Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston Celtics sign Evan Turner, Because Not Enough People Hated Them

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Boston Celtics sign Evan Turner, Because Not Enough People Hated Them

http://deadspin.com/boston-celtics-s...peo-1608610277

Boston Celtics Sign Evan Turner, Because Not Enough People Hated Them

After a season in which their bottomed-out squad of plucky nobodies occasionally showed admirable spunk under first-year coach Brad Stevens, the Boston Celtics evidently decided they'd had enough of this not-being-hated-by-literally-everyone crap, and went out and signed ball-pounding avatar of hopelessness Evan Turner, whose game is basketball's version of a wet fart.

If the phrase "Evan Turner, Boston Celtic" doesn't make you want to puke and cry and raze the Northeast of all life, you're probably Danny Ainge. The rest of us will be over here retching into our cupped elbows.

Here is Evan Turner's wack **** getting spiked into the Earth's molten core by John Wall.

Fun fact: His fistfight with Lance Stephenson before Game 1 of their first-round playoffs series back in the spring was the most unlikable moment in NBA history.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-21-2014 at 06:52 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Boston Celtics sign Evan Turner, Because Not Enough People Hated Them

I can see Grimp shaking uncontrollably questioning the meaning of life....

But in all seriousness, good luck with that one Boston.

Default Re: Boston Celtics sign Evan Turner, Because Not Enough People Hated Them

He'll do fine if Rondo is setting him up for opportunities. If Rondo gets traded though, it'll be Marcus Smart diming him.

I'm watching Sports Center right now. They did the Evan Turner segment and only showed his Sixer highlights but nothing from his Pacers stint. I wonder why

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

So......

Well, there IS a minimum number of players each team needs to have on their roster.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I wonder what kind of contract E.T. would have got of he would have stayed in Philly and kept his averages the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what kind of contract E.T. would have got of he would have stayed in Philly and kept his averages the same?
    Probably a good one. Philly is under the cap right? They haven't added anyone this off-season other than rookies.

Mood

I was looking for the terms of this deal but couldn't find them. Anyone got it?

Good riddance

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I was looking for the terms of this deal but couldn't find them. Anyone got it?
    "portion" of the MLE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I wonder if Turner dropped the pen when he went to sign the contract?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherokee For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm rooting for him. Hope he does well.

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The tank is strong. I don't see how they go into the season with this stable of guards. I think Rondo is all but gone at this point.
    Poor Brad Stevens.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The tank is strong. I don't see how they go into the season with this stable of guards. I think Rondo is all but gone at this point.
    Poor Brad Stevens.
    Ainge will deal Rondo now that Kevin Love isn't going to Boston. I'd love to have Rondo but I think we need a point guard who's a better pure shooter at this point.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    I wonder if Turner dropped the pen when he went to sign the contract?
    Never made it. Stuck on the highway.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

My favorite move of the offseason! Thanks Danny Ainge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Poor Brad Stevens.

Brad is anything but poor otherwise he wouldn't have left Butler for Boston to begin with.

That being said while I'm glad the Pacers are rid of him(since he didn't really fit here) I could see Stevens getting more out of him than we did.

That Granger trade seems really pointless with each passing day(I mean yes Danny wasn't fitting in here either at this point but what did we gain?)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    That Granger trade seems really pointless with each passing day(I mean yes Danny wasn't fitting in here either at this point but what did we gain?)
    LaVoy Allen.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Considering our history of guys who don't do well here going to other teams
    to become highly productive contributors, as badly as Evan did here he
    might just become an all-star in Boston. Honestly I wouldn't be too
    surprised. Either way, while he didn't work out here, he did nothing
    worthy of hating on him like some do here. Move on. Geesh!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Evan isn't as bad as people around here make him out to be, it just wasn't an ideal situation or circumstance here for him. Wouldn't shock me at all if he showed much more in Boston; he'd have a full off-season to learn the system and I lubs Brad Stevens.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Honestly though its hard to remember that Lance was drafted in the second round while this guy was drafted 2nd overall. Some people laugh at me when I say tanking and getting a high draft pick is not always a guarantee of becoming a better team.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't "hate" the guy or wish him ill will, but dang he was really, really bad.

His lack of a basketball IQ combined with his terrible passing makes it difficult for me to imagine him revitalizing his career anywhere.

I remember this time last year. Every time I would read an article about the Celtics and see Brad Stevens as their coach I would get a sick feeling in my stomach. For years I hated the Celtics like I have the Heat for the past 4 seasons. I'm starting to get over it finally, but I hated seeing Brad go there. I truly believe that he will become one of the best coaches in the NBA. If there is any coach that will help The Villain revive his career it's Brad Stevens.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

I'm just so happy he's with another team. Seems like a decent guy, I wish him well, and I will desperately be attempting to forget HOW he came to the Pacers and his subsequent stay for the rest of my natural life.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"