Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

Sports Logo

Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are talking about the trade value as simply throw-ins. Please don't change that topic. I understand they are throwing anything at Minnesota to get Love, because they want a player next to him to win it all.
    Fine, throw any 2 Man combination of Thompson/Waiters/Bennett to the TWolves along with Wiggins.

Cuz that's what the TWolves will expect to get from the Cavs....Wiggins+whatever. Anything minus Wiggins is going to be comprable ( at best ) to what the Bulls or Warriors can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    What I am suggesting is giving up three players (Thompson, Waiters, and Bennett) for a chance to win it next year, when their bench will be horrible.

Having Irving, Love, and Lebron leaves them with little other players. Delladova, Varejao, Mike Miller, and Ray Allen are their core after the "big" 3. That Cavs team would be saturated with players that are often injured.

Trading Waiters, Thompson and a pick could get a really good player out there for sure. Wiggins could help Lebron get to the Finals.

My issue is that teams gut their rosters for a big 3 or 4. Meanwhile Spurs are racking it in with a balanced roster. Melo won't win in NY because of the demand for the big name. Durant won't because of the small market teams unable to go into LT. Sure you have to have stars, but gutting a roster to get them leaves you vulnerable.
    That's the way that it works with a Team that is "bought" ( not built ). That's the way that it ( sort of ) worked in Miami and the way that it will end up working in Cleveland.

That's the price to be paid for getting a MAX Level Player that is considered an ELITE Level Player while having 2 other MAXED out Players on the Salary Cap. Teams will have a Top-Heavy Salary structure where the vast majority of the Salary is devoted to the Top 3 Players. The price will likely be to give up Wiggins and build a similar roster to the type of roster that the Heat had, a Top Heavy Salary Capped Team that is surrounded by near Elite Level 3pt shooters and cheaper Vets to fill out the roster that have the experience to help win now....and not later. What's the downside of having cheap but experienced Vets? They are older and will more than likely be oft-injured.

Should the Cavs have to give up Wiggins to get KLove? Depends on how much the Cavs value Wiggins and how much they want to get KLove.

IMHO....I don't think that going with a Big 3 is the way to go. I think that having 2 Elite Players and then spread out the rest Salary Cap to create a much deeper and much better Starting Lineup with higher Quality Starters is the way to go.

Unfortunately, The TWolves are in the position to ask for Wiggins ( cuz they have multiple bidders for KLove that have what could be considered comparable offers....depending on what the TWolves want to do with the roster ), even if one may not think that KLove isn't worth that much. Why? cuz they know that LeBron WANTS to win now, the Cavs MUST win in the next 2 years ( since there is a chance that LeBron can leave after his current contract is up ) and the current roster that the Cavs have won't accomplish that.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-26-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    FWIW I have absolutely no idea what the Twolves are considering. I mean it seems like they are holding on forever hoping the Warriors change their mind about Klay Thompson or something.
    They have another month to wait it out to see if the Warriors buckle.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Waiters has been Rodney stuckey 2.0 so far in his career and Thompson has been one of the NBA's laziest players. The only people who give either of these guys much value beyond their cheap rookie deals is due to them being top-5 draft picks and not actually watching them play.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-26-2014 at 07:26 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Larry Bird needs to make a push and offer David West for Tristan Thomspon and Bennett...
    I'd rather offer West and a future 1st for Marcus Morris and Dragic or Marcus Morris and Bledsoe.

Blah blah blah. Bulls doing this, bulls doing that blah blah blah. Tired of hearing about the Bulls. Bullsht bulls

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Blah blah blah. Bulls doing this, bulls doing that blah blah blah. Tired of hearing about the Bulls. Bullsht bulls
    Uhhh......It is a Bulls thread. If you don't want to read about something pertaining to them, you should probably avoid a thread with Bulls in the title.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Uhhh......It is a Bulls thread. If you don't want to read about something pertaining to them, you should probably avoid a thread with Bulls in the title.
    Where else am I suppose to post it? In the Colts thread?

Where else am I suppose to post it? In the Colts thread?
    Let's try this again.

You went to a thread titled "Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love".

You then posted a complaint, in that thread, about reading about the Bulls.

It is the ONLY active thread with the Bulls in the title.

If you hate the Bulls, I can't understand why you would go to that one thread.

It would be like hating Fords, but going to that dealership instead of the Chevy or Chrysler dealerships that are next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Let's try this again.

You went to a thread titled "Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love".

You then posted a complaint, in that thread, about reading about the Bulls.

It is the ONLY active thread with the Bulls in the title.

If you hate the Bulls, I can't understand why you would go to that one thread.

It would be like hating Fords, but going to that dealership instead of the Chevy or Chrysler dealerships that are next door.
    Cause that's how I feel about the bulls. And like u said its a bulls thread. Idk what you're trying to prove. Fuxk the Bulls

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cause that's how I feel about the bulls. And like u said its a bulls thread. Idk what you're trying to prove. Fuxk the Bulls
    Your complaint is that you're tired of hearing about the bulls. So, stay out of the 1 current bulls thread and you will be happier and not have to worry about complaining about the amount of bulls news in the forum.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/K...e_Pacers020112

May have been posted on here already. I never knew K Love was this salty of a guy. Would be awesome to see he and LeBron lose in Cleveland together (hopefully to our Pacers).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post

May have been posted on here already. I never knew K Love was this salty of a guy. Would be awesome to see he and LeBron lose in Cleveland together (hopefully to our Pacers).
    Yeah, I remember that. It was funny to hear a guy who has never sniffed the playoffs talking that kind of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Your complaint is that you're tired of hearing about the bulls. So, stay out of the 1 current bulls thread and you will be happier and not have to worry about complaining about the amount of bulls news in the forum.
    Or have to strain to come up with another work around for the "F" word.

I wonder what % of his posts have that? Seems like it is in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post

God I miss Danny Granger.

I miss that year.

I miss when our identity was physical toughness.

We are so far removed from those days that it is depressing.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post: