Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rank the East

Default Re: Rank the East

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand how we are easily still an elite team. We aren't. You win in the NBA by talent. This isn't the NFL, where a HOF QB can carry your team to the playoffs every year. The Pacers are lacking talent after losing Lance. Instead of having the advantage over most opponents in the SG position, we are now at a disadvantage. Matchups guys, matchups
    You don't win on talent alone... We have talent too..., Paul George is talented, George Hill is talented, Rodney Stuckey is talented, David West is talented, CJ Miles is talented, Roy isn't talented but he's huge so it kinda evens out.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

Worst case scenario, Roy is 2nd half Roy all season, David is older, and PG has too much of a load to carry. If these fears come to fruition I can see a team like Toronto finishing with more wins than the Pacers.
    If this happens I'd put us 7-9 or maybe even 10th. If Roy is bad Roy, then that means that the locker room issues still exist, and I think we are screwed. If whatever happened is all patched up and everyone comes out willing to battle and play to potential, than I think a 3 seed is most likely, and 2 is entirely reasonable.
    Danger Zone

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1. Cleveland
    2. Chicago
    3. Washington
    4. Indiana
    5. Miami
    6. Toronto
    7. Charlotte
    8. Atlanta

The east has a lot of talented teams, it'll be a tight race. Having Chicago and a reloaded Cavs team in our division is tough and will hurt our record slightly.

Yeah do think there is potential that CLE, CHI and IND all reduce each other's wins by 3-4.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    this thread is way too early. Too many dominoes left.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Rosters are not set and will not be until the start of the season.

If CLE trades for Love, then that changes everything. If IND continues to shop Roy and sends him off then that changes everything. CHI is supposedly still looking at making moves. We don't know the actual status of D. Rose in CHI, we have heard for two seasons that he will return, so if he does, that could change things.

This thread is way too early.

If we had finished strong then I would be optimistic about next season but we didn't. The team's weaknesses were exposed for all to see and now we have lost probably the guy with the second best upside. There is just no way we can predict how Roy will respond at this time and especially in the playoffs when things become a lot more intense.

We have brought in a number of marginal guys but the real problem is to figure out a way to maximize the strengths and talents this team has and to bring in some coaches who can provide strategies that will help win games. When Larry coached he had some very good coaching personnel but for some reason Vogel doesn't. There is just a ton of inexperience within the coaching staff.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cleveland will also probably have an advantage during the regular season with their non-division eastern conference opponents, usually non-playoff teams will play other non-playoff teams more the following season.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Rosters are not set and will not be until the start of the season.

If CLE trades for Love, then that changes everything. If IND continues to shop Roy and sends him off then that changes everything. CHI is supposedly still looking at making moves. We don't know the actual status of D. Rose in CHI, we have heard for two seasons that he will return, so if he does, that could change things.

This thread is way too early.
    Why is it too early? If they make moves, then come on here and change your opinion, its not a big deal.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The only Pacer I'm super worried about is West. He is due for either a huge drop in efficiency or an injury, maybe both. I hope I'm wrong. But his mobility has decreased significantly and he showed that he can struggle with effort on the offensive end last year, not to mention the other side of the court. Inefficient West + ineffective Scola + assiduously stubborn rotations = even more scoring woes.

Tough to be certain or even semi-certain about anything in the East this year though. One of the eight teams continually being mentioned in this thread won't make the playoffs. Something always interferes. My guess is either one of Toronto or Washington. They are BLB franchises.

A year ago ESPN asked if the Knicks could win the title...now they ask if the Knicks can make the playoffs
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...-fisher-knicks

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Why is it too early? If they make moves, then come on here and change your opinion, its not a big deal.
    which makes this thread too early if people are changing their stance multiple times before the season starts.

The title of this thread should have been "I still believe the Pacers are #1 in the East without Lance, who else is with me?"

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    If this happens I'd put us 7-9 or maybe even 10th. If Roy is bad Roy, then that means that the locker room issues still exist, and I think we are screwed. If whatever happened is all patched up and everyone comes out willing to battle and play to potential, than I think a 3 seed is most likely, and 2 is entirely reasonable.
    Hard to know if its locker room issues or that he is a headcase in which case nothing will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Depends if we get Roy Hibbert, top five center and candidate for DPOY, or Roy Hibbert, 7'2" waste of space with brick hands, no shot and for some reason an inability to rebound.

If we get good roy i think we're top three, bad roy then 5-9
    I believe that we're the team to beat in the East with a DPOY Hibbert. LeBron is a game changer for the Cavs, but I don't believe they have enough collective experience to beat us...even with Love.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I believe that we're the team to beat in the East with a DPOY Hibbert. LeBron is a game changer for the Cavs, but I don't believe they have enough collective experience to beat us...even with Love.
    My opinion is they will get Love and he will get all the rebounds and it will be very frustrating.. He's a beast. I hate him, but can't deny his skills. If they don't get him they'll be fun to watch but not near as dangerous in short term.

1. Chicago
    2. Cleveland
    3. Raptors
    4. Pacers
    5. Heat
    6. Hawks
    7. Wizards
    8. Hornets

Didn't relaly know where to put this tweet from Candace so just thought I'd put it here

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not sure that this thread is too early. I mean, how many difference making dominos are left that have not fallen? Cleveland is going to be really good no matter what happens with Kevin Love and everyone else has made their significant moves of the offseason. Speculation at this point is fair game.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Didn't relaly know where to put this tweet from Candace so just thought I'd put it here

You have to love Candace. I do think losing Lance made her last tweet a given no matter what else happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

This is what I think, we didn't improve on paper, but we improved overall as a team imo due to maturity. The more and more quotes I read and see leads me to believe Lance was a locker room issue. Unfortunately, all that matters to a lot of people now is talent on paper.

If the Cavs trade for Kevin Love, then they're number one in the East. If they do NOT acquire Kevin Love, then this will what the East will be in my opinion:

1) Chicago
    2) Indiana
    3) Cleveland
    4) Washington
    5) Charlotte
    6) Miami
    7) Toronto
    8) Atlanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This is what I think, we didn't improve on paper, but we improved overall as a team imo due to maturity. The more and more quotes I read and see leads me to believe Lance was a locker room issue. Unfortunately, all that matters to a lot of people now is talent on paper.
    I think the fit will be much better. Think about it this way. If we rewind to the beginning of last season Granger is now Miles, and Lance is now Stuckey. While there was disagreement on how to use them, most everyone was excited to have both. The difference is Miles isn't coming off of a career changing injury, and Stuckey isn't as talented as Lance. This means Miles > Granger, and Stuckey < Lance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Derrick Rose Unlikely to Play Full season for Chicago Bulls

This should make a difference somewhat for us in the central. Still a tough team regardless....

http://www.givemesport.com/486775-de...-chicago-bulls

70 Games Max

According to Moke Hamilton of Basketball Insiders, even if D.Rose can get himself back to full fitness for the course of the season, the Bulls will still make it so that he misses a good chunk of the season.

Getting Rose on the court for 70 games may be the target for the Bulls, but we should all be waiting to see if he can get through ten matches, never mind 70.

Injury Struggles

Rose is looking to bounce back from two straight disappointing seasons, in which he has only played a total of 10 games. The former MVP missed the entire 2012-13 season due to a torn ACL in his left knee and only played in 10 games last season after sustaining a torn medial meniscus in his right knee.

The 25-year old now has to show that he can get back to his best or just become another guy who will rue injuries for the rest of his career.

The former Memphis standout was also named to the 19-man USA Basketball pool, who will train for the upcoming 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain.

Bulls Hopeful

Chicago are looking at this season with a lot of hope as the team went out and added two huge pieces to their team and cut out an expensive one in Carlos Boozer.

All of this was an attempt to finally field a championship worthy roster and the additions of Pau Gasol and Nikola Mirotic have gotten fans excited about this upcoming season. But while the new additions are nice, the Bulls need Derrick Rose to be able to walk five steps without screwing up his knees — which is apparently a lot easier said than done.

1. Cleveland
    2. Indiana
    3. Washington
    4. Toronto
    5. Chicago
    6. Atlanta
    7. Miami
    8. Brooklyn

I've been talking friends off of cliffs all week. I'm going to miss rooting for lance as much as the next guy, and I will concede we lost a good young talent for nothing. But I believe 100% that Cj miles is a better fit in the starting lineup and on the team. Not only will the pacers NOT regress, they're going to be better next year. I think the east is wide open next year and I'm pumped to see this team play together as constructed.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I hesitate doing this because I don't think the rosters are set, as Chicago just resigned Hinrich. Monroe and Bledsoe are still out there for the Hawks to grab.

1. Indiana
    2. Chicago
    3. Miami
    4. Cleveland
    5. Hawks
    6. Wizards
    7. Charlotte
    8. Toronto

Chicago will be number if they are healthy, I just don't think they will be. I really think Lebron will be in the ECF. They will either have a slow start or a trade will slow them down. Kyrie gets injured as well. The Hawks will be better and could even climb top three in the conference. The Wizards as well. ALthough I think they will miss Ariza's defense. Toronto slips because Lowry got a contract and he will be injured a lot because of it. Miami will be better than people give them credit for.

Seriously though I think Wade will be better than the previous 4. He and Bosh will pick and pop teams into oblivion. Deng and Granger will give them solid defense and Battier clones in this system. Deng being a better one.

The Hornets are interesting. They lack the three ball. If their lineup of Kemba/Lance/MKG/Vonleh(Zeller)/AlJeff logs too many minutes I think their offense will be worse than the Pacers. Their defense will be good. I can't wait to see Lance and PG go at it.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    The Hornets are interesting. They lack the three ball. If their lineup of Kemba/Lance/MKG/Vonleh(Zeller)/AlJeff logs too many minutes I think their offense will be worse than the Pacers. Their defense will be good. I can't wait to see Lance and PG go at it.
    Completely agree. That team began to play well towards the end of last year. Al is very good, and Zeller really struggled last year so I imagine he will improve. I think MKG is a good player, and Kemba and Lance is, well, an odd couple to me. There is a lot of talent on that team, but it is so young.
    Danger Zone