Thread: Pacers/TWolves

Default Pacers/TWolves

TWolves seem to be one team interested in Turner, and they may need a PF soon.

Pacers get: Kevin Martin

Timberwolves get: Evan Turner (S&T), Luis Scola, 2017 1st rd pick

Starters

Hill
    Martin
    George
    West
    Hibbert

Bench - Watson, Stuckey, Miles, Copeland/Rudez, Mahinmi

May have been a better option before we signed Stuckey. Probably less likely with Stuckey on board.

Default Re: Pacers/TWolves

I'd rather have Deing. T'Wolves honestly have no good players outside of Love and maybe Brewer and Dieng.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather have Deing. T'Wolves honestly have no good players outside of Love and maybe Brewer and Dieng.
    Kevin Martin is pretty weak on defense but we have pieces to cover that up a bit. Scoring was an issue at times for us. Martin brings more scoring and spreads the floor for PG more than Lance did. I think it'd be a good fit for our starting lineup and would allow us to bring another great shooter (miles) off the bench.

Martin/miles would have been my preferred lance substitute over miles/stuckey I guess is my point. As it seems we could have got something done possibly without giving up too much. (Wolves seem to be shopping Martin a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Kevin Martin is pretty weak on defense but we have pieces to cover that up a bit. Scoring was an issue at times for us. Martin brings more scoring and spreads the floor for PG more than Lance did. I think it'd be a good fit for our starting lineup and would allow us to bring another great shooter (miles) off the bench.

Martin/miles would have been my preferred lance substitute over miles/stuckey I guess is my point. As it seems we could have got something done possibly without giving up too much. (Wolves seem to be shopping Martin a bit)

Martin was more effective as a scorer back in his Houston days. Now.... he's average.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Martin was more effective as a scorer back in his Houston days. Now.... he's average.
    If 19 PPG is average...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's owed $21.2M over the next three years. I'd rather go get a guy like Jamal Crawford as a backup PG, who handles really well and lights it up. He's inefficient, but we almost need a bit more of that with Lance gone. He's getting a bit older, but would be worth his contract with only $1.5M guaranteed for next year. He's certainly shoot-first.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post

If 19 PPG is average...

He hardly ever shows up for games though. He wasn't that great in OKC. As for Jamal Crawford, is he even available? He re-upped with Clippers right?

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    He's owed $21.2M over the next three years. I'd rather go get a guy like Jamal Crawford as a backup PG, who handles really well and lights it up. He's inefficient, but we almost need a bit more of that with Lance gone. He's getting a bit older, but would be worth his contract with only $1.5M guaranteed for next year. He's certainly shoot-first.

Or you could deal Watson and Scola to Boston for Marcus Thornton who's in his final year. Move Stuckey to back up PG.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way am I giving up a first round pick for Kevin Martin.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post: