Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Colts Regular Season predictions

Default 2014 Colts Regular Season predictions

Here are my predictions? You fans agree or disagree?

http://inkonindy.com/2014/07/24/2014...n-predictions/

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2014 Colts Regular Season predictions

Those are pretty solid predictions. I agree that 12-4 is the most likely result. Unfortunately, at least one of NE and Denver will go 13-3 or better. The Colts have the talent to go 13-3 if everything falls into place, but 12-4 is most likely. Would be nice to improve over the 11-5 that we've had the last two years

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

11-5

Mood

I had us at 12-4 too, nicely written.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

11-5

I'm predicting anywhere between 10-12 wins. I really think Dwayne Allen will have a Pro Bowl and add that layer to the offense that will take it to the next level. I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot more 2 TE sets and hopefully much less fullback.

I want ant to beat Denver so bad opening night I can't stand it. I was really hoping for a Mathis v Manning part II, that stinks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm predicting anywhere between 10-12 wins. I really think Dwayne Allen will have a Pro Bowl and add that layer to the offense that will take it to the next level. I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot more 2 TE sets and hopefully much less fullback.

I want ant to beat Denver so bad opening night I can't stand it. I was really hoping for a Mathis v Manning part II, that stinks.
    You mean you actually wanted to see the players play?? You should forward that to the league office, they seem to think the fans enjoy a bunch of guys in suits being a significant part of what happens on the field every year.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    You mean you actually wanted to see the players play?? You should forward that to the league office, they seem to think the fans enjoy a bunch of guys in suits being a significant part of what happens on the field every year.
    Yeah if Robert would have knocked his wife out instead of taking something to help him knock her up, he would be playing by week 3!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

I see these 11 games as wins:

Philadelphia
    @ Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Baltimore
    @ Houston
    Cincinnati
    Jacksonville
    Washington
    @ Cleveland
    Houston
    @ Tennessee

The other 5 games I see anywhere from 2 to even 4 wins:

@ Denver
    @ Pittsburgh
    @ New York Giants
    New England
    @ Dallas

12-4 or 14-2
    Here we come lottery?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

I think we will win 11 or 12 games but be much better than we were last year. The point differential should be improved.

Unless we have another year of brutal injuries. It looks like the AIRBHG has made its way to Indianapolis.

This is going to be a really fun season. The Colts have so many big games this year. We open the season up in Denver for a rematch with Manning. Then we have our home opener on MNF against the Eagles, which is awesome. Baltimore and Cincy come to town, both of which should be fun games. You have the Luck-RGIII matchup, which should get a ton of hype, especially if both teams are having reasonably good seasons. The highlight of the home schedule is obviously the NE SNF visit, which should be insanely fun. On the road, we travel to three of the most historic franchises in the NFL - Pitt, NYG, and Dallas. This schedule is just jam packed with fun.

Going 6-0 against your division like we did last year is tough even if the division sucks, but I'm expecting 5-1.

Thankfully two of our games without Mathis are against the Jaguars and Titans. Hopefully we win both of those and at least win one of the Denver/Philly games. Objectively speaking, I don't think we'll win the game in Denver, but anything is possible with Luck. Manning just owns those prime time game when he's at home, there won't be the distraction of being back in Indy, he'll want some nice revenge, and most importantly there won't be any Mathis, who was a menace in that game last year.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Vegas is saying 9 or 9.5 as the Colts win over/under it seems.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...in-totals.html
    http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_sea...es_lines.shtml

I think that you will beat that, but 14-2, 13-3 is a bit too rosy, as the O/U for the Broncos and Seahawks seems to be about 11.

11-5 seems doable. That might not seem exciting since last year was 11-5, but this schedule seems overall tougher, IMO
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we keep going like this I predict about 53 injuries before the end of the year

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:

I think Seattle will miss the playoffs I know people find that hard to believe but that's my "bold prediction"

Especially if Lynch is serious about holding out.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I think Seattle will miss the playoffs I know people find that hard to believe but that's my "bold prediction"

Especially if Lynch is serious about holding out.
    So much for that

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    So much for that
    Yep. Seattle had all of the hand here. Lynch had no leg to stand on. He put up the same stats last year as he did the year before he signed the contract, I.e. he in no way shape or form is out performing his contract. He was trying to weasel out some long term security since he is 28 and knows that he is in the twilight of his RB career. Seattle saw right through it and didn't blink.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Actually I still think Seattle won't make the playoffs its very hard to repeat in this league and the NFC has more parity than the AFC does.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Actually I still think Seattle won't make the playoffs its very hard to repeat in this league and the NFC has more parity than the AFC does.
    Their in a rough division for sure. A couple of key injuries and they very well could be on the outside looking in. I'm really rooting for Arizona. I love Bruce Arians and want to see him succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yep. Seattle had all of the hand here....Seattle saw right through it and didn't blink.
    they did blink a little:

A league source tells PFT that the Seahawks agreed to bump up Lynch’s base salary to persuade Lynch to report.

Under Lynch’s previous contract, he was due to make a $5 million base salary this year, plus $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and he could have earned another $500,000 in incentives if he had rushed for 1,500 yards. Now Lynch gets a base salary of $6 million (meaning the Seahawks effectively guaranteed the $1 million he previously would have had to earn), plus they’re taking $500,000 that he had been scheduled to get paid in 2015 and giving it to him now instead. In all, Lynch will make $6.5 million this year.

The Seahawks also agreed not to enforce the fines that they were entitled to dock him from the work he has already missed. We’re also hearing that the league office was pressuring the Seahawks to go after some of Lynch’s signing bonus money if he refused to report, as teams are permitted to do under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. But the Seahawks resisted that.

Instead, the Seahawks and Lynch reached a deal amenable to both sides, and Lynch is in camp, making more money in 2014 than he was scheduled to make under his old deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-2014-salary/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I'm just waiting for Allen and Wayne and Bradshaw to get injured. Apparently this is what it has come down to for this team.

Also, not convinced that Pagano has what it takes to get this team to the SB or play a consistent brand of football, especially if there's an insistence of running the ball, when we clearly don't have the personnel for that.

That said I see us as a top 4 team in the AFC getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs and losing again. I'd say 11 wins
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Yeah the honeymoon is definitely over for Chuck this season. I know the Colts had a ton of injuries last season, but they still benefited from a weak division. Also, the defensive side stayed relatively injury free most of the season and we still didn't see improvement even though that is Chuck's calling card. I really like Pagano, but I have concerns about his overall philosophy and game management. Last season it took too long to get away from using the fullback on offense and attempt the ground 'n pound. Pep should take much of the blame for that, but it always falls on the head coach too. This season I'm hoping for a more balanced offense that still lets Luck open it up.

The he one thing I will say is that you saw when this team was completely healthy against SF, Seattle, and Denver they are contenders. The thing is that they're not going to stay healthy this season either. It's going to come down to depth and that falls on Grigson.

Yeah the honeymoon is definitely over for Chuck this season. I know the Colts had a ton of injuries last season, but they still benefited from a weak division. Also, the defensive side stayed relatively injury free most of the season and we still didn't see improvement even though that is Chuck's calling card. I really like Pagano, but I have concerns about his overall philosophy and game management. Last season it took too long to get away from using the fullback on offense and attempt the ground 'n pound. Pep should take much of the blame for that, but it always falls on the head coach too. This season I'm hoping for a more balanced offense that still lets Luck open it up.

The he one thing I will say is that you saw when this team was completely healthy against SF, Seattle, and Denver they are contenders. The thing is that they're not going to stay healthy this season either. It's going to come down to depth and that falls on Grigson.

They weren't healthy against SF, Seattle or Denver actually. Ballard got injured early in the season(which is why we traded for T-Rich to begin with) along with Thomas and Allen. They did however matchup well against them.

Their in a rough division for sure. A couple of key injuries and they very well could be on the outside looking in. I'm really rooting for Arizona. I love Bruce Arians and want to see him succeed.
    I don't think Arizona will go to the playoffs either they're hosting the SB. I think SF will win the division.

I see us getting 12-13 wins. Nicks, Hilton, Wayne, Fleener, and Allen is by far the most talented group Andrew has ever had. Look at the numbers he put up last year with an extremely aveage group that didn't have Wayne for half the season, didn't have Allen for basically the entire season and had Fleener still trying to find his way. Now you have one of the best wide receivers of all time back, and Allen who was honestly a beast his rookie year and you've added another talented wideout in Nicks? It's going to be very good for Luck. Hilton is going to get to operate against nickel backs assuming we can stay relatively healthy. That is going to be really hard for people to defend and I think it will open up the running game for Bradshaw and Richardson as well. I see our offense taking major leaps forward in terms of consistency this year which is an area we struggled last year.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

11-5 due to our difficult schedule.

I still see us losing in the second round of the playoffs against either NE or DEN.

Every year there is a team that comes out of nowhere and is able to compete for a playoff spot but fizzles in the playoffs (KC last year, the Colts the year before, CIN the year before, etc) so I think we will see that again and make it to the 2nd round one more time.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: