Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 115

Thread: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

  1. #76

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would agree for the most part. Hibbert has the higher highs and the lower lows whereas Noah is much more consistent. With that said, I think Hibbert will be able to sustain his level of play far longer than Noah who depends on his speed and athleticism.

    When both are playing at their best, I believe they are neck and neck. Noah just happens to be more consistent and therefore the better player.
    He can't even sustain his level of play for half a season. When both are playing their best, Noah is flirting with triple doubles and impacting all areas of the game.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


  3. #77

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ........ Noah is flirting with triple doubles and impacting all areas of the game.
    Well, Roy impacts all areas of the court too.









    By falling down all the time.

  4. #78
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's obvious that the TWolves are waiting to see if the Warriors, Bulls and Cavs up their offer. They are in no rush to pull the trigger on any trade involving KLove. Maybe they make a decision right before training Camp?
    If the Cavs offered Wiggins/Bennett/2 picks and they are waiting for more? They aren't getting it. Even if Love agrees to an extension they are going to get anything better. This is being greedy. Its tear gassing yourself out of the deal. One thing Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, and Melo taught the NBA is you can't trust the empty cupboard trades (Melo for Galinari, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, pick), or the non-extended superstars (Dwightmare), or malecontent players after they extend (Williams).

    Love isn't Dwight (Finals), or Melo (Western Conference Finals), or even Williams (playoffs). And yet he is worth more than 2 number 1s and 2 first rounders? He is a great player, but come on now?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,532
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    If I am Cleveland and am offering Wiggins/Bennett/and a first I am telling Minnesota take it or leave it. I mean, Kevin Love is a nice player, but if that isn't enough to entice them to hell with it.

  7. #80
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I am Cleveland and am offering Wiggins/Bennett/and a first I am telling Minnesota take it or leave it. I mean, Kevin Love is a nice player, but if that isn't enough to entice them to hell with it.
    But the issue is Lebron is demanding Love. He wants Love. And he will go to great lengths to not lose Love. Lebron says that, "Love, There's only you in my life. And love I'll be a fool for you. I'm Sure. You know I don't mind. Whooooa, you know I don't mind. Cos You.You mean the world to me. Oh, I know, I know I found you. My endless Love."

    Last edited by Major Cold; 07-24-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: finishing touches

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,532
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the issue is Lebron is demanding Love. He wants Love. And he will go to great lengths to not lose Love. Lebron says that, "Love, There's only you in my life. And love I'll be a fool for you. I'm Sure. You know I don't mind. Whooooa, you know I don't mind. Cos You.You mean the world to me. Oh, I know, I know I found you. My endless Love."

    I would think Lebron would understand that Cleveland made a very legit play to get him and it isn't worth gutting the team. Maybe not, but hearing Lebron speak I would think he gets it.

  10. #82
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think Lebron would understand that Cleveland made a very legit play to get him and it isn't worth gutting the team. Maybe not, but hearing Lebron speak I would think he gets it.
    I would think that Cleveland would understand that the last time Lebron made roster choices it did not end so well.

  11. #83
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think Lebron would understand that Cleveland made a very legit play to get him and it isn't worth gutting the team. Maybe not, but hearing Lebron speak I would think he gets it.
    Any deal short of trading Irving or LeBron is not "gutting the team." They have very few assets outside of those two and Wiggins. Everyone else is window dressing.

    In any case, I think they have a deal in 30 days. This gives them time to work out a deal with a 3rd team (Sixers?) to take Minnesota's unwanted cap garbage (Barea/Martin) in exchange for a young player the sixers want (most likely Waiters)

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. #84
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think that Cleveland would understand that the last time Lebron made roster choices it did not end so well.
    He wouldn't have come back without full roster control, which is the one thing Miami could not give him.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #85
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wouldn't have come back without full roster control, which is the one thing Miami could not give him.
    Oh I agree. And I don't blame Cleveland for bowing to the king.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any deal short of trading Irving or LeBron is not "gutting the team." They have very few assets outside of those two and Wiggins. Everyone else is window dressing.
    I disagree slightly here. There is value in Waiters, Bennett, and Thompson. They aren't future HOFers. But they could be good role players and maybe even All-Star caliber players. It could be argued that Waiters and Bennett has more value than Jimmy Butler. Thompson could be a Taj Gibson one day. These players have value, even though they aren't the Lebrons or Loves of the NBA.

  14. #86
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Waiters is a guy they have to move anyway since Irving hates him, Thompson is a nice role player but hardly irreplaceable, and Bennett has yet to prove that he belongs in the NBA at all.

    When you're talking about an all-NBA power forward in Kevin Love, those guys are nothing but throw-ins.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  16. #87
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,532
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any deal short of trading Irving or LeBron is not "gutting the team." They have very few assets outside of those two and Wiggins. Everyone else is window dressing.

    In any case, I think they have a deal in 30 days. This gives them time to work out a deal with a 3rd team (Sixers?) to take Minnesota's unwanted cap garbage (Barea/Martin) in exchange for a young player the sixers want (most likely Waiters)

    Whatever you say boss. Wiggins in my book is the best asset Minnesota has been offered. I wouldn't keep playing games with them if I was Lebron.

  17. #88
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Who says they're even playing games? Wiggins signing his deal makes it easier for the salaries to match. For all we know this was basically a step in making the trade.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #89
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Cavs offered Wiggins/Bennett/2 picks and they are waiting for more? They aren't getting it. Even if Love agrees to an extension they are going to get anything better. This is being greedy. Its tear gassing yourself out of the deal. One thing Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, and Melo taught the NBA is you can't trust the empty cupboard trades (Melo for Galinari, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov, pick), or the non-extended superstars (Dwightmare), or malecontent players after they extend (Williams).

    Love isn't Dwight (Finals), or Melo (Western Conference Finals), or even Williams (playoffs). And yet he is worth more than 2 number 1s and 2 first rounders? He is a great player, but come on now?
    I didn't say that some Team is going to up their offer nor that the Cavs offer isn't good ( if not the best ).....I'm saying that as long as there are bidders, they have the luxury of waiting it out and hoping for more.

    And, yes....they are being greedy. If they weren't, then Wiggins would have been in a TWolves uniform by now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #90
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree slightly here. There is value in Waiters, Bennett, and Thompson. They aren't future HOFers. But they could be good role players and maybe even All-Star caliber players. It could be argued that Waiters and Bennett has more value than Jimmy Butler. Thompson could be a Taj Gibson one day. These players have value, even though they aren't the Lebrons or Loves of the NBA.
    I highlighted the parts that you should really make a note of. Right now......Waiters nor Bennett are anything close to Jimmy Butler....Thompson isn't on the same level as Taj yet. If they have value....then trade them for Players that the Cavs can surround LeBron and Irving to help them win NOW....not a year or two from now.

    The Cavs have 2 years to win 2 Championships with LeBron. The Cavs....much less LeBron....doesn't have the luxury ( nor patience ) to wait for them to become what you suggest that they can become.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-24-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #91
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,445
    Mood

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    If Cleveland has to let go of Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson and a 1st I am not too scared of them. Those three might not be great but they all are good and improving. Love is one heck of a player but I agree that is too much to give up.

  21. #92
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Cleveland has to let go of Wiggins, Bennet, Thompson and a 1st I am not too scared of them. Those three might not be great but they all are good and improving. Love is one heck of a player but I agree that is too much to give up.
    Larry Bird needs to make a push and offer David West for Tristan Thomspon and Bennett...
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  22. #93
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry Bird needs to make a push and offer David West for Tristan Thomspon and Bennett...
    The last thing I want is for West to abuse us in the Playoffs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  24. #94

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    I just got the cold sweats imagining the Pacers playing against David West and Lebron James on the same team.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  26. #95
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I highlighted the parts that you should really make a note of. Right now......Waiters nor Bennett are anything close to Jimmy Butler....Thompson isn't on the same level as Taj yet. If they have value....then trade them for Players that the Cavs can surround LeBron and Irving to help them win NOW....not a year or two from now.

    The Cavs have 2 years to win 2 Championships with LeBron. The Cavs....much less LeBron....doesn't have the luxury ( nor patience ) to wait for them to become what you suggest that they can become.
    You are mistaken trade value and court value m


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  27. #96
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are mistaken trade value and court value m

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Whatever value they have.....do you think that they will be contributing on the level that LeBron will need in order to SERIOUSLY compete for a Championship over the next 2 seasons?

    My guess is not likely.

    Yes, going after KLove may mean mortgaging the Cavs Future.....by trading Wiggins ( yes, the only Player with any true future SuperStar potential here ) , Thompson, Waiters and/or Bennett ( who I don't think will really contribute in the next season or two ).

    Going after KLove shows LeBron 2 things......the Cavs are willing to do anything to compete for a Championship now by making serious roster changes to win now ( by going after one of the Top PFs in the league ) and that they are willing to do pretty much anything to try to convince LeBron to stay beyond the end of his current contract ( by giving up arguably one the of the top prospects in the League in years ).

    2 years....that's what the Cavs are focusing on now.....whatever happens after that....even if it means giving up Wiggins....they will figure out after making 2 serious runs at the ECF or ( likely ) beyond.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. #97
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry Bird needs to make a push and offer David West for Tristan Thomspon and Bennett...
    sweet lord, the one player in the league who is actually worse than our bigs at setting screens

    EDIT: The thing I love about this gif most is that (if I remember right) there is like 5 seconds on the shot clock.
    Last edited by dal9; 07-25-2014 at 06:14 PM.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  30. #98
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    http://online.wsj.com/articles/sourc...=Chris+herring

    The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert , according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

    But the long-shot offer, made in the past week, was declined and never stood much of a chance, particularly because the Timberwolves could potentially strike a richer deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers involving No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins. The Chicago Bulls, who have a bevy of intriguing assets to trade, have reportedly had conversations with Minnesota about Love in recent weeks since failing to sign Knicks star Carmelo Anthony in free agency.
    I know that there was ZERO chance that the TWolves would consider this ( it's quite obvious that any other offer that the TWolves have on the table is WAY BETTER than this offer ), but this illustrates what I ( and others ) have been saying, the TWolves have the luxury of waiting it out for another month to see if other Teams can make a comparable offer to the Cavs offer until Wiggins can be traded.

    To be clear....I'M NOT SAYING that the Knicks offer was anywhere close to what the Bulls, Cavs, Warriors or even what the Celtics offered. I'm saying that until the Twolves accept the Cavs offer ( which I do think is the best offer ).....there is a chance that some Team is going to try to make an attempt to make a better off than the Cavs offer.

    Who knows, the Warriors may re-consider doing a Lee+Klay offer and if that happens in that timeframe. If that happens, who knows what the TWolves may do .
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-26-2014 at 02:37 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  31. #99
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever value they have.....do you think that they will be contributing on the level that LeBron will need in order to SERIOUSLY compete for a Championship over the next 2 seasons?
    We are talking about the trade value as simply throw-ins. Please don't change that topic. I understand they are throwing anything at Minnesota to get Love, because they want a player next to him to win it all. What I am suggesting is giving up three players (Thompson, Waiters, and Bennett) for a chance to win it next year, when their bench will be horrible. Having Irving, Love, and Lebron leaves them with little other players. Delladova, Varejao, Mike Miller, and Ray Allen are their core after the "big" 3. That Cavs team would be saturated with players that are often injured.

    Trading Waiters, Thompson and a pick could get a really good player out there for sure. Wiggins could help Lebron get to the Finals.

    My issue is that teams gut their rosters for a big 3 or 4. Meanwhile Spurs are racking it in with a balanced roster. Melo won't win in NY because of the demand for the big name. Durant won't because of the small market teams unable to go into LT. Sure you have to have stars, but gutting a roster to get them leaves you vulnerable.

  32. #100
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,532
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/sourc...=Chris+herring



    I know that there was ZERO chance that the TWolves would consider this ( it's quite obvious that any other offer that the TWolves have on the table is WAY BETTER than this offer ), but this illustrates what I ( and others ) have been saying, the TWolves have the luxury of waiting it out for another month to see if other Teams can make a comparable offer to the Cavs offer until Wiggins can be traded.

    To be clear....I'M NOT SAYING that the Knicks offer was anywhere close to what the Bulls, Cavs, Warriors or even what the Celtics offered. I'm saying that until the Twolves accept the Cavs offer ( which I do think is the best offer ).....there is a chance that some Team is going to try to make an attempt to make a better off than the Cavs offer.

    Who knows, the Warriors may re-consider doing a Lee+Klay offer and if that happens in that timeframe. If that happens, who knows what the TWolves may do .
    FWIW I have absolutely no idea what the Twolves are considering. I mean it seems like they are holding on forever hoping the Warriors change their mind about Klay Thompson or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •