Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you'll be told because Herb Simon won't exceed the luxury tax.
    They didn't have to go out and spend over 4M a year for CJ Miles. No CJ, no luxury tax and there would have been money for Lance. Recall what Simon had said and the way he said it. IMO they were not going to pay more to match and everyone including Lance knew it.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Lance just scratched the surface in Indiana. He has been humbled and he has more to prove then ever. He will take the Hornets to another level. He will make all of us go damn Larry, why couldn't you just give him 3/30 with a 3rd year player option to begin with, instead of trying to lock him up for 5 years on the cheap.
    So basically Larry should have bid against himself for Lance to pre-empt everyone else, but when someone else in the FO does the same he should be tarred and feathered.

It's all going to be based on hindsight. If Lance blows it by trying to show off for another contract then the naysayers will say "I told you so". If Lance grows up and does well, the "at all costs" folks will say the same. And, of course, in either case it will should have been obvious to all but the most ignorant that it was clear from the beginning that whichever event collapses the probability wave function would be the result and argument otherwise would be futile.

Larry did EXACTLY what people here have clamored for the FO to do for decades - figure out a value, let the market speak, and if it was over his value then let it go. Clearly, Larry - arguably the man who knows Lance better than anyone else in the league - felt that taking a chance on Lance would not be worth it unless he was locked up long term. He stuck to that.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    They didn't have to go out and spend over 4M a year for CJ Miles. No CJ, no luxury tax and there would have been money for Lance. Recall what Simon had said and the way he said it. IMO they were not going to pay more to match and everyone including Lance knew it.
    How much were you wanting to pay Stephenson? Then after that, where was the bench upgrade going to come from?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All I know is that Charlotte will be a League Pass team for me next year. Should be very, very interesting.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    All I know is that Charlotte will be a League Pass team for me next year. Should be very, very interesting.
    If you ever are in the area and want to catch a game let me know. Although with the re-branding, making the playoffs last season and a pretty good free agency period I am thinking that it will be tough to get lower bowl tickets for 40$ like I have been able to in the past.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Yeah...you might get to see the next NBA brawl start.

.......just kidding.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    So basically Larry should have bid against himself for Lance to pre-empt everyone else, but when someone else in the FO does the same he should be tarred and feathered.

It's all going to be based on hindsight. If Lance blows it by trying to show off for another contract then the naysayers will say "I told you so". If Lance grows up and does well, the "at all costs" folks will say the same. And, of course, in either case it will should have been obvious to all but the most ignorant that it was clear from the beginning that whichever event collapses the probability wave function would be the result and argument otherwise would be futile.

Larry did EXACTLY what people here have clamored for the FO to do for decades - figure out a value, let the market speak, and if it was over his value then let it go. Clearly, Larry - arguably the man who knows Lance better than anyone else in the league - felt that taking a chance on Lance would not be worth it unless he was locked up long term. He stuck to that.
    Lance wanted to leave, I really believe that, and would only sign long term if we grossly over paid. I been with Lance from day 1, he wanted out, IMHO, so it goes. Like Jay said "on to the next one"
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Yeah...you might get to see the next NBA brawl start.

.......just kidding.
    *** brah, maybe not

I think the real "locker room issues " will show come the first Pacers/Charlotte game

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

[IMG][/IMG]

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Wow, snap

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    If you ever are in the area and want to catch a game let me know. Although with the re-branding, making the playoffs last season and a pretty good free agency period I am thinking that it will be tough to get lower bowl tickets for 40$ like I have been able to in the past.
    Hey thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. Charlotte isn't too far from here and I am always looking to get out of DC. It is one of those places you move for for a job...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    How much were you wanting to pay Stephenson? Then after that, where was the bench upgrade going to come from?
    If I thought the chemistry issues he was causing (my opinion) could be resolved, I would have no problem going to 10 or 11M/yr. He is that good and maybe better, but ONLY if he's not carrying baggage.

Mood

I can't show any real hate for Lance. He obviously wanted to leave so I have moved on. It will be interesting the first game against Charlotte here at the fieldhouse if he drives to the lane and him and Roy meet. I just hope Roy doesn't go Karl Malone and get tossed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I remember when the Pacers "bid against themselves" to re-sign GH, many of the subsequent GH Haters came out and complained about that ( and still do ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I remember when the Pacers "bid against themselves" to re-sign GH, many of the subsequent GH Haters came out and complained about that ( and still do ).
    Maybe I am wrong, but it seemed like 90% of this board was thrilled to have Hill back at his current contract.

BlueNGold: You, uh, you hate Lance don't you?

MR: No......Hey, I got a uncle I hate though. Ever time he comes out to the house, he's always wantin' to rassle with the mule. And the mule gets all wore out... and he gets all wore out.
    Well, I, I don't really hate him, though; it's just that I ain't exactly partial to him.

BlueNGold: Did I ask you about your uncle?

MR: I thought you wanted to talk about hatin' people.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Maybe I am wrong, but it seemed like 90% of this board was thrilled to have Hill back at his current contract.
    You are correct, but the 10% tends to be loud.

Sports Logo

Maybe at the time of the signing....yes.....but I think the percentage of PD Forum Members that were thrilled to have GH at $8+ mil a year has shrunk over the last 1.5 seasons when his production has decreased with the emergence of Lance. Over the last 2 seasons.....his production has been reduced and did not match up with his price tag.

TO BE CLEAR, I am not blaming Lance for anything.....I think that GH's role has changed over the last 2 seasons, ( as a result ) his production has decreased and the contract that he signed doesn't line up with his production.

My guess is that GH's production will match up closer to how well he performed in the 2012-2013 season when his role in the offense was greater.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Maybe at the time of the signing....yes.....but I think the percentage of PD Forum Members that were thrilled to have GH at $8+ mil a year has shrunk over the last 1.5 seasons when his production has decreased with the emergence of Lance. Over the last 2 seasons.....his production has been reduced and did not match up with his price tag.

TO BE CLEAR, I am not blaming Lance for anything.....I think that GH's role has changed over the last 2 seasons, ( as a result ) his production has decreased and the contract that he signed doesn't line up with his production.

My guess is that GH's production will match up closer to how well he performed in the 2012-2013 season when his role in the offense was greater.
    Finally some logic

Mood

I get that. My point was that hindsight is always 20/20.

People were thrilled with the Scola trade last summer and ticked about it now. To judge these moves after we know the results is how GM's are evaluated, I get that, but it is not totally fair in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    First off, this is hilarious. Second, he really did not get it? Somebody had to explain it to him. That makes it even funnier!!

I agree with this except for one thing. Hill's production more than matched his contract during the 12-13. Last season not so much, but as you pointed out - this was due to the combination of Lance's emergence and Hill's role being changed

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I get that. My point was that hindsight is always 20/20.

People were thrilled with the Scola trade last summer and ticked about it now. To judge these moves after we know the results is how GM's are evaluated, I get that, but it is not totally fair in my humble opinion.
    I agree with you. I'm okay with how much GH was paid. I think that he is slightly overpaid.....but I think that he's more than capable of performing at a high enough level to justify his cost. The problem is that I think that there are others that think that have soured on him because he is now considered to be ( A ) Overpaid and therefore ( B ) not playing up to his Contract because of how he did 2 seasons ago compared to his reduced Production last season.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I agree with this except for one thing. Hill's production more than matched his contract during the 12-13. Last season not so much, but as you pointed out - this was due to the combination of Lance's emergence and Hill's role being changed
    You are correct. I should have clarified between the 2012-2013 season ( what I think that he is capable of producing on a consistent basis ) and the 2013-2014 season ( which I think is a result of his reduced role on the Team ).

33. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

I agree with you. I'm okay with how much GH was paid. I think that he is slightly overpaid.....but I think that he's more than capable of performing at a high enough level to justify his cost. The problem is that I think that there are others that think that have soured on him because he is now considered to be ( A ) Overpaid and therefore ( B ) not playing up to his Contract because of how he did 2 seasons ago compared to his reduced Production last season.
    Yeah. Aggressive George Hill is appropriately paid. Based on Lance leaving I would expect this version of Hill to appear much more often.