Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rank the East

Default Re: Rank the East

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The Hornets are interesting. They lack the three ball. If their lineup of Kemba/Lance/MKG/Vonleh(Zeller)/AlJeff logs too many minutes I think their offense will be worse than the Pacers. Their defense will be good. I can't wait to see Lance and PG go at it.
    It should be pointed out that the Charlotte coaching staff has made it abundantly clear that Marvin Williams will be the starting PF this coming season due to his ability to spread the floor with his 3pt shooting, allowing Al Jefferson to go one on one in the paint. Zeller and Vonleh will be brought along slowly, so this team won't be relying on as many young players as you think.

Last season they finished 7th in the east with two starting wings who couldn't shoot, Henderson and MKG. Stephenson is a HUGE upgrade over Henderson in almost every way. They drafted a knockdown shooter in PJ Hairston. So Henderson may be on his way out of town. Meanwhile MKG has spent all summer working with Mark Price to breakdown and rework his shooting stroke. Gary Neal is also still on the roster. So expect improved shooting from the Hornets next year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson traded for a backup center. With Stephenson, Neal,and Hairston, they don't need a SG who sucks from 3 pt range. Plus the fans in Charlotte had some college related reasons they never warmed to Henderson.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    It should be pointed out that the Charlotte coaching staff has made it abundantly clear that Marvin Williams will be the starting PF this coming season due to his ability to spread the floor with his 3pt shooting, allowing Al Jefferson to go one on one in the paint. Zeller and Vonleh will be brought along slowly, so this team won't be relying on as many young players as you think.

Last season they finished 7th in the east with two starting wings who couldn't shoot, Henderson and MKG. Stephenson is a HUGE upgrade over Henderson in almost every way. They drafted a knockdown shooter in PJ Hairston. So Henderson may be on his way out of town. Meanwhile MKG has spent all summer working with Mark Price to breakdown and rework his shooting stroke. Gary Neal is also still on the roster. So expect improved shooting from the Hornets next year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson traded for a backup center. With Stephenson, Neal,and Hairston, they don't need a SG who sucks from 3 pt range. Plus the fans in Charlotte had some college related reasons they never warmed to Henderson.
    Stephenson isn't a huge upgrade over Henderson in terms of shooting. I don't think Stephenson will play that much better than Henderson there tbh. Lance is a driving type of player, and he had Hill and PG here to spread the floor, no one in Charlotte to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Stephenson isn't a huge upgrade over Henderson in terms of shooting. I don't think Stephenson will play that much better than Henderson there tbh. Lance is a driving type of player, and he had Hill and PG here to spread the floor, no one in Charlotte to do that.
    I take it you didn't watch much of Gerald Henderson. His favorite move is to turn his back from 20 feet, run the shot clock down, and then jack up a turn around fadeaway that clanked off the rim. I think you are letting bitterness towards Lance cloud your judgement. No educated ball fan would say "I don't think Lance will play that much better than Henderson there." The current coaching staff doesn't even feel that Henderson is a legit starter in this league.

As for spreading the floor, that was pointed out in the post you quoted. Charlotte will be starting a 3pt shooter at the PF spot, which is the number one way to space the floor in the NBA today. They also drafted PJ Hairston who has ridiculous range, and have Gary Neal on the roster too.
    <---- Hansbrough smiling in the training room after Gerald Henderson's cheap shot. UNC won the game, Tyler was happy so he took this picture. Roy Williams keeps it on his desk.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shabazz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    I take it you didn't watch much of Gerald Henderson. His favorite move is to turn his back from 20 feet, run the shot clock down, and then jack up a turn around fadeaway that clanked off the rim. I think you are letting bitterness towards Lance cloud your judgement. No educated ball fan would say "I don't think Lance will play that much better than Henderson there." The current coaching staff doesn't even feel that Henderson is a legit starter in this league.

As for spreading the floor, that was pointed out in the post you quoted. Charlotte will be starting a 3pt shooter at the PF spot, which is the number one way to space the floor in the NBA today. They also drafted PJ Hairston who has ridiculous range, and have Gary Neal on the roster too.
    Henderson and Lance both shot 35% from 3 is my point. I don't think Lance can succeed in a system with little 3 pt shooting, Gary Neal sucks, and Hairston will play when Lance is on the bench. Marvin Williams is the best 3 pt shooter outside of Lance who will start and he didn't even shoot 35% last season, I don't think Lance can succeed there. The floor was spread in Indy with PG and Hill, it won't be in Charlotte with MKG and Walker.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Off the absolute top of my head:

1. Cleveland
    2. Chicago (if Rose is healthy--HUGE if for me)
    3. Indiana
    4. The District
    5. Charlotte
    6. Brooklyn
    7. Atlanta
    8. Miami
    9. Toronto
    10. New York
    11. Detroit
    12. Boston
    13. Orlando
    14. Milwaukee
    15. Philadelphia

Undefeated

1. Cleveland
    2. Chicago
    3. Miami
    4. Charlotte
    5. Atlanta
    6. Washington
    7. Toronto
    8. Brooklyn
    9. Pacers
    10. New York
    Danger Zone

Dutch Pacers Fan

1. Cleveland 62 wins
    2. Chicago 60 wins
    3. Washington 50 wins
    4. Atlanta 48 wins
    5. Toronto 44 wins
    6. Charlotte 43 wins
    7. Miami 42 wins
    8. Brooklyn 40 wins
    9. Detroit 38 wins
    10. New York 36 wins
    11. Indiana 34 wins
    12. Milwaukee 32 wins
    13. Orlando 30 wins
    14. Boston 26 wins
    15. Philadelphia 20 wins
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

1. Chicago
    2. Cleveland
    3. Washington
    4. Toronto
    5. Charlotte
    6. Miami
    7. Atlanta
    8. New York
    9. Detroit
    10. Brooklyn
    11. Boston
    12. Orlando
    13. Indiana
    14. Milwaukee
    15. Philadelphia

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Time to update this post-PG injury & Cleveland trade:

1) Cleveland*
    2) Chicago
    3) Washington*
    4) Toronto*
    5) Atlanta
    6) Miami
    7) Charlotte
    8) Brooklyn

*-Division winners

I see the Pacers finishing 9th or 10th.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    1. Chicago
    2. Cleveland
    3. Washington
    4. Toronto
    5. Charlotte
    6. Miami
    7. Atlanta
    8. New York
    9. Detroit
    10. Brooklyn
    11. Boston
    12. Orlando
    13. Indiana
    14. Milwaukee
    15. Philadelphia
    WOW ... ironic given your name ...

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    WOW ... ironic given your name ...
    His name is a gross misinterpretation of his feelings

I'm not going to rank the East; I have no idea. Cleveland and Chicago on the top tier. The rest of the playoff contenders in another tier, so Washington, Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, Indiana, Brooklyn, New York, Charlotte. The potentially frisky in another tier, so Orlando, Detroit, Boston. And finally the inept, Milwaukee and Philly.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

LeBron went to Cleveland to go back and battle demons. He wants to redeem himself in his home state. But he's gathering more stars and solid role players the same way he did in Miami. As a result, any rings he wins in Cleveland will also be tainted. It's really a shame they cannot allow the owners to trade pieces fairly and create a truly competitive league. Basically, if Cleveland turns around and wins a championship after LeBron attracts a bunch of talent to Cleveland, the NBA is basically a sham league.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    LeBron went to Cleveland to go back and battle demons. He wants to redeem himself in his home state. But he's gathering more stars and solid role players the same way he did in Miami. As a result, any rings he wins in Cleveland will also be tainted. It's really a shame they cannot allow the owners to trade pieces fairly and create a truly competitive league. Basically, if Cleveland turns around and wins a championship after LeBron attracts a bunch of talent to Cleveland, the NBA is basically a sham league.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

what

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

ESPN forecast panel rates the top 7 in the East:
    Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, Washington, Charlotte, Miami, Atlanta

Brooklyn at 8.

Cleveland is basically pulling a Boston; trading young talent they've compiled for proven stars to form a super team. Ironically, this never could have happened if LeBron hadn't left four years ago.

There we are at #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Cleveland is basically pulling a Boston; trading young talent they've compiled for proven stars to form a super team. Ironically, this never could have happened if LeBron hadn't left four years ago.
    And they are trying to trade for a Minnesota PF also...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I wanted Kevin Love to go to Boston to be the 3rd power forward named Kevin to go from Minnesota to Boston.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post: