Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 291

Thread: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

  1. #1
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,025

    Default Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Just throwing the red meat out there. Let it out.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,564

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    He's on another team so **** lance hahaha

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Lord. This is ridiculous. He is gone, let it go.

  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  7. #4
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,396
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lord. This is ridiculous. He is gone, let it go.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Just when I thought nobody could make a more ridiculous thread than the "Fire Larry Bird" Thread. There's maybe been less than 10% of posters that have said they completely dislike Lance the person or the player.

    It's one thing to disagree about a players ability or effect ion a team, but to open an entire thread to try and generate negative sentiments is kind of pointless. Especially since he isn't a Pacer amymore.

    I've never seen a player damn near divide the entire board in my few years here lol its to the point of being silly (and I've admittedly been a part of the constant discussion and analysis of the guy)

    Sensitivity is strong around here recently

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  11. #6

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    I'm ready for PD to get over Lance.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm ready for PD to get over Lance.
    No kidding. Free agency is what it is. People forget that in 1996 Reggie Miller and the Knicks flirted with one another during free agency, and there was a time when it seemed more than plausible that Reggie would sign with New York. The Knicks ended up deciding to pay Allen Houston instead and Reggie re-signed with the Pacers later in the offseason. Reggie seriously considered the Knicks offer and didn't re-sign with the Pacers until October, right before training camp.

    http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/01/sp...ore-years.html

    If I ever could sit down with Reggie for 10 minutes and ask him one question, it would be how close was he really to playing in New York in the summer of 1996. The internet wasn't nearly what it is now so there wasn't as much insight on the negotiations. I wonder if Reggie would be willing to talk about it nearly 20 years later.
    Last edited by idioteque; 07-20-2014 at 02:58 PM.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  15. #8

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    I don't hate Lance, and in his same shoes might've made the same decision. It's a gamble on both the part of his agent and Lance that (a) he'll behave himself, and (b) he'll play team ball. Time will tell.

    I think what separates good from great players/teams is that they look past who can offer the biggest money. Would $8.8 vs $9 mil be that big of a difference in 10-15 years? No. That's why players like Bird, Jordan and teams like the Spurs were great, everyone made some sacrifices both team wise and financially. It's just not something you see today very much.

    I used to live in SA, and am visiting there now, the town worships these guys. They'll have endorsement opportunities and dignitary status forever, like David Robinson, who is on billboards still.

    The perfect example is Pujols, who bolted the Cardinals for a few extra bucks. He'd be revered forever in STL had he stayed, had statues of himself along Musial, Brock, and Gibson...now he's a near pariah. Guess it's idealistic and maybe unrealistic to think loyalty (like Bird and the team showed to LS) or gratitude (his hometown nyk passed on him x2, in the second round...Bird stuck with him even after he threw his pregnant gf down steps and kicked her in the head) ever factor in, but I was still hopeful LS would stay. So naive of me.

  16. #9
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,530

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to live in SA, and am visiting there now, the town worships these guys. They'll have endorsement opportunities and dignitary status forever, like David Robinson, who is on billboards still.
    And that's exactly what everyone should do towards San Antonio's group. I have no connection to SA at all but I worship and admire the heck out of them as well.

    The Spurs are simply the personification of basketball and they deserve everyone's respect.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,025

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm ready for PD to get over Lance.
    That was exactly the intent of this thread. To wrap this thing up and move on.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,286

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    I don't hate anybody, but let me just say my main off season wish was for Lance to move elsewhere. Mission accomplished. There was a game last season(don't remember the exact one) where it became apparent to me throughout the game that Lance was keeping track of individual stats. He was one rebound shy of a double or triple double and as soon as he got it he celebrated like we just won a playoff game. We don't need that. Someone who puts their personal agenda on the floor over team agenda. After that game I decided I wanted him gone. The whole fake injuries to get attention thing was getting way too old to. I know many on here are disappointed, but this has been a good off season for me. OK....enough about Lance.....next season's Pacers will be about team ball again and I can't wait.

  21. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Lance was keeping track of his stats in game 1 of the ECF if I recall correctly. Candice had some tweets about it during the game.

  22. #13
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,572

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    In before the Lock.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,975
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    I had been holding this in, but now is finally my chance! The fact that his last name has 'ph' in it instead of 'v' made it so hard to consistently write the name out correctly. So I had to call him Lance for short. But Lance Bass will always be the one, true 'Lance'! My weekly 'Hooking Up with Bass' newsletter just caused so much confusion. Now, everything will be as it should. Good riddance! #dontgivemeonemorelance

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    I don't hate Lance. He is betting big on himself. There's nothing wrong with that. If it works out for him, its going to work out BIG. If it doesn't, at least he gambled with his own money.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    I hate Troy Murphy and JOB

    Edit: I guess I haven't gotten over that yet
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,213

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread


  31. #18
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,187
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Just because someone doesn't share the same enthusiasm as you doesn't make them a hater. "Hater" is the most over used word when two parties disagree.

    Person 1-" I disagree with your opinion

    Person 2- "you are an ignorant hater. Don't judge me hater."

    Classifying those who are not as crazy about Lance as you are as haters is immature. And this thread is your 4th grade temper tantrum. Take you Pokemon cards and go home.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm ready for PD to get over Lance.
    Might as well get used to it. Good or bad Lance, he will be talked about for quite some time game to game, especially when its all about good Lance and the Hornets are winning with Lance being large part of it. Then, this... this today will be nothing.

    Could you imagine internet forums in the time of Alex English....hmm
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  34. #20

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    The Bucks forum on RealGM has an ongoing Tobias Harris watch thread that basically serves as an open reminder of their GM's incompetence. I fear if Lance starts the season strong and the Pacers are in a rut, we might have a similar "Lance Watch" thread. This could be a long season

  35. #21
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bucks forum on RealGM has an ongoing Tobias Harris watch thread that basically serves as an open reminder of their GM's incompetence. I fear if Lance starts the season strong and the Pacers are in a rut, we might have a similar "Lance Watch" thread. This could be a long season
    Slightly different situation. I mean, Larry Bird did outbid Charlotte for heavens sake.

  36. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,687

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    He'll come back so I aint got no worries.

  37. #23
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll come back so I aint got no worries.
    While the Pacers do have a sometimes unhealthy predisposition towards bringing back former players, I don't think that's going to happen this time. For some reason, the way he left and the team response just feels different.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  39. #24
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,460
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While the Pacers do have a sometimes unhealthy predisposition towards bringing back former players, I don't think that's going to happen this time. For some reason, the way he left and the team response just feels different.
    Agreed. The way Lance left and didn't give the Pacers a chance to match Charlotte's offer (when reportedly they would have) has to leave a bad taste in Birds, Walsh's and Simon's mouth.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  41. #25
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,025

    Default Re: Lance Stephenson Hater Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. The way Lance left and didn't give the Pacers a chance to match Charlotte's offer (when reportedly they would have) has to leave a bad taste in Birds, Walsh's and Simon's mouth.
    Based on Simon's quotes, I don't think he had a bad taste in his mouth. Bird yes. But not Simon IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •