Thread: RIP James Garner

Default RIP James Garner

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/19/james-...ockford-files/

"Legendary Actor James Garner Dead at 86.
    Legendary actor James Garner -- star of "The Rockford Files" and "The Notebook" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us an ambulance was dispatched to the actor's home in Los Angeles around 8PM Saturday evening ... and he was dead when they arrived on scene.

We do not know his cause of death at this time.

Garner was one of the first actors to amass success in both television and film ... and he starred in a long list of classic films -- as well as a co-starring role in the '94 big screen version of "Maverick" starring Mel Gibson. Garner was the original Bret Maverick from 1957-1960 ... as well as the same character in a short lived '80s remake.

Garner, who was 86 years old, also played the older version of Ryan Gosling's character in "The Notebook."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: RIP James Garner

I absolutely loved watching Garner. Always a treat, whether it was Maverick, Rockford or any of the movie roles he played.

I always thought that a number of his roles were written around his own personality. The similarities between the characters he played were obvious. That was part of what made it fun. You knew, regardless of the format, he was going to inject his humor into it at some point. Most times at multiple points.

I will really miss seeing him in anything new now, but will still look forward to every re-run of every series or movie.

RIP to a very talented man. You are already missed.
    Last edited by Tom White; 07-21-2014 at 11:02 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember watching Rockford growing up and really enjoying it. I now enjoy watching the re-runs of his shows for he had a great personality.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maverick is one of my favorites.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I forgot to add something that some of the younger race fans may not know. He also drove the 500 pace car multiple times. 3 or 4 times, I think.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post: