just like last years draft.
    Thanks for your patience and help guys; I know understand why being commish can be so hard this time of year.
    =
    DrBadd

I just sent out another PM to the 5 MIA owners listed above.

I also posted a message on the main board... not the proper place for such a thread but maybe some will see it there that would not catch it here.

I would like to welcome Burnzone back to the league. He will be taking over Rat Trap's roster. We look to have another new owner coming in soon as well. Reluntant Reaper from the IKL.

Hi guys,

Forgot to post one other thing. Jose and I have talked and effective as of two days before the draft he will be taking up reigns as the commissioner again. I have way too much on my plate right now at work, and didn't want to be the reason why the league didn't get started this year. Thanks for being cool for the brief time I was in charge.

DrBadd
    Cedar City Bayak

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

thanks for all your efforts DrBadd and welcome back Jose and many thanks for stepping up to keep this alive!

Thanks Bellisimo. Reluctant Reaper will be taking over Rohan's roster. We have two rosters left, with Indy Sports looking lilke the 19th member of the league( with Avoiding the Clowns) back in the fold for another year. he will be able to pick between Charming, and Fishers once signed in. Additionally I just noticed that Rat Trap HAS signed in. I am checking with Burnzone to see if he would accept Cascadia's roster and picks instead.
    Last edited by DrBadd01; 10-05-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Additionally I just noticed that Rat Trap HAS signed in. I am checking with Burnzone to see if he would accept Cascadia's roster and picks instead.
    I will take over Cascadia instead, just signed into the league, and also submitted my 9 man protected list.

Thanks Burnzone. I am sorry for the confusion. Indysports has selected Fishers old roster. We have room for one more; they will have Charming's roster.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    Thanks Burnzone. I am sorry for the confusion. Indysports has selected Fishers old roster. We have room for one more; they will have Charming's roster.

indysports in sports.ws is me: BoomBaby33. Thanks jose and dr. badd for inviting me in.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Offtopic: maybe we should start thinking about a merger with the IKL next year or the year after that, because the turnover in team owners seems to be pretty massive these past years and there's multiple owners with teams in each of the two KL's. In other words I'm starting to doubt to longevity of whats happening here. The new KL could have a couple of teams more (if needed).

Thoughts?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Offtopic: maybe we should start thinking about a merger with the IKL next year or the year after that, because the turnover in team owners seems to be pretty massive these past years and there's multiple owners with teams in each of the two KL's. In other words I'm starting to doubt to longevity of whats happening here. The new KL could have a couple of teams more (if needed).

Thoughts?
    I think a new league pretty much would have the same problems. Life happens, people get busy. The IKL has had 2 new owners this year and 2 new ones from the previous years. Unless you get people to make firm commitments to stay X amount of seasons, there will always be turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    I think a new league pretty much would have the same problems. Life happens, people get busy. The IKL has had 2 new owners this year and 2 new ones from the previous years. Unless you get people to make firm commitments to stay X amount of seasons, there will always be turnover.
    True. But, the amount of turnover has been much more this summer and my memory might not serve me right, but I thought last year aswell. Again, it's just a thought to merge the two KL's into one with a couple more teams. How many have teams in both leagues?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    True. But, the amount of turnover has been much more this summer and my memory might not serve me right, but I thought last year aswell. Again, it's just a thought to merge the two KL's into one with a couple more teams. How many have teams in both leagues?
    We have 14 with a team in both leagues, 4 of whom are new to both the AKL and IKL. So a merger definitely is workable if we want.

I actually considered proposing a merger last year because I thought we weren't going to get enough people in the IKL (everyone showed up in the end). But would a merger create an incentive for people to stay beyond the initial season? I'm not sure.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

i personally like the fact that we have two different leagues. It gives those that want to try different tactics to go for it - along with a pool of owners that can step up from one league to the other. Worst case scenario, we end up dropping the number of teams from 20 to something less in a league instead of merging to create a league of 24+ teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    We have 14 with a team in both leagues, 4 of whom are new to both the AKL and IKL. So a merger definitely is workable if we want.

I actually considered proposing a merger last year because I thought we weren't going to get enough people in the IKL (everyone showed up in the end). But would a merger create an incentive for people to stay beyond the initial season? I'm not sure.
    I'm not sure either, but, and this could just be me, I sometimes get the impression that some people are not that into it and mainly participate to get their KL to have the required number of teams, basically making sure our KL's keep full. In some way those owners are doing us a favour, both KL's stay alive and have enough owners. OTOH once the season starts it can get frustrating sometimes to get for example feedback on trade proposals or some interaction.

A merger would probably result in one KL with 24 teams. I suspect, but I'm not sure, that chances are the activity or fanaticism of the average owner is going to be a bit better then in either of our KL's now. Call it a gut feeling, but if true I expect a KL that is likely to be more active and probably more competitive.

As for tactics. I guess that's true. I personally decidede a couple of years ago to just stick with one KL and give my team (and thus that KL) the time it needs to make the proper decisions, but that's because time hasn't been as easy to come by as it used to be (busy, busy, busy ).

For everyone who has not submitted their 9-player protected list... you have until october 9 which is only two days from now, so becarefull guys (and girls?) (I expect that goes for new and old owners alike, right, Jose?)
    Last edited by Mourning; 10-07-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Signed up and submitted my protected list and still I got the boot!

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731