Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

Default Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

Just heard on ESPN that the Bulls are making a push to get Love. The Bulls are extremely deep now and might have some pieces to get it done if Minny wants to compete sooner rather than later. Gibson, Butler, Mirotic, Dunleavy would be enticing trade pieces. Can you imagine a Bulls roster of Noah, Gasol, Rose, and Love? They would immediately become favorites in the East.

Default Re: Bulls Making A Push For Kevin Love

I don't see why the Bulls offer could be any better than a potential Celtics or Cavs one. What is a rebuilding team gonna do with Taj Gibson or Mike Dunleavy? The Celtics can offer a bunch of draft picks (and don't even need to space them over two years because they have so many 1st rounders from other teams) and Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, or even Marcus Smart. The Cavs have four young top 5 picks to package together.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just heard on ESPN that the Bulls are making a push to get Love. The Bulls are extremely deep now and might have some pieces to get it done if Minny wants to compete sooner rather than later. Gibson, Butler, Mirotic, Dunleavy would be enticing trade pieces. Can you imagine a Bulls roster of Noah, Gasol, Rose, and Love? They would immediately become favorites in the East.
    They seem to always have great teams on paper. Lets see if they can stay healthy for a week.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Only three of those guys can be on the floor at a time. You rolling with Snell and Hinrich in crunch time?

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I don't see why the Bulls offer could be any better than a potential Celtics or Cavs one. What is a rebuilding team gonna do with Taj Gibson or Mike Dunleavy? The Celtics can offer a bunch of draft picks (and don't even need to space them over two years because they have so many 1st rounders from other teams) and Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger, or even Marcus Smart. The Cavs have four young top 5 picks to package together.
    Didn't know the Celtics had even contacted Minnesota. Are they even interested?

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Only three of those guys can be on the floor at a time. You rolling with Snell and Hinrich in crunch time?
    None of this is MY opinion. I just know the media will anoint then favs in the East if this goes down.

Butler is pretty much their only decent wing, Dunleavy is ok at best, and will be 34 when the season starts, Snell isnt that good, and i'm not in love with McDermott. Their wing situation is worse than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Butler is pretty much their only decent wing, Dunleavy is ok at best, and will be 34 when the season starts, Snell isnt that good, and i'm not in love with McDermott. Their wing situation is worse than ours.
    Way too early to call on McDermott. He has been destroying Summer league although I know that doesn't always mean much.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

at that offer. Come on.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

They also have a good coach in Thibodeau yeah this could be bad for us.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-as-wednesday/

Report: Cavaliers to sign Andrew Wiggins as early as Wednesday

We passed along the report a couple of days ago that the Cavaliers were expected to sign Andrew Wiggins to his rookie contract sometime this week, and discussed at the time how that may or may not impact any trade talks Cleveland has going with the Timberwolves on a potential deal for Kevin Love.

The only thing that’s changed since then is that we may have a firm date for Wiggins to be signed, and it could be as early as Wednesday.

From Tom Withers of The Associated Press:

A person familiar with the negotiations says the Cavs will sign the No. 1 overall pick to his deal, an agreement that would prevent any potential trade involving the small forward from being completed for 30 days.

Wiggins has been linked to a possible trade with Minnesota for All-Star forward Kevin Love. The person familiar with the talks says Wiggins will sign with Cleveland as early as Wednesday. The person spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the team is not commenting on its plans.

Signing Wiggins wouldn’t necessarily take him out of trade talks for Love; it would merely delay the earliest date when the transaction could be completed. But a trade for Love involving Wiggins could still be agreed to before then, just as free agent signings are during the moratorium period in the early days of July.

Reports have conflicted on whether or not Wiggins has been made available in a deal for Love — we’ve heard that both he and Anthony Bennett could be dealt, and we’ve heard Cavaliers head coach David Blatt say that Wiggins is “not going anywhere,” as well.

Obviously, it remains to be seen whether Wiggins might be traded, or even if the Cavaliers are able to put together a strong enough package to entice Minnesota to part ways with Love at all — especially now that the Bulls have re-entered the picture. But either way, it looks like Wiggins will be under contract with Cleveland beginning this week.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson are real nice players, but neither one is a bonafide star. I'd rather take the chance that Cavs' Wiggins could be.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

None of this is MY opinion. I just know the media will anoint then favs in the East if this goes down.
    Sorry, wasn't saying you as in you. Just in general.

who will start out of Love, Gasol and Noah?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    who will start out of Love, Gasol and Noah?
    If they get Love, Love and Noah would be the front court.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sucks for Gibson. He was told he'd be starting next season. Looks like he'll be starting for Minnesota instead.

The Bulls are not trading their 4th, 5th and 6th best players for Kevin Love. Why would anyone take this seriously?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    The Bulls are not trading their 4th, 5th and 6th best players for Kevin Love. Why would anyone take this seriously?
    Well...obviously the Bulls are taking it seriously. Don't know EXACTLY what's on the trade table, I was just reporting what ESPN was speculating COULD be on the trade table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I think you are underestimating Taj Gibson a bit, not saying the trade is going to happen, but Gibson is a very good player, and he averaged 18+ ppg in the playoffs for the Bulls. Nikola Mirotic is an interesting long term prospect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    To be fair right now we are rolling with Hill & Miles at crunch time, is that really any better?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

A very good player that's started 13 games over the last 3 seasons because he couldn't beat out the legendary Carlos Boozer....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    To be fair right now we are rolling with Hill & Miles at crunch time, is that really any better?
    Yes

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Yes
    Why? Without using our blue & gold colored glasses.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Why? Without using our blue & gold colored glasses.
    Well, Miles is better than Snell, I mean, Snell hardly even played last season so I don't think there is an argument over Snell being better than Miles, at least not yet. As for Hill vs Hinrich, I am not sure when this Hill isn't a good player perception came in but Hill is a very good player, when Lance was a 5th option Hill averaged 14.2 ppg 4.7 apg and 3.7 rpg on about 45% shooting, and was one of our more successful crunch time players. We should expect at least those numbers once again, and probably more since Hill will be handling the ball much more. Hinrich is an ok player, but he shot less than 40% from the field last season, and is 33. There should be no debate Hinrich is even close to as good as George Hill is. I am perfectly fine with rolling George Hill out in crunch time because Hill is a very talented scorer who took a back-seat FOR ONE YEAR HERE, and now everyone acts like he is not capable of ever being aggressive again. Hill has hit many clutch shots in his career, most notably the Portland game tying 3 last season, and the notion that Hill isn't a good NBA player, or isn't good enough to be out in crunch time needs to end, because it is not accurate.

I would also like to add that imo, Hinrich and Snell isn't even close to as good as Hill and Miles.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 07-22-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Well, Miles is better than Snell, I mean, Snell hardly even played last season so I don't think there is an argument over Snell being better than Miles, at least not yet. As for Hill vs Hinrich, I am not sure when this Hill isn't a good player perception came in but Hill is a very good player, when Lance was a 5th option Hill averaged 14.2 ppg 4.7 apg and 3.7 rpg on about 45% shooting, and was one of our more successful crunch time players. We should expect at least those numbers once again, and probably more since Hill will be handling the ball much more. Hinrich is an ok player, but he shot less than 40% from the field last season, and is 33. There should be no debate Hinrich is even close to as good as George Hill is. I am perfectly fine with rolling George Hill out in crunch time because Hill is a very talented scorer who took a back-seat FOR ONE YEAR HERE, and now everyone acts like he is not capable of ever being aggressive again. Hill has hit many clutch shots in his career, most notably the Portland game tying 3 last season, and the notion that Hill isn't a good NBA player, or isn't good enough to be out in crunch time needs to end, because it is not accurate.
    Snell is an athletic two way player, not nearly the shooter Miles is but has the potential to be Jimmy Butler like on the defensive end. He's had a monster summer league but we can all agree and just say "yea but its the summer league". But he is a decent rebounder, physical defender and not a horrid shooter.

Miles is a better shooter to be sure but I'm not sure he does everything else the way that Snell can.

I like Hinrich, he is a physically tough player. However you are correct he is getting long in the tooth. But he is still a solid point guard who can run an offense better than Hill can IMO because of his ability to make entry passes better.

However what I am saying is that even if I give you both of our players being a little better than theirs, I don't btw but let's pretend I do, then really is our unit so much better as to feel comfortable going into crunch time with either lineup?

Personally I say no.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post: