Thread: 105 year old woman throws out the first pitch at Padres game

Default 105 year old woman throws out the first pitch at Padres game

http://www.people.com/article/105-ye...ws-first-pitch

Agnes McKee, 105, Throws Out the First Pitch at Padres Game

At 105 years old, the Indiana native threw the first pitch at Sunday's Padres games at Petco Park in San Diego.

Ahead of the big game, McKee had been practicing pitching with staffers at her retirement community in San Diego, according to Yahoo.

The feisty centenarian is not much of a sports fan she's more into art, bridge games, dancing and a classic martini but her late husband was a baseball player, she told KSWB-San Diego.

"I haven't been very into the Padres because they don't ever win any games," she said with a laugh. "I tried to learn the names of some of the ball players in case somebody asked me that. "

The Padres regularly honor the military at Sunday home games and since McKee's husband, who passed away six years ago, was a veteran, she was an ideal choice, Yahoo reports.

No matter what anyone thought of her toss, she can take comfort in knowing her pitch will likely be under less scrutiny than rapper 50 Cent's recent attempt. He notoriously threw a horrendous first pitch at a New York Mets game in May.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 105 year old woman throws out the first pitch at Padres game

I saw this on ESPN.

I love San Diego's organization. Behind this stuff and dressing in camouflage on Sunday's to honor the military I really like what they are all about.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I very seriously tried to refrain from the statement that after the game the Cubs signed her to be in their bullpen...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I very seriously tried to refrain from the statement that after the game the Cubs signed her to be in their bullpen...
    Eh, the Cubs don't sign or draft pitchers that they can't destroy or trade so she doesn't fit in with their MO.